From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: rec.humor
Subject: Old Married Couple
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2023 13:55:23 -0400
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 17:55 UTC

A couple in their 90s were having trouble remembering things. During a
checkup, the doctor told them they were both physically okay, but they
might want to start writing things down to help them remember.

Later that evening, the old man got up from his chair, "Do you want anything
while I'm in the kitchen?", he asked.

"Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?" said his wife. "Sure". "Don't you
think you should write it down so you can remember?" she asked.
"No, I can remember it". "Well, I'd like some strawberries on top too. Maybe
you should write it down, so you don't forget". He replied, "I can remember
that. You want ice cream with strawberries on top".

About 20 minutes later, he returned from the kitchen and handed his wife
a plate of bacon and eggs. She stared at the plate for a moment and then
asked, "Where's my toast?"