Moebius strippers never show you their back side.

interests / alt.life.sucks / The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

SubjectAuthor
* The_NYT’s_on_Lincoln_Giving_License_to_RapeJudith Latham
+- _The_NYT’s_on_Lincoln_Giving_License_to_RapeThomas Joseph
`* _The_NYT’s_on_Lincoln_Giving_License_to_RapeThomas Joseph
 `* _The_NYT’s_on_Lincoln_Giving_License_to_RapeOllieNorthie@aol.com
  `* _The_NYT’s_on_Lincoln_Giving_License_to_RapeThomas Joseph
   `* _The_NYT’s_on_Lincoln_Giving_License_to_RapeOllieNorthie@aol.com
    +- _The_NYT’s_on_Lincoln_Giving_License_to_RapeThomas Joseph
    `* _The_NYT’s_on_Lincoln_Giving_License_to_Rapeמין הארץ יהודי ישראלי עב
[...]

Pages:12
The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<s9j7gu$354$1@neodome.net>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=893&group=alt.life.sucks#893

From: jud...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Subject: The_NYT’s_on_Lincoln_Giving_License_to_Rape
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 15:26:20 -0400
 by: Judith Latham - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 19:26 UTC

I’be long been a harsh critic of our 16th president and am always happy
whenever morsels of truth about the true character of Abraham Lincoln
make their way into mainstream media or popular culture. I still
remember watching the movie Gangs of New York years ago and being
floored that this mainstream movie was showing Lincoln’s attacks on
civilians during the draft riots in NYC in 1863.

In Friday’s New York Times, the “Idea of the Day” blog featured another
example of Lincoln’s willingness to commit, or willingness to ignore,
the rampant abuse of innocent civilians. In this case, it isn’t NYC
draft resisters but Southern women. Writes NYT’s blogger Tom Kuntz:

When the topic is sexual violence in wartime, the horrors of the Balkans
and Rwanda typically come to mind — not the American Civil War. But in
the academic journal Daedalus, Crystal N. Feimster begs to differ with
historians who “have accepted without question the idea that Union
soldiers rarely raped southern women, black or white, and have argued
that sexual violence was rare during the Civil War.”

In fact, the University of North Carolina historian writes, “hundreds,
perhaps thousands of women suffered rape” during the war, with many
assaults likely unreported. But her focus is less rape itself than the
threat of sexual predation by northern troops. Did reality match the
fear of assault felt by Scarlett O’Hara in “Gone With the Wind”?
Feimster explores an 1862 order by the Union Gen. Benjamin Butler,
decreeing that any New Orleans woman showing contempt for his occupying
troops “shall be regarded and held liable to be treated as a woman of
the town plying her avocation” — i.e., the city’s outspokenly
Confederate belles were to be treated as prostitutes. Feimster sifts
evidence that the order was a green light for Union soldiers to threaten
sexual violence if not commit rape itself.

After President Abraham Lincoln ignored calls to rescind the order and
it was applied beyond the city, she concludes, its geographical reach
“ensured that the threat of sexual violence and the fear of rape were
common to southern women and central to how they experienced the Civil War.”

https://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/story/the-nyts-on-lincoln-giving-license-to-rape

I understand that Honest Abe had a penchant for anal sex, but I'm unsure
whether his was the passive or aggressive role. Being pro-rape, I'll
assume he preferred to be on top.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<ae2ee6e7-92cd-4414-9229-b0c3123df337n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=894&group=alt.life.sucks#894

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 13:18:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_The_NYT’s_on_Lincoln_Giving_License_to_Rape
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 20:18 UTC

> I understand that Honest Abe had a penchant for anal sex, but I'm unsure
> whether his was the passive or aggressive role. Being pro-rape, I'll
> assume he preferred to be on top.

I don't know as much as you about the Great Emancipator. I do know that he had slaves. They were called servants and all were female. Abe would screw them regularly. When he was finished he said the same thing to every one of them: "You are free to go."

Now, as for the article you copied and pasted above - I gotta tell you I'm as much anti history as you are pro rape. I like history in some forms - the history of the car, the history of the coca cola bottle, you know, non-political stuff. I realize that eventually anything can be made political and usually is. But I don't like going directly into the realm of history as it pertains to politics and wars and so forth. I hate it. I can look in the mirror and get all the history I need. Fuck the so-called educators.. I am an intuitive scientist. I am also an intuitive historian. I look in the mirror and see the past. I look in the mirror and see the future. And it is dim.

But anyway, seriously, I do hate that shit - comparing this president to that, the republican vs democrat thing, all of it makes me sick. I am 73 and proud to say that I have never voted. As for Honest Abe, I am not sure of his sex life, if he had any at all - but I do know that my favorite turds of all time are named after him. They are called Lincoln Logs. Hard, compact, firm, yet slippery smooth, rolling sweet and swift down the inner rails to the yawning poop chute below. Do you remember the old Lincoln Log play sets? Those are the best turds, no doubt, although it is best to be grateful even for the lesser ones we get. Imagine not being able to shit for weeks - your balloon body getting ready to burst right through the walls of your home with your neighbors running in all directions yelling, "Everybody get out, the shit just hit the fan."

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<f8166048-cc7a-4185-8b96-0fb717d17d71n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=895&group=alt.life.sucks#895

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 13:32:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 20:32 UTC

> In Friday’s New York Times, the “Idea of the Day” blog featured another
> example of Lincoln’s willingness to commit, or willingness to ignore,
> the rampant abuse of innocent civilians.

Even though I despise history I know military conscription always existed in this country until only recently. As to why it no longer exists, I can only guess. We now have an all volunteer force of mostly misfits and psychos. We have airplanes. And we don't start shit with powerful countries. So for now the volunteers are enough. The new draft will have a volunteer look but it's just a facade. Sure, the draft won't exist as it once did - but when society gets so rough that joining the military even in time of war will be a step up for some. Soon being a soldier or cop in some form will be the only jobs. In all forms the day is coming when you will have to choose between being a prisoner or a prison guard.

Anyway, to the point! I just don't like anyone ragging on Lincoln, or any President specifically, for doing this or that, when they weren't there to see it. I hate written history for that reason. It wasn't just Lincoln, it was the southern scum too. People today like to look proudly to their ancestors as war heroes when the vast majority of them would not have been there had it not been for the draft. If they ever bring it back I want the true equality version. Women get drafted too. And are sent to the front lines. Of course we know this will never happen, but it should. True gender equality will never exist until there are as many women as men in the trenches, also on skid row and death row.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<284940fa-720d-4545-bcdf-021bb7560d03n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=954&group=alt.life.sucks#954

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 20:39:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 03:39 UTC

On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 4:32:12 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > In Friday’s New York Times, the “Idea of the Day” blog featured another
> > example of Lincoln’s willingness to commit, or willingness to ignore,
> > the rampant abuse of innocent civilians.
> Even though I despise history I know military conscription always existed in this country until only recently. As to why it no longer exists, I can only guess. We now have an all volunteer force of mostly misfits and psychos. We have airplanes. And we don't start shit with powerful countries. So for now the volunteers are enough. The new draft will have a volunteer look but it's just a facade. Sure, the draft won't exist as it once did - but when society gets so rough that joining the military even in time of war will be a step up for some. Soon being a soldier or cop in some form will be the only jobs. In all forms the day is coming when you will have to choose between being a prisoner or a prison guard.
>
> Anyway, to the point! I just don't like anyone ragging on Lincoln, or any President specifically, for doing this or that, when they weren't there to see it. I hate written history for that reason. It wasn't just Lincoln, it was the southern scum too. People today like to look proudly to their ancestors as war heroes when the vast majority of them would not have been there had it not been for the draft. If they ever bring it back I want the true equality version. Women get drafted too. And are sent to the front lines. Of course we know this will never happen, but it should. True gender equality will never exist until there are as many women as men in the trenches, also on skid row and death row.

I am able to go with all perspectives. Political and non political. I like truth the best. It is always the most interesting. Lincoln was a tough fucker. Only a nut job like him would have been willing to watch Booth in a play.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<d29229f9-327d-410f-87d3-97fa995f5d4fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=962&group=alt.life.sucks#962

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 21:47:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 04:47 UTC

> I am able to go with all perspectives. Political and non political. I like truth the best. It is always the most interesting. Lincoln was a tough fucker. Only a nut job like him would have been willing to watch Booth in a play.

To show you just how little interest I have always had in history, to this day I don't know how Booth managed to get close to Lincoln's balcony box. Was his brother Edwin in the play? I'm seriously going to have to look this shit up. I really don't know. I know it was the role of John's life. Method acting at it's finest, stage style. Leaping from the balcony with "Thus be to all tyrants", in Latin - oh my what flair. Could Brando have done it? Clift? James Dean? I doubt it. Not many could. Maybe none. The only guy I could see coming close - well, there are two of them - Emelio Esteves and Lou Diamond Phillips (when they were in their prime).

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<84b70fad-cb7d-4259-84f2-cadf20d8cc3fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=988&group=alt.life.sucks#988

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 13:57:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 20:57 UTC

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 12:47:42 AM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I am able to go with all perspectives. Political and non political. I like truth the best. It is always the most interesting. Lincoln was a tough fucker. Only a nut job like him would have been willing to watch Booth in a play.
> To show you just how little interest I have always had in history, to this day I don't know how Booth managed to get close to Lincoln's balcony box. Was his brother Edwin in the play? I'm seriously going to have to look this shit up. I really don't know. I know it was the role of John's life. Method acting at it's finest, stage style. Leaping from the balcony with "Thus be to all tyrants", in Latin - oh my what flair. Could Brando have done it? Clift? James Dean? I doubt it. Not many could. Maybe none. The only guy I could see coming close - well, there are two of them - Emelio Esteves and Lou Diamond Phillips (when they were in their prime).

This is where the term 'break a leg' for actors came from. Look it up. If it is true than it was a lucky guess. Go ahead 'break a leg'.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<9d7b7bae-db5a-41a2-9777-7964039d9e69n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=998&group=alt.life.sucks#998

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 20:52:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 03:52 UTC

> This is where the term 'break a leg' for actors came from. Look it up. If it is true than it was a lucky guess. Go ahead 'break a leg'.

I am going to look it up - a two for the price of one deal because I forgot to look up what I said I was going to look up yesterday, how Booth managed to get so close to Lincoln's balcony seat. Now I can look up both at once.

Hmmm, interesting. Got a bunch of links but no mention of Booth. I copied the first link which I am pasting below. But I did not give up. I kept scrolling down, still no mention of Booth. I thought your suggestion was a good one. I believed others have thought the same thing about the term. So I kept scrolling. Then I finally say Booth's name. I am pasting the first one first, the Booth one second, along with the link for further reading if thats' the way you want to go, which I sincerely doubt.

Anyway:

#1.....If the audience stomped long enough, they would break a leg. Some say the term originated during Elizabethan times when, instead of applause, the audience would bang their chairs on the ground — and if they liked it enough, the leg of the chair would break."

#2......The phrase 'Break a leg' - meaning and origin. A reference to John Wilkes Booth, who broke his leg when jumping on stage, attempting to flee after shooting President Lincoln. It is tempting to believe the phrase ...(snipped).

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<s9r5p7$23kr$1@neodome.net>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1007&group=alt.life.sucks#1007

From: yah...@invalid.ivalid (מין הארץ יהודי ישראלי עברית אמריקא)
רית אמריקא <yahwey@invalid.ivalid>
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 15:45:41 -0400
 by: מין הארץ יה - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 19:45 UTC

On 6/8/2021 4:57 PM, OllieNorthie@aol.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 12:47:42 AM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I am able to go with all perspectives. Political and non political. I like truth the best. It is always the most interesting. Lincoln was a tough fucker. Only a nut job like him would have been willing to watch Booth in a play.
>> To show you just how little interest I have always had in history, to this day I don't know how Booth managed to get close to Lincoln's balcony box. Was his brother Edwin in the play? I'm seriously going to have to look this shit up. I really don't know. I know it was the role of John's life. Method acting at it's finest, stage style. Leaping from the balcony with "Thus be to all tyrants", in Latin - oh my what flair. Could Brando have done it? Clift? James Dean? I doubt it. Not many could. Maybe none. The only guy I could see coming close - well, there are two of them - Emelio Esteves and Lou Diamond Phillips (when they were in their prime).
>
> This is where the term 'break a leg' for actors came from. Look it up. If it is true than it was a lucky guess. Go ahead 'break a leg'.

Had a movie been made during the 1940s or 50s about Lincoln and John
Wilkes Boothe, I was thinking having Shemp Howard play Lincoln and Jerry
Lewis taking on the role of Boothe would have been worthy of an Academy
Award.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<0a57e243-1e73-48af-b36e-56193bc6a534n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1008&group=alt.life.sucks#1008

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 13:10:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 20:10 UTC

> Had a movie been made during the 1940s or 50s about Lincoln and John
> Wilkes Boothe, I was thinking having Shemp Howard play Lincoln and Jerry
> Lewis taking on the role of Boothe would have been worthy of an Academy
> Award.

Too Jewish. We need a Negro to play Abe. Just kidding of course - I'm all about authenticity. Anybody could play those two guys, especially if the movie is only about the shooting. Long drawn out slow-mo scenes of the killing - very boring but also very artistic, earning academy awards for all of us in every category. But the best idea of all is to scrap the project completely. To hell with Lincoln and to hell with history. We want fiction..

Now the truth of the matter is, I am so crusty when I saw the title of your post I thought it was going to be one of those copy and paste political type manifestos or whatever - and already, even before seeing your post, I was formulating my response, which was something along the lines of:

"We are the most open newsgroup in the world. All are welcome. Yet few come. This is intended. We don't want to become too popular, resulting in too many political posts. As the most open minded group on earth we are open to anything. Anyone can post here and say anything they want. We have only one rule: "NO POLITICS!" But some topics are not seen as political but really are. Others are not political in intent but can turn that way. Thus we ban not only ban political posts, but any that seem headed in that direction. We nip it in the bud. So when people wonder why we talk mostly about turds, farts, death, inner planetary species melding, and so forth - it is because those are the least politically inclined topics there are. Oh, like any topic, they could be made political in time. But time is a good thing. It allows us to see it coming so we can bar people from our group before they commit the infraction. We are open minded and tolerant - more than any group that ever existed - but our loyalty to the group is such that we will do anything to protect its sanctity, including even murder.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<d857eab9-6de8-4f0c-af71-3b0c737a32a7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1009&group=alt.life.sucks#1009

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 13:16:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 20:16 UTC

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 4:10:42 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Had a movie been made during the 1940s or 50s about Lincoln and John
> > Wilkes Boothe, I was thinking having Shemp Howard play Lincoln and Jerry
> > Lewis taking on the role of Boothe would have been worthy of an Academy
> > Award.
> Too Jewish. We need a Negro to play Abe. Just kidding of course - I'm all about authenticity. Anybody could play those two guys, especially if the movie is only about the shooting. Long drawn out slow-mo scenes of the killing - very boring but also very artistic, earning academy awards for all of us in every category. But the best idea of all is to scrap the project completely. To hell with Lincoln and to hell with history. We want fiction.
>
> Now the truth of the matter is, I am so crusty when I saw the title of your post I thought it was going to be one of those copy and paste political type manifestos or whatever - and already, even before seeing your post, I was formulating my response, which was something along the lines of:
>
> "We are the most open newsgroup in the world. All are welcome. Yet few come. This is intended. We don't want to become too popular, resulting in too many political posts. As the most open minded group on earth we are open to anything. Anyone can post here and say anything they want. We have only one rule: "NO POLITICS!" But some topics are not seen as political but really are. Others are not political in intent but can turn that way. Thus we ban not only ban political posts, but any that seem headed in that direction. We nip it in the bud. So when people wonder why we talk mostly about turds, farts, death, inner planetary species melding, and so forth - it is because those are the least politically inclined topics there are. Oh, like any topic, they could be made political in time. But time is a good thing. It allows us to see it coming so we can bar people from our group before they commit the infraction. We are open minded and tolerant - more than any group that ever existed - but our loyalty to the group is such that we will do anything to protect its sanctity, including even murder.

I like political murders. Even if the assassins' is not political motivated it is construed as much. Booth may have wanted to Fuck Mary Todd and old Abe was in the way. It was olden times so hoping Abe was into a threesome was farfetched. He had to get Mary for himself. Not only did he break a leg he also sprained a boner he had.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<ac54063e-7c87-4639-9361-4c338cd082f8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1040&group=alt.life.sucks#1040

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 23:55:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 06:55 UTC

> I like political murders. Even if the assassins' is not political motivated it is construed as much. Booth may have wanted to Fuck Mary Todd and old Abe was in the way. It was olden times so hoping Abe was into a threesome was farfetched. He had to get Mary for himself. Not only did he break a leg he also sprained a boner he had.

Dig it. All murders bring something to the table. I like when there is no political motive. Just a guy looking to make a name for himself. This is too hard for most to accept, so they read some kind of political conspiracy into everything when in reality some killings are purely for kicks. Look at Hinckley for example. Yes, he laid it all on his devotion to Jodie Foster. But like most who kill he was a weak human being without the guts to do it for "no apparent reason". Like most scaredy cats he had to invent a reason. Give himself an excuse. Truth is he wanted fame. How about Arthur Bremer? Remember him? The guy who shot Wallace, put George in a wheelchair for life. He was after the fame. Yet nobody remembers him. I guess he wasn't cut out for it. He lacked the charisma. This is murder, pal - not playground stuff. You have to go all in. You've got to have flair. You have to make the people hate your guts or love you death, maybe both at the same time. You've got to shine on center stage. Not all can do that. We need to open a school to teach these young gunnies how to do it right.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<9df21d79-d8d8-47d4-9f14-ab136ffd8f56n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1041&group=alt.life.sucks#1041

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 10:20:49 -0700 (PDT)
References: <s9j7gu$354$1@neodome.net> <f8166048-cc7a-4185-8b96-0fb717d17d71n@googlegroups.com> <284940fa-720d-4545-bcdf-021bb7560d03n@googlegroups.com> <d29229f9-327d-410f-87d3-97fa995f5d4fn@googlegroups.com> <84b70fad-cb7d-4259-84f2-cadf20d8cc3fn@googlegroups.com> <s9r5p7$23kr$1@neodome.net> <0a57e243-1e73-48af-b36e-56193bc6a534n@googlegroups.com> <d857eab9-6de8-4f0c-af71-3b0c737a32a7n@googlegroups.com> <ac54063e-7c87-4639-9361-4c338cd082f8n@googlegroups.com>
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 17:20 UTC

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 2:55:30 AM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I like political murders. Even if the assassins' is not political motivated it is construed as much. Booth may have wanted to Fuck Mary Todd and old Abe was in the way. It was olden times so hoping Abe was into a threesome was farfetched. He had to get Mary for himself. Not only did he break a leg he also sprained a boner he had.
> Dig it. All murders bring something to the table. I like when there is no political motive. Just a guy looking to make a name for himself. This is too hard for most to accept, so they read some kind of political conspiracy into everything when in reality some killings are purely for kicks. Look at Hinckley for example. Yes, he laid it all on his devotion to Jodie Foster. But like most who kill he was a weak human being without the guts to do it for "no apparent reason". Like most scaredy cats he had to invent a reason.. Give himself an excuse. Truth is he wanted fame. How about Arthur Bremer? Remember him? The guy who shot Wallace, put George in a wheelchair for life. He was after the fame. Yet nobody remembers him. I guess he wasn't cut out for it. He lacked the charisma. This is murder, pal - not playground stuff. You have to go all in. You've got to have flair. You have to make the people hate your guts or love you death, maybe both at the same time. You've got to shine on center stage. Not all can do that. We need to open a school to teach these young gunnies how to do it right.

Hinckley put Brady in the chair for life too. But neither were ever a match for the Hawk when it comes to wheel fame. But the Hawk was not shot. He had a disease. I think it was Lou Gehrings disease. He should have given it back. But he did use the chair to drive home his genius. Only a genius could do what he did. Speak like a robot.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<070ef81d-163f-4bf4-8143-5dae3cabd79an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1066&group=alt.life.sucks#1066

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 15:02:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:02 UTC

> Hinckley put Brady in the chair for life too. But neither were ever a match for the Hawk when it comes to wheel fame. But the Hawk was not shot. He had a disease. I think it was Lou Gehrings disease. He should have given it back. But he did use the chair to drive home his genius. Only a genius could do what he did. Speak like a robot.

Has a wheelchair bound leader ever been assassinated? Or have an attempt made on their life? "I'll blow you out of that chair, Pappy", he says, raising his pistol for the shot heard round the world. I am trying to imagine the Hawk getting blown out of his chair. I'm sure when he gets shot he shits his pants. The pad takes on the instant stench of real time shit. The pad must be taken and cleaned by history-conscious cleaners, careful not to overdo it, careful not to erase the long haul inner reek of the pad, farts from the past, a universe of history in that pad. But they've got to get the shit off. Too much stink at one time can ruin a lifetime of history. The pad stinks, no doubt about it. But it is special and has inner reek nuance that few can comprehend. To maintain that subtle stink the pad cannot ever be over cleaned. Only specialists can touch it.

That would be a funny scene. The Hawk gets blown out of his chair and leaves a giant dump on the pad. The camera zooms in to capture it. Then back to the Hawk as suddenly, and unexpectedly, he takes flight with giant hawk wings flapping madly, soaring into the future of the great beyond.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<d1008e80-d1c2-40a0-bf3a-80fd6725e15en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1089&group=alt.life.sucks#1089

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 21:40:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 04:40 UTC

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 6:02:58 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hinckley put Brady in the chair for life too. But neither were ever a match for the Hawk when it comes to wheel fame. But the Hawk was not shot. He had a disease. I think it was Lou Gehrings disease. He should have given it back. But he did use the chair to drive home his genius. Only a genius could do what he did. Speak like a robot.
> Has a wheelchair bound leader ever been assassinated? Or have an attempt made on their life? "I'll blow you out of that chair, Pappy", he says, raising his pistol for the shot heard round the world. I am trying to imagine the Hawk getting blown out of his chair. I'm sure when he gets shot he shits his pants. The pad takes on the instant stench of real time shit. The pad must be taken and cleaned by history-conscious cleaners, careful not to overdo it, careful not to erase the long haul inner reek of the pad, farts from the past, a universe of history in that pad. But they've got to get the shit off. Too much stink at one time can ruin a lifetime of history. The pad stinks, no doubt about it. But it is special and has inner reek nuance that few can comprehend. To maintain that subtle stink the pad cannot ever be over cleaned. Only specialists can touch it.
>
> That would be a funny scene. The Hawk gets blown out of his chair and leaves a giant dump on the pad. The camera zooms in to capture it. Then back to the Hawk as suddenly, and unexpectedly, he takes flight with giant hawk wings flapping madly, soaring into the future of the great beyond.

Is there a statue of the Hawk? I would want it to be of him in his chair with his contorted face trying to speak into the computer. All in marble. Black marble so the rioters will think he was a negro.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<86ababf2-8b49-490c-a118-ecad6c73c30en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1103&group=alt.life.sucks#1103

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 13:11:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 20:11 UTC

> Is there a statue of the Hawk? I would want it to be of him in his chair with his contorted face trying to speak into the computer. All in marble. Black marble so the rioters will think he was a negro.

To tell the truth I'm tired of talking about Negroes. I'm tired of hearing about them too. I am also tired of statues. Even the Hawk bores me. At times like that when I'm feeling down I look to the pad. That is the Hawk's redemption. Without the wheelchair pad he's just another cripple.

Now I have to tell you - I know it's been going on for years, but I've never seen it like this - the papers are pretty much all stuff about minorities and racial stuff no matter the section. I bought a NY Times the other day. It too is full of shit. Literally, no exaggeration, you can't go more than two pages max without coming across something about race or gender, the same old shit at every turn. The journalists are trying really hard to make themselves look as liberal as possible - caring and sensitive and so forth. It is really ugly and scary almost. I used to get two pagers a day and would read only 10% of it, maybe less, and I'd consider it a pretty good self-made magazine at a pretty decent cost. I still find good articles here and there, but it's rare. People are coming together all right - like on big unstoppable zombie machine.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<ac7dbfa4-ca32-4c02-898f-f1d53bef15cen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1115&group=alt.life.sucks#1115

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 16:25:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 23:25 UTC

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 4:11:46 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Is there a statue of the Hawk? I would want it to be of him in his chair with his contorted face trying to speak into the computer. All in marble. Black marble so the rioters will think he was a negro.
> To tell the truth I'm tired of talking about Negroes. I'm tired of hearing about them too. I am also tired of statues. Even the Hawk bores me. At times like that when I'm feeling down I look to the pad. That is the Hawk's redemption. Without the wheelchair pad he's just another cripple.
>
> Now I have to tell you - I know it's been going on for years, but I've never seen it like this - the papers are pretty much all stuff about minorities and racial stuff no matter the section. I bought a NY Times the other day. It too is full of shit. Literally, no exaggeration, you can't go more than two pages max without coming across something about race or gender, the same old shit at every turn. The journalists are trying really hard to make themselves look as liberal as possible - caring and sensitive and so forth.. It is really ugly and scary almost. I used to get two pagers a day and would read only 10% of it, maybe less, and I'd consider it a pretty good self-made magazine at a pretty decent cost. I still find good articles here and there, but it's rare. People are coming together all right - like on big unstoppable zombie machine.

The gay thing gets bigger and bigger. Now the gay flag as races on it. It is really just a non white straight male thing. Man it is so stupid. But dangerous because these idiots are into it. They think they are being held back by a few crackers that like pussy?

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<a7b874eb-4d3a-4e0d-b5d1-feccbf683490n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1135&group=alt.life.sucks#1135

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 18:16:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sun, 13 Jun 2021 01:16 UTC

> The gay thing gets bigger and bigger. Now the gay flag as races on it. It is really just a non white straight male thing. Man it is so stupid. But dangerous because these idiots are into it. They think they are being held back by a few crackers that like pussy?

I am not excusing the people but I think it's the media more than anything, people trying to make themselves look open minded and caring using the right words. Everyone is against bullying - but only of certain people. People represented by organizations, some future candidates for this or that. It's all about votes. It's sickening. If a dissenting comment is every printed it is from someone who is very bad at expressing themselves. I saw an article in yesterday's paper where the reporter mentioned anti vaxers believing that taking the shot turns people into a magnetic force field or some shit. She was talking about one person but lumped everybody into the it.. At the end of the article she finally comes out and says everyone who cares about society should get the shot. But first she tried to make all people opposed to the vaccine look nuts, as if everyone has the very same reason for not wanting it. I can see the wheels turning in the reporter's weak brain as I'm reading the words. Unfortunately the brains of most who read them are even weaker than that of the asshole who wrote them.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<8d44cb5e-c195-4dce-b3a2-ec818b8ff88fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1152&group=alt.life.sucks#1152

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 19:45:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 02:45 UTC

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 9:16:45 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > The gay thing gets bigger and bigger. Now the gay flag as races on it. It is really just a non white straight male thing. Man it is so stupid. But dangerous because these idiots are into it. They think they are being held back by a few crackers that like pussy?
> I am not excusing the people but I think it's the media more than anything, people trying to make themselves look open minded and caring using the right words. Everyone is against bullying - but only of certain people. People represented by organizations, some future candidates for this or that. It's all about votes. It's sickening. If a dissenting comment is every printed it is from someone who is very bad at expressing themselves. I saw an article in yesterday's paper where the reporter mentioned anti vaxers believing that taking the shot turns people into a magnetic force field or some shit. She was talking about one person but lumped everybody into the it. At the end of the article she finally comes out and says everyone who cares about society should get the shot. But first she tried to make all people opposed to the vaccine look nuts, as if everyone has the very same reason for not wanting it. I can see the wheels turning in the reporter's weak brain as I'm reading the words. Unfortunately the brains of most who read them are even weaker than that of the asshole who wrote them.

Don't people wonder why the news is so one sided on everything? No real debates just propaganda about their views being right. I want to be open minded but they make it impossible. The news is trying to make everything black and white. Well is it? I don't think so. start with telling the truth.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<7eb176d0-79eb-4688-a78c-addb3cd2cdc3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1174&group=alt.life.sucks#1174

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:53:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 19:53 UTC

> Don't people wonder why the news is so one sided on everything? No real debates just propaganda about their views being right. I want to be open minded but they make it impossible. The news is trying to make everything black and white. Well is it? I don't think so. start with telling the truth.

I used to read two newspapers every day, only what I wanted to read - maybe 10% of the paper, not a bad deal for the price - a nice little self made magazine. People would see me with the papers and assume I'm into the news. I am not. Nor was I then. I was and am still looking only for entertainment with an occasional tidbit of information. This is happening less and less. I don't care, I can adapt. But people just don't get it. I was in a store the other day to buy a paper. I told the guy behind the counter I am not looking for the news, just entertainment whatever form it comes in including disasters. He laughed. As I was leaving I told him, "You want the news, I'm about to walk into it." People keep looking for truth in reporting. Even if it's true, if it has to be reported it's likely not very important. And even if it is important it's equally likely there is nothing anybody can do about it. People see me with the papers and assume that when everything goes digital I will pursue the news to the internet. Not true at all. Just because they call it a news paper doesn't mean I am after the news. I am not. But I pick up on some of it now and then without even trying. The real news is what happens to you today.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<9cf3c63f-3733-41a0-aa67-f3b74c6e5fccn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1175&group=alt.life.sucks#1175

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:56:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 19:56 UTC

This is my last post. I have quite the walk in front of me. It's hot out there. But not as hot as they said it would be. I looked at the weather on the computer last night. Normally I don't care but I knew I'd be taking the walk. First I'm heading for a Walmart about 4 miles away. Just some nasal spray I can't find anyplace else, plus they were out of it themselves last time I was there a few days ago. Then a 20 minute walk to the food markets followed by a bus home, etc. The usual chores of the week. If you don't hear from me later today it could mean I had a heart attack or got hit by a car.

See ya later

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<8a4147bf-ddbd-47d0-9817-a61f4a269e15n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1176&group=alt.life.sucks#1176

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:20:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 21:20 UTC

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 3:56:46 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> This is my last post. I have quite the walk in front of me. It's hot out there. But not as hot as they said it would be. I looked at the weather on the computer last night. Normally I don't care but I knew I'd be taking the walk. First I'm heading for a Walmart about 4 miles away. Just some nasal spray I can't find anyplace else, plus they were out of it themselves last time I was there a few days ago. Then a 20 minute walk to the food markets followed by a bus home, etc. The usual chores of the week. If you don't hear from me later today it could mean I had a heart attack or got hit by a car.
>
> See ya later

Getting rain here. We are in the summer pattern. That is good as I do not want a drought. Let it rain.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<292236f0-c536-4df0-ac26-aa3b4abe6687n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1207&group=alt.life.sucks#1207

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 21:56:24 -0700 (PDT)
<ac54063e-7c87-4639-9361-4c338cd082f8n@googlegroups.com> <9df21d79-d8d8-47d4-9f14-ab136ffd8f56n@googlegroups.com>
<070ef81d-163f-4bf4-8143-5dae3cabd79an@googlegroups.com> <d1008e80-d1c2-40a0-bf3a-80fd6725e15en@googlegroups.com>
<86ababf2-8b49-490c-a118-ecad6c73c30en@googlegroups.com> <ac7dbfa4-ca32-4c02-898f-f1d53bef15cen@googlegroups.com>
<a7b874eb-4d3a-4e0d-b5d1-feccbf683490n@googlegroups.com> <8d44cb5e-c195-4dce-b3a2-ec818b8ff88fn@googlegroups.com>
<7eb176d0-79eb-4688-a78c-addb3cd2cdc3n@googlegroups.com> <9cf3c63f-3733-41a0-aa67-f3b74c6e5fccn@googlegroups.com>
<8a4147bf-ddbd-47d0-9817-a61f4a269e15n@googlegroups.com>
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 15 Jun 2021 04:56 UTC

> Getting rain here. We are in the summer pattern. That is good as I do not want a drought. Let it rain.

A break from the pool to make it seem even more inviting when the sun comes back. It was pretty warm today. I walked a total of about 6 miles and am genuinely whipped. I did not do it all at once, just going from one store to another starting with Walmart which was a good 45 minute walk to start out with. I am truly tired. I like the feeling. If I don't die tonight I will probably live a long time.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<474f96fe-5a45-4009-81d1-6b246aaa284fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1215&group=alt.life.sucks#1215

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 00:00:10 -0700 (PDT)
<8a4147bf-ddbd-47d0-9817-a61f4a269e15n@googlegroups.com> <292236f0-c536-4df0-ac26-aa3b4abe6687n@googlegroups.com>
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Tue, 15 Jun 2021 07:00 UTC

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 12:56:25 AM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Getting rain here. We are in the summer pattern. That is good as I do not want a drought. Let it rain.
> A break from the pool to make it seem even more inviting when the sun comes back. It was pretty warm today. I walked a total of about 6 miles and am genuinely whipped. I did not do it all at once, just going from one store to another starting with Walmart which was a good 45 minute walk to start out with. I am truly tired. I like the feeling. If I don't die tonight I will probably live a long time.

I think the end is near. very near. It was good. I have had enough.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<b34273d5-1613-4a72-a419-682d88a8dee2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1218&group=alt.life.sucks#1218

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 15:16:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 15 Jun 2021 22:16 UTC

> I think the end is near. very near. It was good. I have had enough.

I do not wish for death but am beginning to convince myself that not only might it not be painful or ugly, it could actually feel good. Depends on what you've got. A slow withering death is cool if you've got a nice bed, maybe a TV, food if you're hungry. People asking you how you're doing think you are kidding when you say you're feeling great, better than ever before in your life. "You mean you feel like you're getting better?", they say. "No", he replies, "I'm dying. But I'm telling you man it feels good." They still don't believe him. They think he's saying this just to block out the truth of his panic and fear. "You mean dying feels good?", they continue.

"Oh yes", the dying man says. "But it only works if you give in to it. You've got to roll with it. Groove on it. Feel the vibe. Become as one with it. Don't fight it. Don't ever fight it."

Then he dies. One visitor says, "Well at least he died peacefully", even though the dream machine next to his bed shows images from his brain that go way beyond normal nightmare level.

Re: The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape

<bb7084d7-c591-47d3-b483-0eca337dfe3an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1244&group=alt.life.sucks#1244

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 20:41:06 -0700 (PDT)
<474f96fe-5a45-4009-81d1-6b246aaa284fn@googlegroups.com> <b34273d5-1613-4a72-a419-682d88a8dee2n@googlegroups.com>
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Wed, 16 Jun 2021 03:41 UTC

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 6:16:37 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I think the end is near. very near. It was good. I have had enough.
> I do not wish for death but am beginning to convince myself that not only might it not be painful or ugly, it could actually feel good. Depends on what you've got. A slow withering death is cool if you've got a nice bed, maybe a TV, food if you're hungry. People asking you how you're doing think you are kidding when you say you're feeling great, better than ever before in your life. "You mean you feel like you're getting better?", they say. "No", he replies, "I'm dying. But I'm telling you man it feels good." They still don't believe him. They think he's saying this just to block out the truth of his panic and fear. "You mean dying feels good?", they continue.
>
> "Oh yes", the dying man says. "But it only works if you give in to it. You've got to roll with it. Groove on it. Feel the vibe. Become as one with it. Don't fight it. Don't ever fight it."
>
> Then he dies. One visitor says, "Well at least he died peacefully", even though the dream machine next to his bed shows images from his brain that go way beyond normal nightmare level.

Your soul needs to get out of the dead body as quick as possible. Dying is urgent business. Do not relax. Be ready to jump out of the soon to be rotting corpse and into the spirit world where the real party is.

interests / alt.life.sucks / The NYT’s on Lincoln Giving License to Rape