Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 06:27:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: When Will This Zap End? Speculating on the Struggle for a New World Order
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 13:27 UTC

"Abstract
The paper analyzes the current crisis in Russia’s relations with Western countries and possible scenarios of further developments. The author concludes that the West is essentially at war with Russia as the very concept of war is not limited to a direct armed clash but suggests efforts by one power to compel the opponent to fulfil this power’s will. The current crisis was precipitated by the collapse of the Soviet Union, which heralded the West’s victory in the Cold War. Russia was not included in the Western bloc as a full-fledged member, and the West never intended to recognize Russia’s right to become an independent great power. The great power status is an objective necessity for Russia, but its potential does not allow it to confront the collective West on equal terms. One possible solution is further rapprochement with China which has the capability to claim the status of a second superpower."

https://eng.globalaffairs.ru/articles/when-will-this-zap-end/

Re: When Will This Zap End? Speculating on the Struggle for a New World Order

<20d63856-bb0f-4a9b-b439-824ace1fc04bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9992&group=soc.culture.china#9992

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 11:47:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: When Will This Zap End? Speculating on the Struggle for a New
World Order
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 18:47 UTC

On Friday, July 15, 2022 at 9:27:11 AM UTC-4, ltlee1 wrote:
> "Abstract
> The paper analyzes the current crisis in Russia’s relations with Western countries and possible scenarios of further developments. The author concludes that the West is essentially at war with Russia as the very concept of war is not limited to a direct armed clash but suggests efforts by one power to compel the opponent to fulfil this power’s will. The current crisis was precipitated by the collapse of the Soviet Union, which heralded the West’s victory in the Cold War. Russia was not included in the Western bloc as a full-fledged member, and the West never intended to recognize Russia’s right to become an independent great power. The great power status is an objective necessity for Russia, but its potential does not allow it to confront the collective West on equal terms. One possible solution is further rapprochement with China which has the capability to claim the status of a second superpower."
>
> https://eng.globalaffairs.ru/articles/when-will-this-zap-end/

When will this Zap, i.e. the West essentially at war with Russia, end?
I have yet to see any ending.
As long as the
1.) leading power(s) see the world and world history through the lens of good versus evil,
2.) assigning itself the role of prosecutor, judge, and executioner of world events, and
3.) domestic situation calls for an external enemy, this or that country would have to be
its enemy.

SO, WHAT SHOULD RUSSIA DO?
The following are still sound advices.

"First of all, it is necessary to ensure stability in the current zone of influence, which includes the
CSTO/EAEU, as well as Azerbaijan (the declaration of allied cooperation between Baku and Moscow
was signed on February 22, 2022), Georgia, and Syria; resolve the conflict in Ukraine; map out the future
and rebuild the economy of the Lugansk and Donetsk People’s Republics. Six million people living in
Crimea and Donbass are of strategic importance to Russia. But it must be understood that there must be
no further expansion of Russia."
Russia needs to develop its economy and increase the share of trade and services. ...

Secondly, Russia should increase cooperation with China in all areas, including trade, transport, air, engine-
and ship-building, tourism, finance, and so on. A strong military-political alliance with China, by analogy with
NATO, is unlikely and does not create significant “added value” either for Moscow or Beijing. ...

Thirdly, it is imperative to develop relations with countries that seek to pursue independent policies in certain
regions of the world and have sufficient potential for this. The key ones are India, Turkey, Argentina, Brazil,
Iran, Egypt, Mexico, and Vietnam.

At the same time, we must clearly understand that there is no end of history or any single scenario and there
can be none. "

Re: When Will This Zap End? Speculating on the Struggle for a New World Order

<d1213d58-cb69-4446-9c6d-ee3538188146n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10018&group=soc.culture.china#10018

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 10:08:54 -0700 (PDT)
World Order
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 17:08 UTC

On Saturday, July 16, 2022 at 2:47:31 PM UTC-4, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Friday, July 15, 2022 at 9:27:11 AM UTC-4, ltlee1 wrote:
> > "Abstract
> > The paper analyzes the current crisis in Russia’s relations with Western countries and possible scenarios of further developments. The author concludes that the West is essentially at war with Russia as the very concept of war is not limited to a direct armed clash but suggests efforts by one power to compel the opponent to fulfil this power’s will. The current crisis was precipitated by the collapse of the Soviet Union, which heralded the West’s victory in the Cold War. Russia was not included in the Western bloc as a full-fledged member, and the West never intended to recognize Russia’s right to become an independent great power. The great power status is an objective necessity for Russia, but its potential does not allow it to confront the collective West on equal terms. One possible solution is further rapprochement with China which has the capability to claim the status of a second superpower."
> >
> > https://eng.globalaffairs.ru/articles/when-will-this-zap-end/
> When will this Zap, i.e. the West essentially at war with Russia, end?
> I have yet to see any ending.
> As long as the
> 1.) leading power(s) see the world and world history through the lens of good versus evil,
> 2.) assigning itself the role of prosecutor, judge, and executioner of world events, and
> 3.) domestic situation calls for an external enemy, this or that country would have to be
> its enemy.
>
> SO, WHAT SHOULD RUSSIA DO?
> The following are still sound advices.
>
> "First of all, it is necessary to ensure stability in the current zone of influence, which includes the
> CSTO/EAEU, as well as Azerbaijan (the declaration of allied cooperation between Baku and Moscow
> was signed on February 22, 2022), Georgia, and Syria; resolve the conflict in Ukraine; map out the future
> and rebuild the economy of the Lugansk and Donetsk People’s Republics. Six million people living in
> Crimea and Donbass are of strategic importance to Russia. But it must be understood that there must be
> no further expansion of Russia."

Analysts inside and outside of Russia may point to above as evidence that Russia is seeking hegemony over its
neighbors. But to the extent that Russia could "ensure stability in the current zone of influence, which includes
the CSTO/EAEU, as well as Azerbaijan (the declaration of allied cooperation between Baku and Moscow
was signed on February 22, 2022), Georgia, and Syria; resolve the conflict in Ukraine", is it not true that Russia is
also making positive contribution.

> Russia needs to develop its economy and increase the share of trade and services. ...
>
> Secondly, Russia should increase cooperation with China in all areas, including trade, transport, air, engine-
> and ship-building, tourism, finance, and so on. A strong military-political alliance with China, by analogy with
> NATO, is unlikely and does not create significant “added value” either for Moscow or Beijing. ...
>
> Thirdly, it is imperative to develop relations with countries that seek to pursue independent policies in certain
> regions of the world and have sufficient potential for this. The key ones are India, Turkey, Argentina, Brazil,
> Iran, Egypt, Mexico, and Vietnam.
>
> At the same time, we must clearly understand that there is no end of history or any single scenario and there
> can be none. "

Re: When Will This Zap End? Speculating on the Struggle for a New World Order

<b092c9d0-e19c-4f5e-8ce1-d9d79423af5en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10039&group=soc.culture.china#10039

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 21:10:48 -0700 (PDT)
World Order
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 04:10 UTC

On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 1:08:55 AM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> [...]
> also making positive contribution.
> > Russia needs to develop its economy and increase the share of trade and services. ...
> >
> > Secondly, Russia should increase cooperation with China in all areas, including trade, transport, air, engine-
> > and ship-building, tourism, finance, and so on. A strong military-political alliance with China, by analogy with
> > NATO, is unlikely and does not create significant “added value” either for Moscow or Beijing. ...
> >
> > Thirdly, it is imperative to develop relations with countries that seek to pursue independent policies in certain
> > regions of the world and have sufficient potential for this. The key ones are India, Turkey, Argentina, Brazil,
> > Iran, Egypt, Mexico, and Vietnam.
> >
> > At the same time, we must clearly understand that there is no end of history or any single scenario and there

The zapping is not ending yet as US is wanting to tired out Russian forces in Ukraine. US is continuing its agitation of weapons supply, they want the war to go on and hence will not be ending yet. US has nothing to lose as they have no war casualties at all. But Russia has the might and power to mount and defend battle ay their own time and terms. The advices mentioned above are not extraordinary but are worthy to consider, to broaden and strengthen the country's internal and external economics and strengthen defense coalition's objectives with countries of independent policies in certain regions.