From: keith_nu...@yahoo.com (knuttle)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: Re: Drywall on the Table Saw
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 22:14:44 -0500
 by: knuttle - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 03:14 UTC

On 2/8/2023 5:09 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 9:20:53 PM UTC-5, John Grossbohlin wrote:
>> On Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 7:45:08 PM UTC-5, Darthnips wrote:
>>> Right anytime your cutting drywall or messing with anything dusty you should be wearing a nice Filter mask to keep the dust out of your lungs an nose. But I would suggest cutting it with a table saw bagging it all up in a ziplock bag an then splash a little on your nose an get in your car a speed up an down the Main Street in your town with your head out the window ufo ufo. Then when you get pulled over offer the officer a nice line hahaha jk jk. Ya don’t use a table saw like the one person said you will screw your saw up. Hopefully I made it to the party in time an the comments still ongoing pun ended
>>>
>>> --
>>> For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/drywall-on-the-table-saw-239438-.htm
>> It's no better an idea now than it was in 2004...
>
> The only time I use my table saw to cut drywall is when I need to cut an opening for
> a receptacle, switch, light fixture, etc.
>
> I try to do that early in the day, when I'm fresh. After a hard day's work, I sometimes have
> trouble holding the table saw level. Ceilings aren't so bad, but holding it up against the wall
> gets tiring.
I agree with the above, but personally I use a sharp knife, score the
surface of the dry wall, break, and cut. Significantly less dust. For
receptacles, light fixtures, I use a spiral bit in my dremmell rotary tool

Re: Drywall on the Table Saw

<660c1444-b815-48f7-86d3-25205ff19acdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8447&group=rec.woodworking#8447

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 19:42:19 -0800 (PST)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 03:42 UTC

On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 10:14:50 PM UTC-5, knuttle wrote:
> On 2/8/2023 5:09 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

> >> It's no better an idea now than it was in 2004...
> >
> > The only time I use my table saw to cut drywall is when I need to cut an opening for
> > a receptacle, switch, light fixture, etc.
> >
> > I try to do that early in the day, when I'm fresh. After a hard day's work, I sometimes have
> > trouble holding the table saw level. Ceilings aren't so bad, but holding it up against the wall
> > gets tiring.
> I agree with the above, but personally I use a sharp knife, score the
> surface of the dry wall, break, and cut. Significantly less dust. For
> receptacles, light fixtures, I use a spiral bit in my dremmell rotary tool

I soak the drywall with a garden hose before I cut it. Much less dust.

(If we had pasta for dinner, I save water by using what's in the pot.)