Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 08:30:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener remotes
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 15:30 UTC

On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 9:01:18 PM UTC-4, Laura wrote:
> Remotes (handheld and car unit) both work standing under the opener and from about 2 houses away on either side, but not from my driveway or from in front of my house. Just started about a month ago. Nothing changed in my house and antenna is not obstructed. Any clues how to figure out where interference point is and what to do about it?
>
> --
> For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/craftsman-1-2-hp-garage-door-opener-remotes-3156681-.htm

Very strange. I'm surprised they work two houses away at all. I would cycle the
power on both the unit and the remotes as an easy thing to try, but given the
symptoms, it doesn't sound likely to work.

You could turn off power to everything else in your house at the breaker panel,
that would eliminate most other electronics in the house. Beyond that,
IDK, may require a new opener.

Re: Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener remotes

<rnoekg9egmvkbiivgpso2o67n3dugqgrhl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9150&group=alt.home.repair#9150

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 12:20:50 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 16:20 UTC

On Sun, 19 Sep 2021 08:30:24 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
<trader4@optonline.net> wrote:

>On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 9:01:18 PM UTC-4, Laura wrote:
>> Remotes (handheld and car unit) both work standing under the opener and from about 2 houses away on either side, but not from my driveway or from in front of my house. Just started about a month ago. Nothing changed in my house and antenna is not obstructed. Any clues how to figure out where interference point is and what to do about it?
>>
>> --
>> For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/craftsman-1-2-hp-garage-door-opener-remotes-3156681-.htm
>
>Very strange. I'm surprised they work two houses away at all. I would cycle the
>power on both the unit and the remotes as an easy thing to try, but given the
>symptoms, it doesn't sound likely to work.
>
>You could turn off power to everything else in your house at the breaker panel,
>that would eliminate most other electronics in the house. Beyond that,
>IDK, may require a new opener.

They do sell the RF unit as a stand alone device. I use one for my MP3
player. Connect it to the button terminals

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener remotes