Others can stop you temporarily, only you can do it permanently.

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: We lost an F35 in the South China Sea. What are the chances we can recover it before the Chinese? And if we can’t recover it, how would we render it useless to them?

SubjectAuthor
* We lost an F35 in the South China Sea. What are theRusty Wyse
+- Re: We lost an F35 in the South China Sea. What are tboro
`- Re: We lost an F35 in the South China Sea. What are tkico

1
We lost an F35 in the South China Sea. What are the chances we can recover it before the Chinese? And if we can’t recover it, how would we render it useless to them?

<cb0fa2aa-9ba4-4539-b83f-dadc3195bca6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8238&group=soc.culture.china#8238

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 11:10:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: We_lost_an_F35_in_the_South_China_Sea._What_are_the_
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 19:10 UTC

Robin Daverman
https://www.quora.com/
Follow
world traveler18h
We lost an F35 in the South China Sea. What are the chances we can recover it before the Chinese? And if we can’t recover it, how would we render it useless to them?
We lost an F35 in the South China Sea. What are the chances we can recover it before the Chinese? And if we can’t recover it, how would we render it useless to them?

LOL. Have you considered just hiring the Chinese to recover the wreckage?

Look, the US had already dropped another F-35 in 2018. In the Japan Sea. The US hired Ultra Deep Solutions (UDS) to try to recover it. UDS sent their flagship Lichtenstein. Oh but look, Lichtenstein was built by China Merchants Heavy Industries. Actually, all of UDS ships are built by the Chinese. The Chinese are good at it.

A year earlier South Korea wanted to recover the 1,000-person capacity ferry ship Sewol, and they hired Shanghai Salvage Co. to do it. That was a 145 meter, 7,000 ton ship. Lifted it up without any problem. $75 million contract. Who else can beat the price? In that part of the world you simply go to the Chinese for this sort of things.

Basically the Navy doesn’t do marine engineering themselves so they have to outsource it to somebody. If you outsource it directly to the Chinese, it’ll be done in a matter of weeks and at the lowest cost. And you can just sit with them and watch like a hawk. If you outsource it to someone else they’ll ask for a 900% mark-up and a 6-month project time and still outsource it to the Chinese one way or another. In the meantime the entire Carrier Group are like hanging over the wreckage area at a cost of $6 -8 million per day acting like a stupid sitting duck.

And having the entire carrier group sitting there doesn’t even do any good. The aircraft was lost over fairly deep sea. Like 3,000 - 4,000 meters (~ 10,000 ft). So it’s going to be blown away by the ocean current like a falling leaf. It’s not going to be directly under where you last saw it. You have to find it first. And … right now the best deep ocean submergible is Chinese, who just used it in the Mariana trench…

New Chinese submersible reaches Earth's deepest ocean trench
China livestreamed footage of its new manned submersible parked at the bottom of the ocean Friday, the latest foray by the country's scientists into the Earth's deepest ocean trench.
https://phys.org/news/2020-11-chinese-submersible-earth-deepest-ocean.html
PS: If you want to keep something secret, you should keep it in the basement, don’t tell anybody, and don’t use it in front of other people. If you use it, it’s going to get lost, damaged, stolen. If you use it in war then there will be pieces of it all over the world. If you are trying to sell something then you’ll be raining the specs on so many people, that if these people have a choice they’d say “you are harassing me” and block you. If there are already so many people know it you can’t keep it secret just from one specific country. Anybody thinking that can be done is just plain juvenile.

Also the salvage work is hard, dangerous, highly technical, and expensive while the market is very small and uncertain. Unless you have a huge fleet that’s gonna generate a bit of regular demand, it doesn’t make any economic sense to have it yourself. That’s why everybody else just rent it when they really need it.

Re: We lost an F35 in the South China Sea. What are the chances we can recover it before the Chinese? And if we can’t recover it, how would we render it useless to them?

<st7d96$gl6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8252&group=soc.culture.china#8252

From: toi...@tr.com (boro)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re:_We_lost_an_F35_in_the_South_China_Sea._What_are_t
?
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 09:16:26 +0800
 by: boro - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 01:16 UTC

On 31/1/2022 3:10 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
> [...]
>
> Also the salvage work is hard, dangerous, highly technical, and expensive while the market is very small and uncertain. Unless you have a huge fleet that’s gonna generate a bit of regular demand, it doesn’t make any economic sense to have it yourself. That’s why everybody else just rent it when they really need it.

This F35 is a plane of "curse". This is a wobbly plane from the taking
off start point and approaching land point. When they fly them out they
afraid of taking off and coming down.

Re: We lost an F35 in the South China Sea. What are the chances we can recover it before the Chinese? And if we can’t recover it, how would we render it useless to them?

<st7e73$mpp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8253&group=soc.culture.china#8253

From: kic...@gmail.com (kico)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 09:32:23 +0800
 by: kico - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 01:32 UTC

> [...]
>
> Also the salvage work is hard, dangerous, highly technical, and expensive while the market is very small and uncertain. Unless you have a huge fleet that’s gonna generate a bit of regular demand, it doesn’t make any economic sense to have it yourself. That’s why everybody else just rent it when they really need it.

Now America are jealous again that China has exceeded them. America will
bullshit more by saying China had "stole and copied" them.

China's submersible with 5 persons landed on the bottom of the seabed
33,000 feet down in the deepest sea.

Their robotic arms can take samples and video even send live streaming
of the sea and creatures around them.

America cannot put 5 men in the submersible and cannot take video of its
landing on the seabed and even cannot do do live streaming from the
seabed to the world.