From: ali...@invalid.address (alien)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: It’s What Beijing’s Party Boss May Not Have Said That Shows Zero-Covid Fatigue
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 02:56:44 GMT
 by: alien - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 02:56 UTC

On 1 Jul 2022 at 01:29:18 CEST, ""David P."" <imbibe@mindspring.com> wrote:

> It’s What Beijing’s Party Boss May Not Have Said That Shows Zero-Covid Fatigue
> By Joyu Wang, June 27, 2022, WSJ
>
> While much of the world has reopened and is living with Covid-19, China is the
> last major economy to stick with a zero-tolerance approach to the virus,
> relying on mass testing, control of people’s movements and lockdowns or
> quarantines—all made possible through the use of mobile location data, face
> recognition and other high-tech solutions.
>
> China’s continued use of such pervasive, technology-based social controls
> comes amid growing concern that they are both here to stay and are prone to
> abuse. In one recent example, officials in the central city of Zhengzhou
> switched the health codes of more than a thousand bank customers to color
> red—indicating high risk related to Covid-19 infections—to stop them from
> joining protests over four rural banks in the region accused of financial
> misconduct.
>
> One of the would-be protesters, Ye Mijian, said that when he tried to leave
> the Zhengzhou train station, his green code switched to red and he was
> confined to a hotel.
>
> <https://www.wsj.com/articles/its-what-beijings-party-boss-may-not-have-said-that-shows-zero-covid-fatigue-11656342243>

I cannot access the full article since it is paywalled.

CCP should think that you have to live with the virus. It is like with
influenza virus. Otherwise, the economy will suffer, and the grassroots will
suffer.

But I think it is one of the creative ideas of CCP, so it can use for barren
people to demonstrate.
--
-alien-
~ Work like you don't need the money. ~

Re: It’s What Beijing’s Party Boss May Not Have Said That Shows Zero-Covid Fatigue

<0074aa23-2a76-4e54-9809-a9b7be06bf20n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9880&group=soc.culture.china#9880

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 03:20:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_It’s_What_Beijing’s_Party_Boss_May_Not_Have_
Said_That_Shows_Zero-Covid_Fatigue
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 10:20 UTC

On Friday, July 1, 2022 at 10:56:46 PM UTC-4, alien wrote:
> On 1 Jul 2022 at 01:29:18 CEST, ""David P."" <imb...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> > It’s What Beijing’s Party Boss May Not Have Said That Shows Zero-Covid Fatigue
> > By Joyu Wang, June 27, 2022, WSJ
> >
> > While much of the world has reopened and is living with Covid-19, China is the
> > last major economy to stick with a zero-tolerance approach to the virus,
> > relying on mass testing, control of people’s movements and lockdowns or
> > quarantines—all made possible through the use of mobile location data, face
> > recognition and other high-tech solutions.
> >
> > China’s continued use of such pervasive, technology-based social controls
> > comes amid growing concern that they are both here to stay and are prone to
> > abuse. In one recent example, officials in the central city of Zhengzhou
> > switched the health codes of more than a thousand bank customers to color
> > red—indicating high risk related to Covid-19 infections—to stop them from
> > joining protests over four rural banks in the region accused of financial
> > misconduct.
> >
> > One of the would-be protesters, Ye Mijian, said that when he tried to leave
> > the Zhengzhou train station, his green code switched to red and he was
> > confined to a hotel.
> >
> > <https://www.wsj.com/articles/its-what-beijings-party-boss-may-not-have-said-that-shows-zero-covid-fatigue-11656342243>
> I cannot access the full article since it is paywalled.
>
> CCP should think that you have to live with the virus. It is like with
> influenza virus. Otherwise, the economy will suffer, and the grassroots will
> suffer.

It is not like with influenza virus yet. At least not yet.

> But I think it is one of the creative ideas of CCP, so it can use for barren
> people to demonstrate.

Please look up the data.
Western "Let the people die" policy, (about 180,000+ this year in the US this year alone)
does not have better economic outcome than China, both headline GDP and consumer
sentiment.