Just because the message may never be received does not mean it is not worth sending.

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: World Leaders Seek Solutions to Food Shortages Caused by Ukraine War

SubjectAuthor
* Re: World Leaders Seek Solutions to Food Shortages Caused by Ukraine Warstoney
`- Re: World Leaders Seek Solutions to Food Shortages Caused by Ukraine Warstoney

1
Re: World Leaders Seek Solutions to Food Shortages Caused by Ukraine War

<3ef1a91a-8182-4416-ac84-9d14bd1ecb51n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9862&group=soc.culture.china#9862

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 08:59:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: World Leaders Seek Solutions to Food Shortages Caused by Ukraine War
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 15:59 UTC

On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 3:16:33 AM UTC+8, David P. wrote:
> World Leaders Seek Solutions to Food Shortages Caused by Ukraine War
> By Vivian Salama and Bojan Pancevski, June 24, 2022, WSJ
>
> Russia and Ukraine together supply almost 1/3 of the world’s wheat, 1/4 of its barley and nearly 3/4 of sunflower oil, according to the Int'l Food Policy Research Institute. The Ukrainian govt expects less than half of this year’s harvest to make it out of the country.
>
> G-7 allies are now working to unblock transport bottlenecks or reroute food products, fertilizer and other agricultural products by sea and rail.
>
> Moscow has blamed Western sanctions for problems with global food prices and supplies, but a delegation of U.S. officials has been meeting with foreign governments, telling them that those involved in the export of Russian food commodities and fertilizers won’t face sanctions, a senior U.S.. official said.
>
> Officials are also seeking solutions to get Ukraine’s growing stockpiles of grain moving again since full silos must be emptied ahead of the harvest. Kyiv has accused Russia of seizing Ukrainian grain, an allegation backed by the U.S. State Dept, which sent cables to several govts in recent weeks urging them against accepting Ukrainian grain allegedly looted by Russia. Moscow denies the accusations.
>
> Ukrainian government officials said the country was negotiating with neighbors such as Poland, Romania and Hungary to improve railway links to be able to export more. Some of the grain was being moved by road, they said, but the capacity for that freight was much smaller and more expensive.
>
> Most Ukrainian exporters are now using railways to Poland to move their grain and other agricultural products, as well as the Romanian port of Constanta, according to officials and grain producers.
>
> A Romanian government official said his country’s ports couldn’t replace the volume of traffic that is being rerouted from Ukrainian ports, due partly to capacity issues and because Romania had its own grain to export.
>
> Poland has doubled the transit capacity at its border crossings with Ukraine to increase the flow of grain, according to Michal Dworczyk, chief of staff to the Polish PM.
>
> Cary Fowler, the U.S. special envoy for global food security, said the crisis “that we’re experiencing now is not one that is going to go away in the next few weeks [or] months.”
>
> https://www.wsj.com/articles/world-leaders-seek-solutions-to-food-shortages-caused-by-ukraine-war-11656078747

If US or world leaders stopped their economic sanctions on Russia, the food shortages will be back to normal. US at the G7 was now even targeting some companies from some countries for selling and shipping products to Russia.

They promised to cut them off, but did US think why they shouldn't do it at all. This is unless they have the money to compensate them for their losses. These companies are doing business and trades under free trade with whoever and whichever countries they shipped.

While on one hand, US is sanctioning Russia, but on the other hand, it is free trade and open trade for these businesses, Hence, except for purchasing and selling of military weapons, other things should be opened for free trade and open trade without whoever wants to business with each other. Therefore, business is about deals and about reciprocal deals and so on.

Re: World Leaders Seek Solutions to Food Shortages Caused by Ukraine War

<d6dd3740-255b-4391-aeb9-ea4b71ecf057n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9869&group=soc.culture.china#9869

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 22:34:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 05:34 UTC

On Friday, July 1, 2022 at 7:26:53 AM UTC+8, David P. wrote:
> stoney wrote:
> > , David P. wrote:
> > > World Leaders Seek Solutions to Food Shortages Caused by Ukraine War
> > > By Vivian Salama and Bojan Pancevski, June 24, 2022, WSJ
> > > [ . . . ]
> > > https://www.wsj.com/articles/world-leaders-seek-solutions-to-food-shortages-caused-by-ukraine-war-11656078747
> > If US or world leaders stopped their economic sanctions on Russia, the food shortages will be back to normal.
> If Russia stopped the stupid war, ***Everything*** would be back to normal!
> --
> --

War is "neutral" to others. It's among themselves, so to speak. One man's meat is another man's poison. Who's right is who is wrong. Who is powerful is on who is weak. US who result them into war.

But economic sanction is neither one. Economic sanction gives the one who has power to dominate the world to use as a whip to whip on countries they dislike. Economic sanction gives trilateral damages not only to the two countries at war but to third parties of businesses in countries from having to close their businesses.

They caused their clients to suffer from not receiving their goods and thus resulted food shortages from their food imports and exports from these two warring countries. The idea of "economic sanction" comes from US many years ago. At that time, they thought that if they cannot fight and occupy them, they can economic sanction until their people suffered from economic lockdowns and massive breakdowns.

They will use food shortage in other countries and suffering breakdown in that country to showcase how unhappy the people were. Hence they institute regime change for them by first using media flaming and fabrication of falsehoods and ganged up by 5 eyes countries making reports, and joint meeting to cast smears to destroy that country.