From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: rec.humor
Subject: Fool's Statement
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 14:33:59 -0400
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 18:33 UTC

The village fool made a statement criticizing the king.

When the king found out, he was very offended and he summoned the fool.

The king said to the fool, your statement about me is punishable by death,
but because you have been faithful to me for a long time, I will allow you
to choose the method of your death.

The fool thought for a moment and said, I want to die of old age.