The worst is enemy of the bad.

interests / alt.life.sucks / Re: Butchered Hair Syndrome

SubjectAuthor
* Butchered Hair SyndromeThomas Joseph
`* Butchered Hair SyndromeOllieNorthie@aol.com
 +- Butchered Hair SyndromeThomas Joseph
 `* Butchered Hair SyndromeThomas Joseph
  `* Butchered Hair SyndromeOllieNorthie@aol.com
   +- Butchered Hair SyndromeThomas Joseph
   `- Butchered Hair SyndromeThomas Joseph

1
Butchered Hair Syndrome

<91370076-07ce-4742-afc2-7d8bbcc4271dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9829&group=alt.life.sucks#9829

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 13:06:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Butchered Hair Syndrome
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 20:06 UTC

Butchered Hair Syndrome

I spend a lot of time looking in the mirror.  Lately I don't like what I see. I'm referring to a recent haircut.  It sucks.  It's a crewcut.  I decided to go with that style because it's easy to maintain.  No work involved.  But this haircut sucks.  It's a bad haircut.  I've been to this barber six times now and every time I come away with a lousy haircut - lousy each time in an incredibly new
and different way.

I'm standing in front of the mirror and I'm pissed, really steamed thinking about this barber and what an asshole he is. I'm cursing him out. Then suddenly it hits me, it's not his fault.   He's just a lousy barber. So, now I'm wondering why I keep going back to this guy when he butchers my hair every time?

And now as I stand before the mirror I am able to see beyond the haircut. I'm able to see deep into my face.  I see a weak and pitiful face.  I see a crybaby. And with no prompting of any sort, not that I recall, I start thinking about the so-called battered wife syndrome, and I realize this is the same thing, that just like a woman who can’t leave an abusive spouse I can’t leave my barber. That's what it is, man! I know it now. I am suffering from butchered hair syndrome.

Ok, so maybe a bit of butchered hair isn't the same as a battered face, but I'm telling you, there is a definite connection, or I wouldn't have thought of it. Yeah sure, the poor battered woman keeps going back to the big swinging fist - but how about me?  I keep going back to a guy who butchers my hair every time. I realize now, staring into the mirror, that it's all about change.  Yeah, that’s what it is - change.

Women keep thinking they can change a guy and I keep thinking I’m going to change my barber. But it’s not going to happen.. The guy is simply a lousy barber and I am simply an idiot for paying him to cut my hair.

I'm sick of the excuses.  That's it.  I'm going find a new barber..  It won't be easy. It never is.  But I can do it.  And if I can do that, so too can crybaby women find guys who won't use them for a punching bag.  If I can't find a good barber, so what!  I'll let my hair grow out all the way and never cut it again.  Or just shave it down once a year or so.  I don't need a barber for that.

So let's quit griping and get on with life.  I'm tired of battered women complaining all the time.  A good barber is just as hard to find as a good husband.  Judging from the looks of my hair lately, maybe even harder.

Re: Butchered Hair Syndrome

<76183ace-5afa-407a-a861-beac6d25b9bdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9830&group=alt.life.sucks#9830

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 15:06:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Butchered Hair Syndrome
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 22:06 UTC

On Friday, June 10, 2022 at 4:06:17 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> Butchered Hair Syndrome
>
> I spend a lot of time looking in the mirror. Lately I don't like what I see. I'm referring to a recent haircut. It sucks. It's a crewcut. I decided to go with that style because it's easy to maintain. No work involved. But this haircut sucks. It's a bad haircut. I've been to this barber six times now and every time I come away with a lousy haircut - lousy each time in an incredibly new
> and different way.
>
> I'm standing in front of the mirror and I'm pissed, really steamed thinking about this barber and what an asshole he is. I'm cursing him out. Then suddenly it hits me, it's not his fault. He's just a lousy barber. So, now I'm wondering why I keep going back to this guy when he butchers my hair every time?
>
> And now as I stand before the mirror I am able to see beyond the haircut. I'm able to see deep into my face. I see a weak and pitiful face. I see a crybaby. And with no prompting of any sort, not that I recall, I start thinking about the so-called battered wife syndrome, and I realize this is the same thing, that just like a woman who can’t leave an abusive spouse I can’t leave my barber. That's what it is, man! I know it now. I am suffering from butchered hair syndrome.
>
> Ok, so maybe a bit of butchered hair isn't the same as a battered face, but I'm telling you, there is a definite connection, or I wouldn't have thought of it. Yeah sure, the poor battered woman keeps going back to the big swinging fist - but how about me? I keep going back to a guy who butchers my hair every time. I realize now, staring into the mirror, that it's all about change. Yeah, that’s what it is - change.
>
> Women keep thinking they can change a guy and I keep thinking I’m going to change my barber. But it’s not going to happen. The guy is simply a lousy barber and I am simply an idiot for paying him to cut my hair.
>
> I'm sick of the excuses. That's it. I'm going find a new barber. It won't be easy. It never is. But I can do it. And if I can do that, so too can crybaby women find guys who won't use them for a punching bag. If I can't find a good barber, so what! I'll let my hair grow out all the way and never cut it again. Or just shave it down once a year or so. I don't need a barber for that.
>
> So let's quit griping and get on with life. I'm tired of battered women complaining all the time. A good barber is just as hard to find as a good husband. Judging from the looks of my hair lately, maybe even harder.

I have had no haircut since Covid began. It is now long. I am a hippie daddy-o. No barber - good or bad - for me.

Re: Butchered Hair Syndrome

<bcda0895-136a-4e30-a03d-7b28daad556an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9837&group=alt.life.sucks#9837

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 22:01:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 05:01 UTC

OllieN...@aol.com wrote:

> I have had no haircut since Covid began. It is now long. I am a hippie daddy-o. No barber - good or bad - for me.

I haven't used a brush or comb in years. I get my head buzzed to the scalp and let it grow till I can't take it anymore. I went in today for the buzz. Also a beard trim to the same length - using the half guard measurement on the clippers. I love the way it feels. Could use a little sun on the scalp. Got some today but it was after 5pm. I love hitting the shower with no hair. In and out - boom boom. Something is missing though - a swastika etched into my forehead Manson style.

Free Krenwinkle now!

Re: Butchered Hair Syndrome

<17fd7eea-b3e4-4e44-a11c-9265096b6ff4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9838&group=alt.life.sucks#9838

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 22:09:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 05:09 UTC

OllieN...@aol.com wrote:

> I have had no haircut since Covid began. It is now long. I am a hippie daddy-o. No barber - good or bad - for me.

When you go to the barber only once or twice a year it's a luxury of sorts. I look forward to it. The negative to it is that today barbers are so good they can get you in and out of the chair in 5 minutes. I like when it takes longer. I swear to God, one time in L.A. I went to a guy and asked for a close crop. He called it 'high and tight'. He knew I drove a cab, so when he went to work on the back of my head, the line by the neck, you used to always say, "This is your focal point", meaning that's what
people see in the cab. I liked going to the guy. But one time he was using the buzzer near my ears and it felt good. A real buzz. I felt like going to sleep. "Take off a little more", I said, not really caring what it looked like, just the way it felt. Like getting a massage. I should have offered him more money for a pretend cut where he has the clippers on but set in such a way that they don't remove any more hair. Just a massage, buzz style. I am a lousy sleeper. But when I get a nice
s-l-o-w buzz cut it relaxes me big time and I feel like I can go to sleep in that chair. What a way to
commit suicide. Go to a hitman barber and ask for the sedating buzz cut. Then just when you're about to fade into a deep dream, or after you already have, the hitman barber grabs his razor and slices clean through your throat.

The barber of Seville
It's kill kill kill
Oh my what a thrill
When the buzz is on the bill

Re: Butchered Hair Syndrome

<15ae5ac0-635c-4a61-a17b-db714133d080n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9846&group=alt.life.sucks#9846

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 15:01:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 22:01 UTC

On Saturday, June 11, 2022 at 1:09:58 AM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> OllieN...@aol.com wrote:
>
> > I have had no haircut since Covid began. It is now long. I am a hippie daddy-o. No barber - good or bad - for me.
> When you go to the barber only once or twice a year it's a luxury of sorts. I look forward to it. The negative to it is that today barbers are so good they can get you in and out of the chair in 5 minutes. I like when it takes longer. I swear to God, one time in L.A. I went to a guy and asked for a close crop. He called it 'high and tight'. He knew I drove a cab, so when he went to work on the back of my head, the line by the neck, you used to always say, "This is your focal point", meaning that's what
> people see in the cab. I liked going to the guy. But one time he was using the buzzer near my ears and it felt good. A real buzz. I felt like going to sleep. "Take off a little more", I said, not really caring what it looked like, just the way it felt. Like getting a massage. I should have offered him more money for a pretend cut where he has the clippers on but set in such a way that they don't remove any more hair. Just a massage, buzz style. I am a lousy sleeper. But when I get a nice
> s-l-o-w buzz cut it relaxes me big time and I feel like I can go to sleep in that chair. What a way to
> commit suicide. Go to a hitman barber and ask for the sedating buzz cut. Then just when you're about to fade into a deep dream, or after you already have, the hitman barber grabs his razor and slices clean through your throat.
>
> The barber of Seville
> It's kill kill kill
> Oh my what a thrill
> When the buzz is on the bill

Barbers seem to survive in spite of trends. Even women now want to be men but are they man enough to go to a barber?

Re: Butchered Hair Syndrome

<b7c8922c-04d1-4e21-bc1f-7fad7ca4e1bbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9847&group=alt.life.sucks#9847

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 18:00:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 01:00 UTC

OllieN...@aol.com wrote:

> Barbers seem to survive in spite of trends. Even women now want to be men but are they man enough to go to a barber?

Whether they use a barber or they do it themselves, to me a woman hasn't
lived till she gets her hair buzzed. Yes I sometimes judge people on one
thing alone, so strong is my belief in it. I say if a woman has at least not
tried a buzz cut at least once she has no business discussing anything
requiring common sense or honesty. Any male or female who has
never had their head buzzed cannot be trusted in moments of great crisis.

Re: Butchered Hair Syndrome

<5a0d0a48-5a51-4c1b-96a4-3f259ba79fb2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9848&group=alt.life.sucks#9848

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 18:05:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 01:05 UTC

OllieN...@aol.com wrote:

> Barbers seem to survive in spite of trends. Even women now want to be men but are they man enough to go to a barber?

Good point. I thought if the virus went on long enough some people would
learn that a lot of stuff they pay for is not necessary. I felt that might be the
case with the funeral people. But people are flocking back in droves to the
expensive bye-bye parlors. I guess it's true, the test of time is what it's all
about. However, maybe enough time did not go by. A few generations without
the funeral people and maybe they'd be exed out of business. You are right
though. I not only got a buzz cut but also a beard trim to the exact same length.
That was the first time since the virus hit that they let people take their masks
off. I was looking forward to it, the overall balance of the half guard for the
entire head. At the same time I got so used to wearing the mask that when I
removed it so she could use the clippers on my face I made a point of exhaling
strongly any time she spoke.