Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 12:44:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Where is Ollie?
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:44 UTC

OllieN...@aol.com wrote:

> Not much for fishing. Been a few times. If I had to fish to eat I would starve. I rely on people giving me fish and if they try to teach me how to fish I kill them.

I don't mind learning - as long as it's on my terms! The days of learning are over as once again I turn to the teachers and tell them to get off my back. I am not a survivalist by any means. I might even offer up small sections of my body as food to stay alive. A lot of the survivalist stuff has to do with knowing how to use the right tools. When I drove cab I used to pick up a guy around here who carried a large backpack and always talked about impending social breakdown. He said he was ready. Of course he had help, relatives living far out in the country, etc. But one night he showed me the medicine bag he carried in his backpack. He had needles and thread for sewing up his wounds. When I was a kid we ate fish every Friday. The Catholic thing. Even the Arab side was Syrian Orthodox which is catholic, except their pope is an Arab, not some high hat in Rome. Eating fish on Friday was almost something to look forward to. Later the Catholics changed the ruling. I guess enough people were breaking the rules, so they removed it. It's interesting how far the Catholics will go to maintain a sternness necessary to religious survival. Like abortion. They are against it and will stay against it for a long time. But offshoots of the religion will take hold for those who are pro abortion, opening the door not only for pro abortion worshippers, but for new religious leaders as well. "Well, we're the same as your regular Catholics, but we allow women priests", or whatever. I am not religious but tend to respect the stringent ones, the ones that resist change and stay as true as possible to their original doctrines, etc. As for fish, gotta admit, I broke plenty of fish backs on the rocks in my day. What a nice sound, even better in some ways that smashing a window with a thrown rock.

Re: Where is Ollie?

<h4%FJ.298851$I%1.41296@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8418&group=alt.life.sucks#8418

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Subject: Re: Where is Ollie?
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 11:07:20 -1000
 by: - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 21:07 UTC

someone close to you is going to hurt you.