From: lefl...@hotmail.com (leflynn)
Newsgroups: rec.puzzles
Subject: Re: What is it? SPOILER (Amateur Version POST09)
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 20:23:56 -0500
 by: leflynn - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 01:23 UTC

> POST05_TOOL17
> This is a metal tool approximately 8 inches long. The handle is a
metal tube but covered in red rubbery plastic.
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/bftew6dc29w58eu/POST05_TOOL17_PICALL.JPG?dl=0
> I do not know what this tool is. My first thought on seeing it was
that it is a novelty Giant Bottle Opener but it is over-designed as it
is a strong steel tool with a good quality grip/cover. It could
obviously be used to pry off covers (perhaps off buckets) but the
dimensions are not like other examples I've found.
> A new suggestion is that is used to reseal metal lids on buckets.

reddit has identified this tool as a car entry/exit assistance lever:

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Auto-Grip-with-Flashlight/dp/B00I5Q0N76

Mine is missing the flashlight.
L. Flynn

Re: What is it? SPOILER (Amateur Version POST09)

<7i7cti55qb20agg3gk4cnvo1u1p3h5rgja@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=807&group=rec.puzzles#807

From: crobe...@gmail.com (Charlie Roberts)
Newsgroups: rec.puzzles
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:02:09 -0500
 by: Charlie Roberts - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 16:02 UTC

On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 20:23:56 -0500, leflynn <leflynn@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> > POST05_TOOL17
> > This is a metal tool approximately 8 inches long. The handle is a
>metal tube but covered in red rubbery plastic.
> > https://www.dropbox.com/s/bftew6dc29w58eu/POST05_TOOL17_PICALL.JPG?dl=0
> > I do not know what this tool is. My first thought on seeing it was
>that it is a novelty Giant Bottle Opener but it is over-designed as it
>is a strong steel tool with a good quality grip/cover. It could
>obviously be used to pry off covers (perhaps off buckets) but the
>dimensions are not like other examples I've found.
> > A new suggestion is that is used to reseal metal lids on buckets.
>
>reddit has identified this tool as a car entry/exit assistance lever:
>
>https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Auto-Grip-with-Flashlight/dp/B00I5Q0N76
>
>Mine is missing the flashlight.
>L. Flynn

Interesting! Never knew they existed. May come in handy
for my mother.

https://lrgv.tx.networkofcare.org/aging/assistive/detail.aspx?id=28695&cid=2041&cn=Car%20Transfer%20Aid&org=