Newsgroups: soc.culture.laos
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 08:07:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Voicing Concerns About Laotian New Year (Summer Time Celebration)
From: suli...@gmail.com (Sulilec @Email.com)
 by: Sulilec @Email.com - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 15:07 UTC

Dear Social Culture Laos forum at WWW.GOOGLE.COM and all:
As far as I know, I came to the East Coast of United States and was one of Laotian temples frequent participators along with my family and others. Now that it is year 2023, as far as the Laotian New Year goes, I think we the Laotians (and other participators) are celebrating the summer time of the year. Most importantly, it is for the blooming of plumeria flowers (ດອກຈໍາປາບານ) the indication of the summer flower blooms. I myself believe in the botanical gardens where plants blooms all year round. it is just a matter of you, me, and all of us to look into what plants are to bloom. My point is, the Laotian new year is in the celebaration of the peak of the hotest month. So it is about July. July is the hotest month of the year that I was taught and came to know and experience. As indicated on the calendar every year that it is about the 15th to the 21st of July that seemed to be the most high in temperature. I also do notice that the plumeria blooms in the conservatory building in the summer months here. For this reason, Laotian new year is truly in the month of July. I do believe.

For those who know and agree to my voicing here (even not agree), please make suggestion. For truly, April is still cold in North America for me.

Sulilec