Zeus gave Leda the bird.

interests / alt.life.sucks / Computer glitches blamed for everything now

SubjectAuthor
* Computer glitches blamed for everything nowThomas Joseph
+* Computer glitches blamed for everything now<bosodeniro
`* Computer glitches blamed for everything nowOllieNorthie@aol.com
 +- Computer glitches blamed for everything now<bosodeniro
 `- Computer glitches blamed for everything nowThomas Joseph

1
Computer glitches blamed for everything now

<8c646a34-4499-4e29-b616-316fb6547ae0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8337&group=alt.life.sucks#8337

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 13:05:23 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Computer glitches blamed for everything now
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 21:05 UTC

That's the main cop out these days for just about everything. Like the other day when my pharmacy said my medicaid info was not in their system and I said, "Well it has been for the past 8 years", and they replied, "Must be some kind of glitch."

It's like having money in the bank but you can't get it out, or getting into a concert or movie for free but you have to pay to get out, or having the biggest punch on earth but can't put it to use because your adversary has you chained to slab with your arms pinned down tight.

Also, I qualified for something called Lieap, a government assisted energy bill program. I got it last year. Beautiful, $500. This year I applied, which was easy, and was accepted as revealed in a letter I received over a month ago. But when I called the power company to see my balance I was told by the robot that I owe $51. I was informed by letter that I qualified and that $300 would deposit directly to my energy provider. When I call the power company I am told to call the Lieap offices. No one answers. Anyway, I'm glad to receive these helpful payouts. I don't need them on the level of needing to breathe or eat, of course, but they are on the border of that neighborhood. Far out in the sticks but moving in closer day by day toward the Land of Need. Anyway, ultimately when this kind of shit goes wrong it's not always easy to get it fixed. Gotta make a lot of calls, all of which are answered by robots whose first comment is "All of our agents are busy assisting other customers", the same taped message I get when I call late at night and they're not even open. Just standard fare - "please listen carefully as our menu has changed", and, "all of our representatives are currently busy assisting other customers", followed by, "We appreciate your patience", which sounds like a compliment of sorts but is really the result of what other choice do I have? Funny shit.

Re: Computer glitches blamed for everything now

<_0GFJ.206979$Wkjc.145320@fx35.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8338&group=alt.life.sucks#8338

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Subject: Re: Computer glitches blamed for everything now
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 11:10:14 -1000
 by: - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 21:10 UTC

"Thomas Joseph" wrote in message

That's the main cop out these days for just about everything.

Nobody cares about what you write you back-stabbing asshole!

Re: Computer glitches blamed for everything now

<U4GFJ.305932$3q9.197185@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8340&group=alt.life.sucks#8340

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 11:14:25 -1000
 by: - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 21:14 UTC

Everyone knows you will be back tomorrow - you do this every other month -
threatening to leave this newsgroup. Nobody believes you you cocksucking
faggot with a.i.d.s.
I will always own you Tommy Joe - YOU ARE MY BITCH.

Re: Computer glitches blamed for everything now

<Z5GFJ.362702$IW4.119594@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8341&group=alt.life.sucks#8341

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 11:15:33 -1000
 by: - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 21:15 UTC

Nobody cares about what you are writing - it always comes out like you are a
total whack job - sick bed-ridden faggot with a.i.d.s.
Get up out of your bed - go to the store - and buy some more tampons you
bleeding cripple.

Bwah ha — Tommy Joe thought it was a banana skin — he slipped on a spooge
filled condom!

Tommy Joe I own you - you are my bitch!

Tomorrow you will be mocked and attacked.
A month from now you will be mocked.
A year from now you will probably be dead.
Get a life you loser - instead of playing on the internet.

Re: Computer glitches blamed for everything now

<2ceedd30-1362-4c93-8698-8a53695b0210n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8349&group=alt.life.sucks#8349

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 08:27:12 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 16:27 UTC

On Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at 4:05:25 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> That's the main cop out these days for just about everything. Like the other day when my pharmacy said my medicaid info was not in their system and I said, "Well it has been for the past 8 years", and they replied, "Must be some kind of glitch."
>
> It's like having money in the bank but you can't get it out, or getting into a concert or movie for free but you have to pay to get out, or having the biggest punch on earth but can't put it to use because your adversary has you chained to slab with your arms pinned down tight.
>
> Also, I qualified for something called Lieap, a government assisted energy bill program. I got it last year. Beautiful, $500. This year I applied, which was easy, and was accepted as revealed in a letter I received over a month ago. But when I called the power company to see my balance I was told by the robot that I owe $51. I was informed by letter that I qualified and that $300 would deposit directly to my energy provider. When I call the power company I am told to call the Lieap offices. No one answers. Anyway, I'm glad to receive these helpful payouts. I don't need them on the level of needing to breathe or eat, of course, but they are on the border of that neighborhood. Far out in the sticks but moving in closer day by day toward the Land of Need. Anyway, ultimately when this kind of shit goes wrong it's not always easy to get it fixed. Gotta make a lot of calls, all of which are answered by robots whose first comment is "All of our agents are busy assisting other customers", the same taped message I get when I call late at night and they're not even open. Just standard fare - "please listen carefully as our menu has changed", and, "all of our representatives are currently busy assisting other customers", followed by, "We appreciate your patience", which sounds like a compliment of sorts but is really the result of what other choice do I have? Funny shit.

get the same message when I call. Sounds like a conspiracy. This is all connected. I am going to investigate. Cover my six.

Re: Computer glitches blamed for everything now

<j0YFJ.1806$%T.115@fx06.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8358&group=alt.life.sucks#8358

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 07:38:18 -1000
 by: - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 17:38 UTC

wrote in message

get the same message when I call. Sounds like a conspiracy. This is all
connected. I am going to investigate. Cover my six.

someone close to you is going to hurt you.

Re: Computer glitches blamed for everything now

<5d382f5d-dc34-4c14-a575-67dc8d0fce1en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8386&group=alt.life.sucks#8386

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 11:34:21 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:34 UTC

Ollie wrote:

> get the same message when I call. Sounds like a conspiracy. This is all connected. I am going to investigate. Cover my six.

I got your six, man - six slugs in the fucking back. Don't ever turn your back on me! Now, as for the conspiracy, it could be, but I think it's just a bunch of inept assholes getting in each other's way. During the so-called height of COVID - let's just say when everything was closed - it was a million times easier to get things done. I called the local department of social services several times and got through right away - unheard of during 'normal' times. Same with the DMV. They only had a few workers - maybe the best of what they had - and things were handled immediately. I don't think this applies only to government services, I believe it applies to the workforce in general, which is why I'm for minimum welfare for those who don't want to work. Get them out of the workplace. Pay qualified and proven workers more money to get these done with less interference all around them.. Either way the robot- society is here and it sucks. Some who speak against it are most responsible for it's existence. The system is cool when it works. When things don't go right, it's like an electric window going down in your car and you find yourself wishing you had the old roll ups.