Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 20:56:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: U.N. Human-Rights Chief to Step Down, in Wake of China Visit
From: wogwac...@gmail.com (wog wacker)
 by: wog wacker - Sat, 18 Jun 2022 03:56 UTC

On Friday, June 17, 2022 at 6:04:00 AM UTC, David P. wrote:
> U.N. Human-Rights Chief to Step Down, in Wake of China Visit
> By Chun Han Wong, June 13, 2022, WSJ
>
> Researchers and journalists have documented a far-reaching campaign of forced assimilation in Xinjiang, where the Communist Party has imposed policies of involuntary birth control, political indoctrination, mass detention and forced labor on Uyghurs and other minorities.
>
> Ms. Bachelet’s visit was the first to China by a U.N. high commissioner for human rights since 2005, arranged after years of negotiations between the U.N. rights agency and Beijing.
>
> Western politicians and rights watchdogs have questioned the timing and purpose of Ms. Bachelet’s visit, saying she was taken on a stage-managed tour that gave China a propaganda coup while yielding few meaningful insights into the situation in Xinjiang. Beijing described Ms. Bachelet’s trip as a success, saying it validated China’s efforts in improving the lives of its people and safeguarding their human rights.
>
> https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-n-human-rights-chief-suggests-shes-bowing-out-in-wake-of-china-visit-11655124042

The world should respect her for that. She knows that to keep her job, all she has to do is to make a statement or write a report which fits in with the Western narrative about the Uighurs in China. But she refuses to do that despite mounting pressure. Its not the end yet. She may, like others before her, finally succumb to insurmountable pressure and lie to the world in order to keep her job. This is the so called "Rules-based International Order" we are living in.

Re: U.N. Human-Rights Chief to Step Down, in Wake of China Visit

<180c983f-3c2d-4b52-9172-d8700e915457n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9771&group=soc.culture.china#9771

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 05:49:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 18 Jun 2022 12:49 UTC

On Friday, June 17, 2022 at 11:56:38 PM UTC-4, wog wacker wrote:
> On Friday, June 17, 2022 at 6:04:00 AM UTC, David P. wrote:
> > U.N. Human-Rights Chief to Step Down, in Wake of China Visit
> > By Chun Han Wong, June 13, 2022, WSJ
> >
> > Researchers and journalists have documented a far-reaching campaign of forced assimilation in Xinjiang, where the Communist Party has imposed policies of involuntary birth control, political indoctrination, mass detention and forced labor on Uyghurs and other minorities.
> >
> > Ms. Bachelet’s visit was the first to China by a U.N. high commissioner for human rights since 2005, arranged after years of negotiations between the U.N. rights agency and Beijing.
> >
> > Western politicians and rights watchdogs have questioned the timing and purpose of Ms. Bachelet’s visit, saying she was taken on a stage-managed tour that gave China a propaganda coup while yielding few meaningful insights into the situation in Xinjiang. Beijing described Ms. Bachelet’s trip as a success, saying it validated China’s efforts in improving the lives of its people and safeguarding their human rights.
> >
> > https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-n-human-rights-chief-suggests-shes-bowing-out-in-wake-of-china-visit-11655124042
> The world should respect her for that. She knows that to keep her job, all she has to do is to make a statement or write a report which fits in with the Western narrative about the Uighurs in China. But she refuses to do that despite mounting pressure. Its not the end yet. She may, like others before her, finally succumb to insurmountable pressure and lie to the world in order to keep her job. This is the so called "Rules-based International Order" we are living in.

America is well known for its racial bias. Shooting minorities to death and hate crimes are ongoing.
IF she had a choice of where to examine, she would probably pick the US. Sadly, human right is
politicized. And her office is at present only a tool. She knew that the accusations are groundless.
And her realist and factual approach would not please some powerful nations.. Hence she decided
not a seek another term.

She fulfills her responsibility by performing the task she asked to do. She is faithful to herself by
telling the truth on what she actually saw and heard. People could accuse her. But 清者自清。

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: U.N. Human-Rights Chief to Step Down, in Wake of China Visit