Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 21:31:24 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Invitation to a show down
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sat, 19 Feb 2022 05:31 UTC

It's easy to start a newsgroup. But going the moderated route is a bit confusing. So maybe you won't be able to get in the new group I've formed. I don't care because I can always create another one. In fact, I can create a new one every day - advertise it here knowing that the real and fake Bozo will come with full intentions of destroying our group - only to then create another one, day after day the creation of a new newsgroup designed for instant obsolescence, then rising like a phoenix from the ashes stronger and more vibrant than ever - Newsgroup Strong!

Please accept my invitation to the "Our Violent World (of Love)" newsgroup. It is not my group. I am the curator. I do not know the url of this group. Just pump the title into the google bar and it brings up a link. I don't care if the invader follows us in. It's just a group and can be easily replaced. I don't like the name I gave it anyway. Naming a newsgroup is not easy. You want to give it a good name but you don't want to get branded. I was thinking about that today when I saw something about COVID and the 'variants' on a gossip mag in the checkout aisle. Funny how people compete with illnesses and so forth. One guy says, "I had COVID", and another guy says, "That's nothing man, I had the Delta Variant", and another guy pipes in, "And that ain't nothing either - I had Omicron." Then another guy says, "I got a new one that doesn't even have a name yet, and I'm telling you I have never felt worse in my life. This is one you don't want." Another guy asks, "How come it doesn't have a name?", and the guy with the new illness says, "Because it's new, I mean like really new, and they're keeping everything on the hush-hush with this one."