From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: rec.humor
Subject: The Coffin
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 12:40:44 -0400
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 16:40 UTC

A man was walking home alone late one night when he hears a
BUMP...BUMP...BUMP... behind him.

Walking faster he looks back, and makes out the image of an
upright coffin banging it's way down the middle of the street
towards him....BUMP...BUMP... BUMP... Terrified, the man begins
to run towards his home, the coffin bouncing quickly behind him
- faster... faster... faster...BUMP...BUMP...BUMP... He runs
up to his door, fumbles with his keys, opens the door, rushes
in, slams and locks the door behind him.

However, the coffin crashes through his door, with the lid of
the coffin clapping..... clappity-BUMP... clappity-BUMP...
clappity-BUMP... on the heals of the terrified man. Rushing
upstairs to the bathroom, the man locks himself in. His heart
is pounding, his head is reeling; his breath is coming in
sobbing gasps. With a loud CRASH the coffin breaks down the
door. Bumping and clapping towards him. The man screams and
reaches for something, anything, but all he can find is a box of
cough drops!

Desperate, he throws the cough drops at the coffin and, of

....... the coffin stops!