From: Anonym...@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Subject: i2p router gpspipe time
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 13:21:21 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 13:21 UTC

https://www.tabnine.com/code/java/methods/org.geotools.gpx.bean.PtType/setTime
for C is even simpler.

I was wandering if we can add a checkbox to settings or add-on where we can get time from external devices/sources. This is very useful for VPN's, Tor, YGG when you offset system time or hide the clock for most apps.

QT i2pd works well through Tor even though it gets time within 0.3 seconds offset from NTPs. I experimented with all routers by myself and they all work well up to a few seconds network delay when they get the correct GPS time. The key words are "work well".

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: i2p router gpspipe time

<tb91b9$vok$1@shakotay.alphanet.ch>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=418&group=rocksolid.shared.i2p#418

From: schae...@alphanet.ch (Marc SCHAEFER)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Subject: Re: i2p router gpspipe time
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 13:52:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Marc SCHAEFER - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 13:52 UTC

Anonymous <Anonymous@rocksolidbbs.com> wrote:
> QT i2pd works well through Tor even though it gets time within 0.3
> seconds offset from NTPs. I experimented with all routers by myself
> and they all work well up to a few seconds network delay when they get
> the correct GPS time. The key words are "work well".

Is GPS time really needed?

If you install a real NTP daemon, you can then configure it to synchronize from multiple
source and even take in account network delays. Then you get good
synchronization, see https://timetoolsltd.com/ntp/ntp-timing-accuracy/

I am surprised any protocol (except realtime / antenna sync) would need
more than this. If you do, look for the PTP protocol.

Re: i2p router gpspipe time

<4a9e8d2ca58463447d2fa28452d96f6b@rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=419&group=rocksolid.shared.i2p#419

From: Anonym...@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 04:15:06 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 04:15 UTC

For me it is essential. If I go 10km away at a friend's house there are no problems. If my time offset is higher than 0.2 seconds than I get attacked and put into overdrive for about 30 minutes until the time offset is 0.4 seconds at which point is Open Season.

Sure the point of entry I use is full of "scum": red ricers, ruskies, and every imaginable hacker on the planet. The gov goons are the least on the list but not to be ignored.

My friends house is a regular ISP service that you overpay, pays double for any online shopping basically they have a detailed profile with triggers on him.

If you do crypto-credits it is a must. The level of fraud is higher than credit cards.

--
Posted on RetroBBS