Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 02:34:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_It’s_What_Beijing’s_Party_Boss_May_Not_Have_
Said_That_Shows_Zero-Covid_Fatigue
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Sun, 3 Jul 2022 09:34 UTC

On Friday, July 1, 2022 at 7:29:21 AM UTC+8, David P. wrote:
> It’s What Beijing’s Party Boss May Not Have Said That Shows Zero-Covid Fatigue
> By Joyu Wang, June 27, 2022, WSJ
>
> While much of the world has reopened and is living with Covid-19, China is the last major economy to stick with a zero-tolerance approach to the virus, relying on mass testing, control of people’s movements and lockdowns or quarantines—all made possible through the use of mobile location data, face recognition and other high-tech solutions.
>
> China’s continued use of such pervasive, technology-based social controls comes amid growing concern that they are both here to stay and are prone to abuse. In one recent example, officials in the central city of Zhengzhou switched the health codes of more than a thousand bank customers to color red—indicating high risk related to Covid-19 infections—to stop them from joining protests over four rural banks in the region accused of financial misconduct.
>
> One of the would-be protesters, Ye Mijian, said that when he tried to leave the Zhengzhou train station, his green code switched to red and he was confined to a hotel.
>
> https://www.wsj.com/articles/its-what-beijings-party-boss-may-not-have-said-that-shows-zero-covid-fatigue-11656342243

China's strict lockdowns had produced results. After lockdown reopened, factory production is pacing at high speed again. The latest is that factory's production is pacing fast with manufacturing activities index of PMI rising to 5.4 percentage point in June from 3.6 percent point in May.

US and their gangsters of 5 eyes countries who are hoping to see China going into collapsing state are now very angry to see their prediction of a failing China is back roaring away with activities to meet all the world orders. US and their gangsters will now be busy churning new viruses to hurt the world again. This time all countries will be very careful with entry of Western people and their products, too. If not, they will blame China for it.