It is better to kiss an avocado than to get in a fight with an aardvark.

interests / alt.life.sucks / Public Suicide Suggestion Box

SubjectAuthor
* Public Suicide Suggestion BoxThomas Joseph
`* Public Suicide Suggestion BoxJudith Latham
 `* Public Suicide Suggestion BoxThomas Joseph
  `* Public Suicide Suggestion BoxJudith Latham
   `- Public Suicide Suggestion BoxThomas Joseph

1
Public Suicide Suggestion Box

<bec0b9ae-f2af-4ba6-9b30-60dacc2d49ben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9070&group=alt.life.sucks#9070

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 12:49:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Public Suicide Suggestion Box
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 20:49 UTC

In an effort to prolong my life I am asking people across the country to send suggestions for ways for me to commit public suicide. The chosen method (or methods), will be used with the suicide taped and shown on national TV, of course. That’s the whole point. It might take a decade or more to get a good cross section of decent suggestions. I will be dipping into the suggestion pool and paying good money to trusted receptionists to go through incoming suggestions, sending along only those they figure I am like ely to find interesting. This is a win-win for everybody.

The person sending in the winning suggestion will get half the take (after the suicide of course). The take will be comprised of however many $1.00 entry fees we get. The incoming cash will keep me living high on the hog while waiting to die. But to you, because you are my friend, I confess this now: I will never commit suicide.

At the same time I would not mind having my last moments on earth video tape and shown on national TV. I don’t mean the very last minute where I’m in a coma or slipping in and out of consciousness. I’m talking about when a person knows it for sure. Pure instinct, the real deal: “Uh oh, here it comes, I can feel it - I can tell it's going to happen within days." But I am still strong enough to deliver a good last minute sermon to my viewership. To look into that camera and talk the talk AND walk the walk with the sort of truth found only in those final moments when nothing matters anymore, to just let it out - know what I mean?

By the way I’m tired of talking about myself all the time. I'm sick of "I", "I", "I", all the time. Let's go with "YOU" instead: You know you’re going to die so you confess your sins on public TV to the whole world just for the fun of it, a great joyful cathartic moment - only to discover a cure for your ailment has just been discovered giving you another 20 or 30 years of life consisting mostly of you paying large cash sums to bodyguards and other security personnel to keep your fans from killing you for breaking your promise to kill yourself.

When it comes to dying I am tired of talking about myself. I want to talk about you for a change.

YOU will die soon. Soon is an interesting word too. So relative. But it doesn't matter. We've got slo-mo, we've got fast-forward, we've got it all, and time means nothing. Take your time dying, that’s fine - we’ll speed up the tape to get to the good parts - then slow down the final or most entertaining moments for deep focused fulfillment.

Re: Public Suicide Suggestion Box

<su6jj0$9ml$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9324&group=alt.life.sucks#9324

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Subject: Re: Public Suicide Suggestion Box
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 16:14:07 -0500
 by: Judith Latham - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 21:14 UTC

On 2/9/2022 3:49 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:
> In an effort to prolong my life I am asking people across the country to send suggestions for ways for me to commit public suicide. The chosen method (or methods), will be used with the suicide taped and shown on national TV, of course. That’s the whole point. It might take a decade or more to get a good cross section of decent suggestions. I will be dipping into the suggestion pool and paying good money to trusted receptionists to go through incoming suggestions, sending along only those they figure I am like ely to find interesting. This is a win-win for everybody.
>
> The person sending in the winning suggestion will get half the take (after the suicide of course). The take will be comprised of however many $1.00 entry fees we get. The incoming cash will keep me living high on the hog while waiting to die. But to you, because you are my friend, I confess this now: I will never commit suicide.
>
> At the same time I would not mind having my last moments on earth video tape and shown on national TV. I don’t mean the very last minute where I’m in a coma or slipping in and out of consciousness. I’m talking about when a person knows it for sure. Pure instinct, the real deal: “Uh oh, here it comes, I can feel it - I can tell it's going to happen within days." But I am still strong enough to deliver a good last minute sermon to my viewership. To look into that camera and talk the talk AND walk the walk with the sort of truth found only in those final moments when nothing matters anymore, to just let it out - know what I mean?
>
> By the way I’m tired of talking about myself all the time. I'm sick of "I", "I", "I", all the time. Let's go with "YOU" instead: You know you’re going to die so you confess your sins on public TV to the whole world just for the fun of it, a great joyful cathartic moment - only to discover a cure for your ailment has just been discovered giving you another 20 or 30 years of life consisting mostly of you paying large cash sums to bodyguards and other security personnel to keep your fans from killing you for breaking your promise to kill yourself.
>
> When it comes to dying I am tired of talking about myself. I want to talk about you for a change.
>
> YOU will die soon. Soon is an interesting word too. So relative. But it doesn't matter. We've got slo-mo, we've got fast-forward, we've got it all, and time means nothing. Take your time dying, that’s fine - we’ll speed up the tape to get to the good parts - then slow down the final or most entertaining moments for deep focused fulfillment.

If you're really serious about the best way to commit a public suicide,
nothing can compare to self immolation. Not only is it great
entertainment for the viewing public, but it also sends a message to
those who care that your intentions are true. Remember those monks who
did it in Vietnam? Of course you do; everybody who saw it does. That's
the kind of lasting impression you want to leave. I'd hate to see you go
(I've become quite fond of you) but if you're going to do it, do it in
style.

Re: Public Suicide Suggestion Box

<bd7bcb8f-561b-40b4-a852-919c9f6b64cen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9325&group=alt.life.sucks#9325

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 14:10:34 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 22:10 UTC

Judith Latham wrote:

> If you're really serious about the best way to commit a public suicide,
> nothing can compare to self immolation. Not only is it great
> entertainment for the viewing public, but it also sends a message to
> those who care that your intentions are true. Remember those monks who
> did it in Vietnam? Of course you do; everybody who saw it does. That's
> the kind of lasting impression you want to leave. I'd hate to see you go
> (I've become quite fond of you) but if you're going to do it, do it in style.

If I'm serious? What difference does that make when it comes to entertainment. I want suggestions. To this day I am amazed by the sight of the stoic self immolation people toppling over wordlessly. I often wonder, if not for the flames engulfing their mouths and throats, would they have cried out or would they have endured the crazy wild heat with silent courage? A pretty remarkable way to die. I would not choose it.

However, if I were to choose it I would first consult the advice of physical education teachers and others with knowledge of immolation side effects, then try to get in the best physical shape of my life to be strong enough to not just sit there and burn till I slowly fall over - but in shape enough to run crazy wild through the streets after setting myself ablaze. I would have a heavy metal flame-resistant tape recorder attached to the soles of my feet. As I run toward people they will hear, "Please help me", over and over again as instead of helping, even though some would like to, they turn in the opposite direction to get away from me. Can you imagine someone on fire rushing up to you for help and all they see is you turning and running away screaming, "He's on fire - run for your lives!"

I will never commit suicide. Anyone wanting me dead is going to have to kill me. Or at least try. They will find it not so easy. I want to live, badly. My desire to live is so strong that I believe I could literally take on and defeat the world's entire population - one after the other, not all at once of course. It would have been funny if the monks who did the immolation thing with other monks would have played a long running tape of pre-recorded screams that continue even after they have keeled over and crumbled into ash.

Re: Public Suicide Suggestion Box

<su7ati$dgn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9335&group=alt.life.sucks#9335

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 22:52:16 -0500
 by: Judith Latham - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 03:52 UTC

On 2/11/2022 5:10 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:
> Judith Latham wrote:
>
>> If you're really serious about the best way to commit a public suicide,
>> nothing can compare to self immolation. Not only is it great
>> entertainment for the viewing public, but it also sends a message to
>> those who care that your intentions are true. Remember those monks who
>> did it in Vietnam? Of course you do; everybody who saw it does. That's
>> the kind of lasting impression you want to leave. I'd hate to see you go
>> (I've become quite fond of you) but if you're going to do it, do it in style.
>

> If I'm serious? What difference does that make when it comes to entertainment. I want suggestions. To this day I am amazed by the sight of the stoic self immolation people toppling over wordlessly. I often wonder, if not for the flames engulfing their mouths and throats, would they have cried out or would they have endured the crazy wild heat with silent courage? A pretty remarkable way to die. I would not choose it.
>
> However, if I were to choose it I would first consult the advice of physical education teachers and others with knowledge of immolation side effects, then try to get in the best physical shape of my life to be strong enough to not just sit there and burn till I slowly fall over - but in shape enough to run crazy wild through the streets after setting myself ablaze. I would have a heavy metal flame-resistant tape recorder attached to the soles of my feet. As I run toward people they will hear, "Please help me", over and over again as instead of helping, even though some would like to, they turn in the opposite direction to get away from me. Can you imagine someone on fire rushing up to you for help and all they see is you turning and running away screaming, "He's on fire - run for your lives!"
>
> I will never commit suicide. Anyone wanting me dead is going to have to kill me. Or at least try. They will find it not so easy. I want to live, badly. My desire to live is so strong that I believe I could literally take on and defeat the world's entire population - one after the other, not all at once of course. It would have been funny if the monks who did the immolation thing with other monks would have played a long running tape of pre-recorded screams that continue even after they have keeled over and crumbled into ash.

If they had, it would have been a great addition to the Beatles
'Revolution 9'.

Re: Public Suicide Suggestion Box

<1fbe624a-c334-43dd-9f12-9c4bda4a12dan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9351&group=alt.life.sucks#9351

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 14:40:14 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 22:40 UTC

On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 10:52:19 PM UTC-5, Judith Latham wrote:

> If they had, it would have been a great addition to the Beatles 'Revolution 9'.

Getting back to suicide, I am not the type - not yet. I wouldn't pay anyone to kill me either, but could picture myself in the latter stages of 'want-to-die-ism' purposely pissing people off in the hopes that one will kill me. Sort of like suicide by cop but without the badge. Or the gun. I want to be beaten to death by a group of 10 or 15 grade school kids in wheelchairs, circling me in their chairs and slapping me while I'm tied to a pole.

Me on the May Pole