Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 13:43:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: I am going to China for my undergraduate degree from the US and all
of my family members are saying it is a communist country that will be a bad
experience. Should I still go?
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 21:43 UTC

Derek Gould
·
Follow
Studied at The University of Hong KongUpdated Jan 13
I am going to China for my undergraduate degree from the US and all of my family members are saying it is a communist country that will be a bad experience. Should I still go?
Go.

When you return, your family won’t believe a word of what you tell them about what it was like.

Don’t let your family’s prejudices constrain you.

In fact, I am so confident in what you will find that I am prepared to put my money where my mouth is.

Collect a list of bad things that people tell you about China. Go to study there. When you come back, tell us whether the things on the list are true or not. If they are, I’ll give you $100. If they’re not, you can tell the people who contributed to your list that they’re full of s**t.

Re: I am going to China for my undergraduate degree from the US and all of my family members are saying it is a communist country that will be a bad experience. Should I still go?

<st708o$179$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8247&group=soc.culture.china#8247

From: kic...@gmail.com (kico)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: I am going to China for my undergraduate degree from the US and
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 05:34:19 +0800
 by: kico - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 21:34 UTC

On 21/1/2022 5:43 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
> Derek Gould
> ·
> Follow
> Studied at The University of Hong KongUpdated Jan 13
> I am going to China for my undergraduate degree from the US and all of my family members are saying it is a communist country that will be a bad experience. Should I still go?
> Go.
>
> When you return, your family won’t believe a word of what you tell them about what it was like.
>
> Don’t let your family’s prejudices constrain you.
>
> In fact, I am so confident in what you will find that I am prepared to put my money where my mouth is.
>
> Collect a list of bad things that people tell you about China. Go to study there. When you come back, tell us whether the things on the list are true or not. If they are, I’ll give you $100. If they’re not, you can tell the people who contributed to your list that they’re full of s**t.

It is bad for America to say China is bad because it is communist.
Communist is just a word that US hate to see and hear when the Chinese
is much is very much richer and advanced than Americans in America.

Therefore,there is a lot of bull shit from US to mock at China for its
communist word, instead.

Time for America and Americans to wake up instead. Chinese are 95 97%
supportive of Chinese government as polled and surveyed by Harvard
university in US.

Therefore, US should stop its propaganda office from sending out
smearing of bad bahavior at Chinese people.

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: I am going to China for my undergraduate degree from the US and all of my family members are saying it is a communist country that will be a bad experience. Should I still go?