Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 08:33:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: U.N. Human-Rights Chief to Step Down, in Wake of China Visit
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Fri, 17 Jun 2022 15:33 UTC

On Friday, June 17, 2022 at 2:04:00 PM UTC+8, David P. wrote:
> U.N. Human-Rights Chief to Step Down, in Wake of China Visit
> By Chun Han Wong, June 13, 2022, WSJ
>
> Researchers and journalists have documented a far-reaching campaign of forced assimilation in Xinjiang, where the Communist Party has imposed policies of involuntary birth control, political indoctrination, mass detention and forced labor on Uyghurs and other minorities.
>
> Ms. Bachelet’s visit was the first to China by a U.N. high commissioner for human rights since 2005, arranged after years of negotiations between the U.N. rights agency and Beijing.
>
> Western politicians and rights watchdogs have questioned the timing and purpose of Ms. Bachelet’s visit, saying she was taken on a stage-managed tour that gave China a propaganda coup while yielding few meaningful insights into the situation in Xinjiang. Beijing described Ms. Bachelet’s trip as a success, saying it validated China’s efforts in improving the lives of its people and safeguarding their human rights.
>
> https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-n-human-rights-chief-suggests-shes-bowing-out-in-wake-of-china-visit-11655124042

With her entourage tagged along also, she has seen herself the people under management are undergoing national education system of studies and also undergoing vocational education comprising hands-on training and practicing of vocational skills. These education programs are similar to those in first world and advanced countries too. So she did not detect any form of forced-labor or other Western-cooked up reasons. Any Western critics should go to a small wealthy country to see how their prisoners are the choice to choose what they want to do and be. All prisoners are given vocations and graded too.