"When anyone says `theoretically,' they really mean `not really.'" -- David Parnas

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: US, China, Asia-Pacific

SubjectAuthor
* US, China, Asia-Pacificgerard jud
+* Re: US, China, Asia-Pacificltlee1
|`* Re: US, China, Asia-Pacificgerard jud
| +- Re: US, China, Asia-Pacificltlee1
| `* Re: US, China, Asia-Pacificpaul polikos
|  `- Re: US, China, Asia-Pacificltlee1
`* Re: US, China, Asia-Pacificgerard jud
 `- Re: US, China, Asia-Pacificltlee1

1
US, China, Asia-Pacific

<5743a18e-910c-4356-af8a-256ef5a9872fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9519&group=soc.culture.china#9519

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 23:29:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: US, China, Asia-Pacific
From: gerard...@gmail.com (gerard jud)
 by: gerard jud - Tue, 24 May 2022 06:29 UTC

The US Biden Administration is using its narrative of the Russia-Ukraine war to move against China in Asia-Pacific.

It is speeding up the alliance such as QUAD and forming new alliance such as IPEF against China.

It is using the narrative of the war to convince Asians that there are similarities between Russia vs Europe and China vs Asia-Pacific. In the case of Taiwan, it is engaging in scare-mongering, saying that the Russian “invasion” of Ukraine will lead to a Chinese “invasion” of Taiwan. This is all rubbish, typical American bullshit.

The true narrative of the Russia-Ukraine war is simply this:
Ukraine has allowed itself to be used as a pawn by the US to move against its bigger and more powerful neighbor Russia to the extend that it is threatening the security of Russia.

The lesson from Ukraine for the Asia-Pacific nations is simply this:
Do not allow yourself to be used by the US as a pawn to move against China to the extend that you threaten the security of China.

The lesson applies most appropriately to the Chinese island province of Taiwan. Specifically, Taiwan should not attempt to separate from China at the behest of the US.

By now, the whole world knows that the US is afflicted with Sinophobia much worse than it is with the COVID-19 virus. It is completely possessed by the Spirit of a Rising China. It shivers and convulses at the sight of a rising China.

As part of its world strategy, the US has always wanted to turn the Asia-Pacific into a region of anti-China. Should Asia-Pacific nations gang up with the US to thwart the rise of China? What gain would they make out of this? It would make more sense for them to work with China. Despite this, the US is hell bent on forming alliances in the Asia-Pacific against China. This holds true across different US political parties and Presidents.

While Donald Dotard Dumb Trump used trade as weapons against China, Senile Sleepy Joe Biden goes for ideology using democracy, freedom and human rights.

Visiting the Asia-Pacific now, with his unsteady gait, sleepy look and slurring speeches, he is attempting to coax Asia-Pacific nations to make China their common enemy. Making it easy for the US is that each Asia-Pacific nation has its own national interest to serve. Where a nation’s interest and that of the US are mutually beneficial, that nation will align with the US against China.

Senile and Sleepy Joe is presiding over the first Summit Meeting of QUAD, an anti-China alliance of US and its dogs, namely, Australia, Japan and India. Take a closer look at the Dogs of the QUAD.

Australia considers itself the White bastion of Asia-Pacific. An ex-British colony which is supposedly an independent nation, it still swear allegiance to the British Monarch. It lives with the constant phobia of being invaded by the “Asian Hordes from the North”. For this reason, it will align itself with any Western power against China.

After its defeat in WW2, Japan abandoned its militarist past and swore to be a nation of pacifists striving for peace. The Americans are changing all these. Obsessed with the Chinese threat, the Americans want Japan to be another nation to counter the rise of China. It is encouraging the Japs to remilitarise.
The Japan are most happy to oblige. It has rewritten its Constitution to allow it to engage in wars again. It has ambition to restore the historical glory of its Imperial past. The Japanese national spirit has not changed much since WW2. It still salutes the same flag, retains its Imperial System, pray by the national religion of Shintoism with the belief that Japanese is a superior race of people whose Emperor is the descendant of the Sun God.
Under American auspices, the revival of Japanese imperialism is going full steam ahead.
The remilitarisation of Japan will threaten the two Koreas which were colonised by Japan and suffered atrocious Japanese rule before and during WW2. So too the nations of Asean.
Japan has a hidden desire to rule over Taiwan again, just as it has done for 50 years before WW2. It has declared that it is ready to defend Taiwan against China, i.e., it is ready to attack China again, as it had done before and during WW2.

As if these two are not bad enough, there’s still India. India is the US favorite counterweight against China. It has a huge population, is a nuclear power and has territorial dispute with China in the Himalayan region. India is that dark force that the US has led into the Asia-Pacific. It may be farthest away from the Pacific and has no coastline along the Ocean, yet those damned Americans have coined a term Indo-Pacific to include it into the Pacific.

India laps it all up. Before US’s embrace, India is a poorly governed state without much to show the world except an ever increasing population. Because of its uncontrolled population growth, India has no choice but to seek territorial expansion. It has its eyes on its neighboring states. It has swallowed Sikkim and more recently, Jammu-Kashmir. It is looking towards the Asia-Pacific, especially South-east Asia, for further expansion. The American embrace has come at an opportune time for the Indians. It is working towards a Hindu Empire.

In its blind pursuit to create enemies for China, the US is creating grave threats for itself and smaller nations of the Asia-Pacific. It is undermining the peace and stability of the region.

The leaders of nations in Asia-Pacific should think carefully. Among the QUAD members, the US and India are far from the Pacific. If the Asia-Pacific were to become a theatre of war, both would be least affected. Much of the deaths and destruction will be borne by Asia-Pacific nations around East Asia.

“Ukraine Today, Taiwan Tomorrow” is a catchy slogan which has been interpreted to the advantages of various parties according to their own interests. The Americans are using it to frighten the Taiwanese to rush for Independence and prepare its allies to come to the defence of the island.
Sloganism aside, the reality is this. If the island province of China were to be fooled by the US to fight for Independence from China, the island and its people will suffer a fate much worse than what the Ukrainians are experiencing right now. That would not be the end. When the dust is settled, and if the American-and-allies were victorious, the Americans will turn Taiwan over to the Japs, as it had done to the Ryukyu. Under Japs rule again, the islanders will face forced assimilation, genocide, mass migration of Japs until the island is thoroughly Japanese. Taiwan will become extinct, no more on the world map. In its place will be another Prefecture of Japan, perhaps named “Taikyo”.

Instead of going around the world creating troubles for China, the US should spend more effort to keep its own house in order, be a nation that others can look up to. It’s not the case now. Look at the US today. An old and senile President, over a million dead from the COVID-19 pandemic, high rate of violent crimes with people being shot dead almost on a daily basis, massive drug addictions among the population, massive number of homeless living out on the streets, violent racial clashes, high inflation...it’s an endless list.

Will leaders of the Asia-Pacific be fooled by a senile, incapable leader like Joe Biden? Only fools will believe in such an incapable national leader who will most likely not be in power anymore come 2015.

Re: US, China, Asia-Pacific

<086ad5e2-be8a-47bb-9d22-8cec2be55136n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9520&group=soc.culture.china#9520

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 07:17:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: US, China, Asia-Pacific
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 24 May 2022 14:17 UTC

On Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 2:29:51 AM UTC-4, gera...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
>

> Instead of going around the world creating troubles for China, the US should spend more effort to keep its own house in order, be a nation that others can look up to. It’s not the case now. Look at the US today. An old and senile President, over a million dead from the COVID-19 pandemic, high rate of violent crimes with people being shot dead almost on a daily basis, massive drug addictions among the population, massive number of homeless living out on the streets, violent racial clashes, high inflation...it’s an endless list.
>

> Will leaders of the Asia-Pacific be fooled by a senile, incapable leader like Joe Biden? Only fools will believe in such an incapable national leader who will most likely not be in power anymore come 2015.

Mostly agree.
But I don't think Joe Biden is as senile and incapable as many have depicted. Certainly a lot of gaffes.
(Australian Skynews loves to show these senile moments.) Older brains are more forgetful brains.
Older brains are often better pattern recognition and more nuanced brains. All senile brains are old brains.
But old brains are not necessarily senile brains.

Latest instance:
https://www.wsj.com/podcasts/opinion-potomac-watch/did-joe-biden-commit-another-gaffe-over-defending-taiwan/9c902a00-df58-4529-9812-80b47dc824b8

"Speaker 4: Are you willing to get involved militarily to defend Taiwan if it comes to that?
President Joe Biden : Yes.
Speaker 4: You are?
President Joe Biden : That's the commitment we made. That's the commitment we made. We are not ...
Look, here's the situation. We agree with the One China policy. We've signed onto it and all the attendant
agreements made from there. But the idea that it can be taken by force, just taken by force, is just not
appropriate. It'll dislocate the entire region and be another action similar to what happened in Ukraine.
And so it's a burden that is even stronger."

His answers were cogent and appropriate for the occasion.

Re: US, China, Asia-Pacific

<b47ba5bf-ecbf-404b-867d-44e500971775n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9529&group=soc.culture.china#9529

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 02:44:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: gerard...@gmail.com (gerard jud)
 by: gerard jud - Wed, 25 May 2022 09:44 UTC

On Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 6:29:51 AM UTC, gerard jud wrote:
> [...]
>

> Instead of going around the world creating troubles for China, the US should spend more effort to keep its own house in order, be a nation that others can look up to. It’s not the case now. Look at the US today. An old and senile President, over a million dead from the COVID-19 pandemic, high rate of violent crimes with people being shot dead almost on a daily basis, massive drug addictions among the population, massive number of homeless living out on the streets, violent racial clashes, high inflation...it’s an endless list.
>

> Will leaders of the Asia-Pacific be fooled by a senile, incapable leader like Joe Biden? Only fools will believe in such an incapable national leader who will most likely not be in power anymore come 2015.

First, a correction: Should be 2025, not 2015.

Now, look at the latest shooting incident in the US. Children being killed in school.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61573377

Look at some of the school shooting incidents from the past.

https://apnews.com/article/list-of-deadliest-us-school-shootings-f25dad31e68c8acbdbcb952352df9249

Is this what democracy, freedom and human rights is about? Children going to school have to face the risk of being killed. What kind of a country is this? How can its leader still has the gall to go around the world preaching to others?

With his country in such dire state, Senile Sleepy Joe would do better to stay home and fix its domestic problem instead of going around the world to form alliances against China.

That’s the trouble with the US. Its governance has been deteriorating over the decades. Its politicians are aware of this but can’t fix it. As a diversionary tactic, they create external enemies for the US to draw Americans’ attention away from their nation’s internal problems.

Re: US, China, Asia-Pacific

<de03906a-15bf-456f-b43c-6937bc59ff94n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9530&group=soc.culture.china#9530

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 03:02:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: gerard...@gmail.com (gerard jud)
 by: gerard jud - Wed, 25 May 2022 10:02 UTC

On Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 2:17:24 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> [...]
>
> Latest instance:
> https://www.wsj.com/podcasts/opinion-potomac-watch/did-joe-biden-commit-another-gaffe-over-defending-taiwan/9c902a00-df58-4529-9812-80b47dc824b8
>
> "Speaker 4: Are you willing to get involved militarily to defend Taiwan if it comes to that?
> President Joe Biden : Yes.
> Speaker 4: You are?
> President Joe Biden : That's the commitment we made. That's the commitment we made. We are not ...
> Look, here's the situation. We agree with the One China policy. We've signed onto it and all the attendant
> agreements made from there. But the idea that it can be taken by force, just taken by force, is just not
> appropriate. It'll dislocate the entire region and be another action similar to what happened in Ukraine.
> And so it's a burden that is even stronger."
>
> His answers were cogent and appropriate for the occasion.

"His answers were cogent and appropriate for the occasion. " Agree. And no slur. But undiplomatic. This was followed by several walkbacks by State Dept.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: US, China, Asia-Pacific

<264a0a20-562a-402b-bbe1-610e525b29b2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9531&group=soc.culture.china#9531

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 03:33:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Wed, 25 May 2022 10:33 UTC

On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 6:02:28 AM UTC-4, gera...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > "Speaker 4: Are you willing to get involved militarily to defend Taiwan if it comes to that?
> > President Joe Biden : Yes.
> > Speaker 4: You are?
> > President Joe Biden : That's the commitment we made. That's the commitment we made. We are not ...
> > Look, here's the situation. We agree with the One China policy. We've signed onto it and all the attendant
> > agreements made from there. But the idea that it can be taken by force, just taken by force, is just not
> > appropriate. It'll dislocate the entire region and be another action similar to what happened in Ukraine.
> > And so it's a burden that is even stronger."
> >
> > His answers were cogent and appropriate for the occasion.
> "His answers were cogent and appropriate for the occasion. " Agree. And no slur. But undiplomatic. This was
followed by several walkbacks by State Dept.

<05d86620-8959-4adf-b33b-6900985230bfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9532&group=soc.culture.china#9532

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 03:38:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Wed, 25 May 2022 10:38 UTC

On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 5:44:34 AM UTC-4, gera...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> Look at some of the school shooting incidents from the past.
>
> https://apnews.com/article/list-of-deadliest-us-school-shootings-f25dad31e68c8acbdbcb952352df9249
>
> Is this what democracy, freedom and human rights is about? Children going to school have to face the risk of being killed. What kind of a country is this? How can its leader still has the gall to go around the world preaching to others?
>
> With his country in such dire state, Senile Sleepy Joe would do better to stay home and fix its domestic problem instead of going around the world to form alliances against China.

> That’s the trouble with the US. Its governance has been deteriorating over the decades. Its politicians are aware of this but can’t fix it. As a diversionary tactic, they create external enemies for the US to draw Americans’ attention away from their nation’s internal problems.

You get this right. The more the US is in trouble domestically, the more it needs a diversion.

Re: US, China, Asia-Pacific

<2327a06b-9e6b-47ee-bdd9-c56c027e0a0an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9535&group=soc.culture.china#9535

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 06:18:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: paulpoli...@gmail.com (paul polikos)
 by: paul polikos - Wed, 25 May 2022 13:18 UTC

<cdbc32ba-12fa-4b66-bb17-f7d47d69d392n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9536&group=soc.culture.china#9536

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china