"Hello again, Peabody here..." -- Mister Peabody

interests / alt.life.sucks / Re: Da News

SubjectAuthor
* Da NewsThomas Joseph
`* Da NewsOllieNorthie@aol.com
 `* Da NewsThomas Joseph
  `* Da Newsjudith latham
   `- Da NewsThomas Joseph

1
Da News

<d8687240-efec-479a-b3a3-ee4c4868e856n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9842&group=alt.life.sucks#9842

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 17:25:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Da News
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 00:25 UTC

I used to buy two newspapers every day. I did it for years. It
was relaxing. Now I buy maybe one a week and it doesn't last
long. I used to go through the paper section by section tearing
out pages with stuff I wanted to read and creating my own little
magazine for later. Now I'm lucky to get a page. Who needs the
news? I do. I don't have a life, so I need the news. But the news
sucks. It's boring. When I say I need the news I don't mean the
news today. I need old news. I'll roll with the future too, that
could be interesting. But current shit just doesn't cut it. Even
the occasional killer gone berserk articles are boring. Not because
the murders were boring. Not because the guy who committed them
was boring. They are boring because they are chosen strictly on the
basis of stirring up political debates to get the voting machine in
running order. They used to wait a day or two before they'd jump
into the gun argument. Now it happens right away. Some kid killed
10 the other day. Could have been more, can't remember. It doesn't
matter. Numbers used to mean something. Not now. Now if a
guy with a knife goes out and kills 50 people at one time his story
is going to take a backseat to the one where a guy with a gun gets
only half as many. On the other hand, 50 all at once with just a
knife - as much as I hate the media fucks, I got to admit even they
would be impressed enough to make it immediate front page news.
I was watching something on TV the other day when Biden cut in
with a speech about gun violence. I turned it off. You were right when
you said we need to get more creative with our killings and not rely on
the gun all the time. Mass poisonings, sword attacks, and bombings are
needed to get the gun off the front page.

Re: Da News

<c59df5c0-51d8-47e3-8f37-e6d10d86b489n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9843&group=alt.life.sucks#9843

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 14:53:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Da News
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 21:53 UTC

On Saturday, June 11, 2022 at 8:25:58 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> I used to buy two newspapers every day. I did it for years. It
> was relaxing. Now I buy maybe one a week and it doesn't last
> long. I used to go through the paper section by section tearing
> out pages with stuff I wanted to read and creating my own little
> magazine for later. Now I'm lucky to get a page. Who needs the
> news? I do. I don't have a life, so I need the news. But the news
> sucks. It's boring. When I say I need the news I don't mean the
> news today. I need old news. I'll roll with the future too, that
> could be interesting. But current shit just doesn't cut it. Even
> the occasional killer gone berserk articles are boring. Not because
> the murders were boring. Not because the guy who committed them
> was boring. They are boring because they are chosen strictly on the
> basis of stirring up political debates to get the voting machine in
> running order. They used to wait a day or two before they'd jump
> into the gun argument. Now it happens right away. Some kid killed
> 10 the other day. Could have been more, can't remember. It doesn't
> matter. Numbers used to mean something. Not now. Now if a
> guy with a knife goes out and kills 50 people at one time his story
> is going to take a backseat to the one where a guy with a gun gets
> only half as many. On the other hand, 50 all at once with just a
> knife - as much as I hate the media fucks, I got to admit even they
> would be impressed enough to make it immediate front page news.
> I was watching something on TV the other day when Biden cut in
> with a speech about gun violence. I turned it off. You were right when
> you said we need to get more creative with our killings and not rely on
> the gun all the time. Mass poisonings, sword attacks, and bombings are
> needed to get the gun off the front page.

Guns are a good way to kill. But is it the only way? No. Guns are fairly new to the killing game. It started with a rock. That is cool. Rock and roll!

Re: Da News

<190792eb-ea90-4c08-bbd0-f1d2f376a1d3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9851&group=alt.life.sucks#9851

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 13:29:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 20:29 UTC

OllieN...@aol.com wrote:

> Guns are a good way to kill. But is it the only way? No. Guns are fairly new to the killing game. It started with a rock. That is cool. Rock and roll!

Other than a BB or pellet gun I have never fired a gun. I have nothing against
them. But back when I drank I didn't want one around. It was easy because
I was not a big gun freak to begin with. I carried a small lead club back when
I'd walk home late nights after parking the cab. It weighed 15 ounces. That is
heavy. I never used it. Even if I got into it with somebody, which is rare cause I'm so
diplomatic and cool, I'd probably forget I had it on me. Anyway, one day a guy
asked me "Why the club, what's wrong with a gun?" I told him he was right,
a gun is superior, no doubt about it, but I keep the club instead because I know
if I get drunk I'm not going to play around and beat myself to death with it. I
am probably pro gun - but would never get actively involved in the 'debate' which
like all issues is designed for the express purpose of getting out the vote no
matter which way it goes. But yes I certainly would love to see record breaking
non gun mass killings, you betcha.

Re: Da News

<ac70eef7-3f92-49b2-912c-32fddbdcebd1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9852&group=alt.life.sucks#9852

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 13:08:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: judithla...@gmx.com (judith latham)
 by: judith latham - Tue, 14 Jun 2022 20:08 UTC

On Monday, June 13, 2022 at 4:29:59 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> OllieN...@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Guns are a good way to kill. But is it the only way? No. Guns are fairly new to the killing game. It started with a rock. That is cool. Rock and roll!
> Other than a BB or pellet gun I have never fired a gun. I have nothing against
> them. But back when I drank I didn't want one around. It was easy because
> I was not a big gun freak to begin with. I carried a small lead club back when
> I'd walk home late nights after parking the cab. It weighed 15 ounces. That is
> heavy. I never used it. Even if I got into it with somebody, which is rare cause I'm so
> diplomatic and cool, I'd probably forget I had it on me. Anyway, one day a guy
> asked me "Why the club, what's wrong with a gun?" I told him he was right,
> a gun is superior, no doubt about it, but I keep the club instead because I know
> if I get drunk I'm not going to play around and beat myself to death with it. I
> am probably pro gun - but would never get actively involved in the 'debate' which
> like all issues is designed for the express purpose of getting out the vote no
> matter which way it goes. But yes I certainly would love to see record breaking
> non gun mass killings, you betcha.

Hitler did it with gas. Is that who you want to be equated with?

Re: Da News

<45b735e4-169f-40e4-8b49-04ae037fc330n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9857&group=alt.life.sucks#9857

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 14:36:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 14 Jun 2022 21:36 UTC

judith latham wrote:

> Hitler did it with gas. Is that who you want to be equated with?

I do not care what Hitler did or did not do. Why this never-ending
preoccupation with icons from the past? Sure, Hitler had his time -
he might be the all time king when it comes to 'holocaustism' - but
it ain't over yet baby. Hitler had his day and now I say it's time to
move over Pops. Time to move over and let the new boys in. But
then along come more and more people like you who won't let Hitler
die. You want to keep Adolf and alive along with the rest such as
Anne Frank and the Schindler's List guy, using the greatness of
Adolf to create off spring heroes for your side. That's not fair.