From: kic...@gmail.com (kico)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: ‘I Don’t Dare Get the Shot’: Vir
us_Ravages_Unvaccinated_Older_Hong_Kongers
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 08:40:41 +0800
 by: kico - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 00:40 UTC

On 27/2/2022 4:07 pm, David P. wrote:
> ‘I Don’t Dare Get the Shot’: Virus Ravages Unvaccinated Older Hong Kongers
> By Stevenson and Ramzy, Feb. 25, 2022, NY Times
>
> Nursing homes in Hong Kong have been closed to visitors since
> last fall. Still, cases have appeared in many homes in recent
> weeks, industry officials say. At meetings of representatives
> of some 300 homes this week, more than 70 percent said they had
> recorded Covid cases in residents or staff members, said Joe Chan,
> secretary of the Elderly Services Assn of Hong Kong, an industry group.
>
> “For us, the situation right now is really not healthy,” said
> Mr. Chan, who is also the managing director of the Granyet Elderly
> Care Group, which runs six homes with 640 beds. “There are no
> quarantine centers for our staff or close contacts with cases.
> All of them are stuck in elderly homes, which is not a good environment.”
>
> The Hong Kong government has yet to issue official guidelines to
> nursing homes on how to handle an outbreak, said Chua Hoi-wai, the
> chief executive of the Hong Kong Council of Social Service. Despite
> having had two years to prepare for such an event, the rapid spread
> caught many by surprise.
>
> “No one had ever expected we would have so many confirmed cases in
> so few weeks,” Mr. Chua said. Some care facilities, he said, are
> looking at waits of as long as a month for public health workers to
> visit and administer shots.
>
> The spiraling outbreak might not sway the attitudes of Hong Kong
> residents like Ms. Lam, the 80-year-old who has yet to get the jab,
> unless the government makes inoculations mandatory.
>
> “I won’t get vaccinated as long as I have a choice,” Ms. Lam said.
> “Let young people get the shot.”
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/25/business/hong-kong-unvaccinated-elderly.htm

It was said here that they have had two years to prepare for such an
event, but the rapid spread caught many by surprise. In our observation
with our people there, it is the selfishness of people there in no
cooperating with the key essentials, such as these:

1. social distancing, 2. washing of hands, 3. masking up properly, 4.
staying home, 5. avoid unnecessary outside visits, 6. cleaning up of
trains, buses, taxis, shops, lifts, markets, and crowded places at all
times, and 7. People who are sick should stay and isolate at home.

These 7 essentials are very much the basic requirement of successes in
overcoming the spread if the people there are cooperating well with the
measures that were already issued by the government. On its part, the
government of HK has already had the China to help in the building of
quarantine facility and isolation quarters to take up the long waiting
list of people awaiting to quarantine.

Seriously speaking, as most of the infected people are Omicron cased
with none or some symptoms of just like normal flu patients. they should
rest at home instead. Their home would be more comfortable for they have
their own toilet, and they can cook their own meals at home, too. The
only thing required of them is to keep masking even at home, and keep
away from other member in the household by keeping the room door closed,
and keep the home clean and well ventilated.

Hence, from the article, the rapid spread is due in our opinion to the
selfishness of the people there who are still not cooperating well with
each other and many are working to foment spread and panic, and lies, too.

Re: ‘I Don’t Dare Get the Shot’: Virus Ravages Unvaccinated Older Hong Kongers

<9oadnZFLh8KgvLf_nZ2dnUU7-XvNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8549&group=soc.culture.china#8549

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,uk.politics.misc,sci.med.diseases
Subject: Re:_‘I_Don’t_Dare_Get_the_Shot’:
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 10:03:08 -0600
 by: Byker - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 16:03 UTC

"David P." wrote in message

> God's Plan is that every species has natural enemies that control its
> numbers!
> Standard operating procedure in Nature is: Exposure and Immunity!
> The Laws of Nature supersede and overrule Human Laws!

As I've said from the beginning: Just let the damn disease run its course
and let the corpses fall where they may. Most epidemics run their course and
burn out within six months to a year. Every time there's a new "vaccine" the
virus mutates into yet another form, so it seems the Kung Flu with be with
us forever, becoming endemic...

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: ‘I Don’t Dare Get the Shot’: Virus Ravages Unvaccinated Older Hong Kongers