From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: rec.humor
Subject: The Bridge
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 14:28:22 -0400
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 18:28 UTC

A man on his Harley was riding along a California beach when suddenly a
cloud appeared over his head and a booming voice of God said, "Because you
have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish". The
biker pulled over and said, "build me a bridge to Hawaii so I can ride over
anytime I want."

God said, "Your request is materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges
for that kind of undertaking, the supports required to reach the bottom of the
ocean and the amount of concrete and steel required. It would exhaust several
natural resources. Take a little more time and think of something that may
possibly help mankind."

The biker thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Ok God, I
wish that I and other men could understand our wives. I want to know
how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent
treatment, what she means when she says, "nothing's wrong", and how can I
make a woman truly happy."

God replied, "Do you want two lanes or four lanes on that bridge?"