Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 10:18:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Why do students from Mainland China still come to Hong Kong to study
despite recent events?
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 18:18 UTC

Li Pengii
·
Follow
Lives in Hong Kong (2017–present)Jan 26
Why do students from Mainland China still come to Hong Kong to study despite recent events?
You’re asking this question likely because you’re not here in Hong Kong. If you get the MTR home at around 10pm at night you can get whole trains of Mandarin speakers who are (I haven’t asked them) presumably from Mainland China.

They coming for the following reasons:

The riots are OVER. The leaders are in prison. The violent rioters slowly but surely are being processed through the courts and they’re getting sentenced to prison time the sentences are a bit too light if you ask me. There are some rioters who escaped via the BNO scheme or absconded elsewhere.

Next up is that a whole load of people in PRC China don’t hold a grudge and rather quickly let things go. People REMEMBER Nanjing and do not want it to happen again but most of them are meh about it. A Japanese youtuber went to Nanjing and asked people about it. Same shit with the cultural revolution, Tienanmen. After getting attacked by thugs in Hong Kong and crossing the border to hide out one of the things that brought a tear to my eye was that the people around me. Li don’t worry we’ll rebuild it and make it better.

Third is that it’s more prestigious. Woman in Guangzhou wants to do a masters degree. She was planning to come over here and do it. You see from Guangzhou she could take the high speed rail to HK station. Get the MTR to PolyU. One of my friends Zhang did exactly the same thing. She lives in Shenzhen and pre riot she’d take the high speed rail to HK station in Kowloon then train over to HKU study then get the high speed train back. It was that integrated.

Re: Why do students from Mainland China still come to Hong Kong to study despite recent events?

<svbavg$910$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8483&group=soc.culture.china#8483

From: toi...@tr.com (boro)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Why do students from Mainland China still come to Hong Kong to
study despite recent events?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 03:34:44 +0800
 by: boro - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 19:34 UTC

On 5/2/2022 2:18 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:

> Li Pengii
> ·
> Follow
> Lives in Hong Kong (2017–present)Jan 26
> Why do students from Mainland China still come to Hong Kong to study despite recent events?
> You’re asking this question likely because you’re not here in Hong Kong. If you get the MTR home at around 10pm at night you can get whole trains of Mandarin speakers who are (I haven’t asked them) presumably from Mainland China.
>
> They coming for the following reasons:
>
> The riots are OVER. The leaders are in prison. The violent rioters slowly but surely are being processed through the courts and they’re getting sentenced to prison time the sentences are a bit too light if you ask me. There are some rioters who escaped via the BNO scheme or absconded elsewhere.
>
> Next up is that a whole load of people in PRC China don’t hold a grudge and rather quickly let things go. People REMEMBER Nanjing and do not want it to happen again but most of them are meh about it. A Japanese youtuber went to Nanjing and asked people about it. Same shit with the cultural revolution, Tienanmen. After getting attacked by thugs in Hong Kong and crossing the border to hide out one of the things that brought a tear to my eye was that the people around me. Li don’t worry we’ll rebuild it and make it better.
>
> Third is that it’s more prestigious. Woman in Guangzhou wants to do a masters degree. She was planning to come over here and do it. You see from Guangzhou she could take the high speed rail to HK station. Get the MTR to PolyU. One of my friends Zhang did exactly the same thing. She lives in Shenzhen and pre riot she’d take the high speed rail to HK station in Kowloon then train over to HKU study then get the high speed train back. It was that integrated.

Hong Kong is part of China, and hence, anyone from China can also study
there.There is no distinction between China and Hong Kong education
system. The difference is the experience of variety of exposures to
different people with different learning experiences.

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: Why do students from Mainland China still come to Hong Kong to study despite recent events?