Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 10:05:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: What if Africans refuse to pay loans granted to them by China?
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 18:05 UTC

Paul Denlinger
·
Follow
Have lived in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong; fluent in Mandarin (written, spoken)Jan 18
What if Africans refuse to pay loans granted to them by China?
Loans between governments don’t work that way because they are handled by the central banks of the two nations through their respective governments.

If an African government has trouble making payments on its loans it is going to notify the Chinese government and bank of its predicament, and will ask to start discussions about how to handle the situation?

The two sides will start with a meeting to understand the situation, and then the African government and bank will make a proposal, which the Chinese side will study and digest. Then the Chinese side is likely to make a counter-proposal based on their understanding of the situation.

There will likely be significant back and forth before they reach a final agreement, and they will shake hands and follow the new agreement.

Re: What if Africans refuse to pay loans granted to them by China?

<svbbcu$ba7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8484&group=soc.culture.china#8484

From: kic...@gmail.com (kico)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 03:41:55 +0800
 by: kico - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 19:41 UTC

On 5/2/2022 2:05 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
> Paul Denlinger
> ·
> Follow
> Have lived in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong; fluent in Mandarin (written, spoken)Jan 18
> What if Africans refuse to pay loans granted to them by China?
> Loans between governments don’t work that way because they are handled by the central banks of the two nations through their respective governments.
>
> If an African government has trouble making payments on its loans it is going to notify the Chinese government and bank of its predicament, and will ask to start discussions about how to handle the situation?
>
> The two sides will start with a meeting to understand the situation, and then the African government and bank will make a proposal, which the Chinese side will study and digest. Then the Chinese side is likely to make a counter-proposal based on their understanding of the situation.
>
> There will likely be significant back and forth before they reach a final agreement, and they will shake hands and follow the new agreement.

African leaders have to agree to repay before the loan is granted. There
is a country to country agreement in which even in successive
governments the repayment of loan is assured, unless it is waived off by
the lender in return for some benefits of it.

African leaders know that if they do not develop their country, they
will be undermine by Western powers to go in as investment for their
resources and ship them out paying for them cheaply. This will what
these Africans had been having in their conditions.

interests / soc.culture.china / What if Africans refuse to pay loans granted to them by China?