Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 17:29:38 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Drywall on the Table Saw
From: gross...@gmail.com (John Grossbohlin)
 by: John Grossbohlin - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 01:29 UTC

On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 5:09:04 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 9:20:53 PM UTC-5, John Grossbohlin wrote:
> > On Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 7:45:08 PM UTC-5, Darthnips wrote:
> > > Right anytime your cutting drywall or messing with anything dusty you should be wearing a nice Filter mask to keep the dust out of your lungs an nose. But I would suggest cutting it with a table saw bagging it all up in a ziplock bag an then splash a little on your nose an get in your car a speed up an down the Main Street in your town with your head out the window ufo ufo. Then when you get pulled over offer the officer a nice line hahaha jk jk. Ya don’t use a table saw like the one person said you will screw your saw up. Hopefully I made it to the party in time an the comments still ongoing pun ended
> > >
> > > --
> > > For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/drywall-on-the-table-saw-239438-.htm
> > It's no better an idea now than it was in 2004...
> The only time I use my table saw to cut drywall is when I need to cut an opening for
> a receptacle, switch, light fixture, etc.
>
> I try to do that early in the day, when I'm fresh. After a hard day's work, I sometimes have
> trouble holding the table saw level. Ceilings aren't so bad, but holding it up against the wall
> gets tiring.

I seem to recall a Fine Homebuilding article where they had plans for a fixture to hold a bench top table saw for such uses... counter balanced to take the load off.

Just remember to let it fall if you loose your grip. Back in the '60s my father was a tool and die maker. One of his coworkers came in one morning with his hand all bandaged up and sans some fingers. His bench top table saw wasn't clamped down and fell off the bench while he was cutting. He tried to catch it.