Questions are never indiscreet, answers sometimes are. -- Oscar Wilde

interests / alt.life.sucks / Re: I guess that's about it, folks

SubjectAuthor
* I guess that's about it, folksThomas Joseph
+- I guess that's about it, folks<bosodeniro
`* I guess that's about it, folksOllieNorthie@aol.com
 +- I guess that's about it, folks<bosodeniro
 `* I guess that's about it, folksThomas Joseph
  `- I guess that's about it, folks<bosodeniro

1
I guess that's about it, folks

<1258ca0b-df2e-4cc6-aa39-c77692e154a3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8314&group=alt.life.sucks#8314

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 20:18:50 -0800 (PST)
Subject: I guess that's about it, folks
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 04:18 UTC

The end of this newsgroup. I'll bet if I leave and come back a year from now the guy will still be posting to himself same as he did in the alt.comedy.standup site. What a desperate creep. Well, he can have it, it's not my newsgroup anyway. I feel for our readership, the many silent lurkers who come here mainly for the gems of Ollie and myself who now will have to live without us. Or without me. Unless I decide to come back. I'll check in tomorrow or later tonight and see what's happening - get a lowdown of some kind on the action, see what's going down before rendering a verdict. I am a fair-minded person in that regard.

Re: I guess that's about it, folks

<cfrFJ.110411$hm7.65125@fx07.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8315&group=alt.life.sucks#8315

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Subject: Re: I guess that's about it, folks
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 18:21:24 -1000
 by: - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 04:21 UTC

"Thomas Joseph" wrote in message

The end of this newsgroup. I'll bet if I leave and come back a year from
now the guy will still be posting to himself same as he did in the
alt.comedy.standup site. What a desperate creep. Well, he can have it,
it's not my newsgroup anyway. I feel for our readership, the many silent
lurkers who come here mainly for the gems of Ollie and myself who now will
have to live without us. Or without me. Unless I decide to come back.
I'll check in tomorrow or later tonight and see what's happening - get a
lowdown of some kind on the action, see what's going down before rendering a
verdict. I am a fair-minded person in that regard.

It is the end of this newsgroup.
Go away.

Re: I guess that's about it, folks

<f3615b73-c824-43c7-850e-ceecc1d229d9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8348&group=alt.life.sucks#8348

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 08:25:10 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 16:25 UTC

On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 11:18:51 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> The end of this newsgroup. I'll bet if I leave and come back a year from now the guy will still be posting to himself same as he did in the alt.comedy.standup site. What a desperate creep. Well, he can have it, it's not my newsgroup anyway. I feel for our readership, the many silent lurkers who come here mainly for the gems of Ollie and myself who now will have to live without us. Or without me. Unless I decide to come back. I'll check in tomorrow or later tonight and see what's happening - get a lowdown of some kind on the action, see what's going down before rendering a verdict. I am a fair-minded person in that regard.

Strange times. Getting stranger. I feel like a stranger. Very strange.

Re: I guess that's about it, folks

<_%XFJ.242538$831.9374@fx40.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8357&group=alt.life.sucks#8357

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 07:37:57 -1000
 by: - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 17:37 UTC

wrote in message

Strange times. Getting stranger. I feel like a stranger. Very strange.

someone close to you is going to hurt you.

Re: I guess that's about it, folks

<a4c1d032-bc68-44e2-b21b-151207074db5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8388&group=alt.life.sucks#8388

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 11:59:57 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:59 UTC

OllieN...@aol.com wrote:

> Strange times. Getting stranger. I feel like a stranger. Very strange.

I shouldn't worry so much about the newsgroup coming to an end. Better to worry about more important stuff coming to an end, like life itself. But even there, why worry? I keep telling myself not to worry. Sometimes I even convince myself that I'm not worried. But I am worried. I am worried that I may be stranger than the times. I guess there's some decent shit going down out there in the real world, but it's mostly stuff I don't like. So the bed is my number one hobby right now, and it's slowly tearing me apart.. By the way, over 2 months without washing the bedding. No laundromat in all that time. The first time I went 2 plus months I thought, "Never again", but instead learned that going that long without doing laundry is not all that bad. I now rotate tee shirts to wear under my sweat shirt, and do not launder them between wearings. I spray them with a mix of water and vinegar which neutralizes odor, then let them air out for 7 or 8 days till the rotation is complete. The tee shirt I'm wearing now has been worn 4 or 5 times, even for long sweat producing walks. I check for odor now and then. They don't smell. Or my nose has become desensitized to stench. I doubt the latter as I am a smell man all the way. I am a walking nose. On the other hand it is harder for people to smell their own odors, so maybe I stink to the high heavens. But since my social life is not relevant other than for the markets now and then I guess it really doesn't matter. I stay relatively clean though. I am not a total pig. But just once I'd like to borrow someone else's nose for just a day to see what I really smell like.

Re: I guess that's about it, folks

<KU_FJ.10776$jb4.2835@fx24.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8398&group=alt.life.sucks#8398

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 10:55:01 -1000
 by: - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:55 UTC

just when I thought I was the smelly pig....
You are a total filthy pig - you smell like shit - you talk like a homeless
person - you smell like a psychotic filthy animal.
Ollie deserves you - his life revolves around talking to a total smelly
dirty pig. Nice life you got there Ollie.