Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 08:42:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: As a Chinese citizen living in the U.S., are there any Chinese laws you wish the U.S. had?
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 16:42 UTC

Gongtao Yang
Phd of in None of Your Business & Nuclear Warfare, Jialidun University (Expected 2025)2y
As a Chinese citizen living in the U.S., are there any Chinese laws you wish the U.S. had?
No tipping. It’s illegal to tip and accept tipping in resteraunt according to Chinese law. Waiters are actually paid a living wage and they should. I don't mind paying a bit more for food, I just don't want to do MATH when I had a couple shots of whisky!
Drug laws. I am not just talking about laws about illegal drugs. Legal drugs that used in surgeries are controlled as well. I rember when my mom had to go under anesthesia for a surgery, my dad and I had to go through a lot of paper work. The drug for the anesthesia, I was told later, can be used to make illegal drugs. Even perscription painkiller is harder to get in China when I sprained my ankle when I visited my parents. Those laws has a lot oversight on the pharma companies which is what the US needs now.
Tax law that actually make sense. Why do I have file my taxes each year? The IRS already knows every penny I make, so why do I have to go through that hell every year? I’m just talking about personal taxes for normal people. Why can’t IRS have an app that shows you your taxes, and you just have to make sure everything is order.
Envirormental laws and enforcement. Enforcement of envirormental laws in US currently (Dec 2019) is a joke. Ministry of Environmental Protection of the People's Republic of China has enormous amount of power. If a factory is up for the standard, that factory is closed, period. I pesonally perfer my children can have a habitable earth.
Edit 1: These are things I think US should have no trouble doing. These are feasible and can have direct improvement to people’s lifes. I see very little downside of these laws.

interests / soc.culture.china / As a Chinese citizen living in the U.S., are there any Chinese laws you wish the U.S. had?