interests / rec.motorcycles.dirt / thought i was going deaf in one ear....

SubjectAuthor
* thought i was going deaf in one ear....john
`* Re: thought i was going deaf in one ear....The Real Bev
 `* Re: thought i was going deaf in one ear....john
  +* Re: thought i was going deaf in one ear....Michael Sturdevant
  |`- Re: thought i was going deaf in one ear....The Real Bev
  `- Re: thought i was going deaf in one ear....The Real Bev

1
thought i was going deaf in one ear....

<sl8s34$1rlk$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=79&group=rec.motorcycles.dirt#79

From: not...@home.add (john)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.dirt
Subject: thought i was going deaf in one ear....
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 08:21:56 -0400
 by: john - Tue, 26 Oct 2021 12:21 UTC

figured all the years of loud noises caught up to me,
but as it turns out i had some extra ear wax, sounded
a bit like a ear plug was partially in the ear so
sounds were muffled but i could still hear internally
(noises like chewing cheetos). no i'm not a doctor nor
play one on tv but adding 1/2 hydrogen peroxide, 1/2
warm water to the ear and letting it bubble for a few
minutes then dumping the stuff out into a tissue did
seem to do the trick. so apparently loud bikes like
the cr500 didn't kill my hearing, yet...

john
i can't tell if wife is going deaf
or ignoring me, maybe a little of each...

Re: thought i was going deaf in one ear....

<sl9drr$2c0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=80&group=rec.motorcycles.dirt#80

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.dirt
Subject: Re: thought i was going deaf in one ear....
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 10:28:25 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Tue, 26 Oct 2021 17:28 UTC

On 10/26/2021 05:21 AM, john wrote:
> figured all the years of loud noises caught up to me,
> but as it turns out i had some extra ear wax, sounded
> a bit like a ear plug was partially in the ear so
> sounds were muffled but i could still hear internally
> (noises like chewing cheetos). no i'm not a doctor nor
> play one on tv but adding 1/2 hydrogen peroxide, 1/2
> warm water to the ear and letting it bubble for a few
> minutes then dumping the stuff out into a tissue did
> seem to do the trick. so apparently loud bikes like
> the cr500 didn't kill my hearing, yet...

For real fun, order a USB ear cam from eBay. It's amazing how much crud
is in there and how resistant it is to physical attack. I really admire
the ENT guys who went to medical school and bothered to get
board-certified who end up spending most of their time cleaning their
patients' ears.

The phone app may or may not reverse the image so you can move the
camera around intuitively rather than the other way. You might want to
ask the seller if HIS app works right before you order.

--
Cheers, Bev
The early bird gets the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese.

Re: thought i was going deaf in one ear....

<slfrfm$1ccf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=81&group=rec.motorcycles.dirt#81

From: joh...@not.my.add (john)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.dirt
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 23:57:42 -0400
 by: john - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 03:57 UTC

On 10/26/21 1:28 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 10/26/2021 05:21 AM, john wrote:
>> figured all the years of loud noises caught up to me,
>> but as it turns out i had some extra ear wax, sounded
>> a bit like a ear plug was partially in the ear so
>> sounds were muffled but i could still hear internally
>> (noises like chewing cheetos). no i'm not a doctor nor
>> play one on tv but adding 1/2 hydrogen peroxide, 1/2
>> warm water to the ear and letting it bubble for a few
>> minutes then dumping the stuff out into a tissue did
>> seem to do the trick. so apparently loud bikes like
>> the cr500 didn't kill my hearing, yet...
>
> For real fun, order a USB ear cam from eBay.  It's amazing how much crud
> is in there and how resistant it is to physical attack.  I really admire
> the ENT guys who went to medical school and bothered to get
> board-certified who end up spending most of their time cleaning their
> patients' ears.
>
> The phone app may or may not reverse the image so you can move the
> camera around intuitively rather than the other way.  You might want to
> ask the seller if HIS app works right before you order.

borescope for the ear, that sounds gross, i totally have to get one
john

Re: thought i was going deaf in one ear....

<18aba553-aba1-4332-b83c-aff20d783392n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=82&group=rec.motorcycles.dirt#82

Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.dirt
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 07:17:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: sturd.vi...@gmail.com (Michael Sturdevant)
 by: Michael Sturdevant - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 14:17 UTC

john says:

> borescope for the ear, that sounds gross, i totally have to get one
https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Otoscope-Remover-Android-Windows/dp/B07FMBG5HY/ref=asc_df_B07FMBG5HY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309836137809&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11178275305268925756&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9015286&hvtargid=pla-761196190312&psc=1

Go fast. Take chances.
Mike S.

Re: thought i was going deaf in one ear....

<slh3jk$rue$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=83&group=rec.motorcycles.dirt#83

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.dirt
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 08:22:27 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 15:22 UTC

On 10/28/2021 08:57 PM, john wrote:
> On 10/26/21 1:28 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>> On 10/26/2021 05:21 AM, john wrote:
>>> figured all the years of loud noises caught up to me,
>>> but as it turns out i had some extra ear wax, sounded
>>> a bit like a ear plug was partially in the ear so
>>> sounds were muffled but i could still hear internally
>>> (noises like chewing cheetos). no i'm not a doctor nor
>>> play one on tv but adding 1/2 hydrogen peroxide, 1/2
>>> warm water to the ear and letting it bubble for a few
>>> minutes then dumping the stuff out into a tissue did
>>> seem to do the trick. so apparently loud bikes like
>>> the cr500 didn't kill my hearing, yet...
>>
>> For real fun, order a USB ear cam from eBay. It's amazing how much crud
>> is in there and how resistant it is to physical attack. I really admire
>> the ENT guys who went to medical school and bothered to get
>> board-certified who end up spending most of their time cleaning their
>> patients' ears.
>>
>> The phone app may or may not reverse the image so you can move the
>> camera around intuitively rather than the other way. You might want to
>> ask the seller if HIS app works right before you order.
>>
> borescope for the ear, that sounds gross, i totally have to get one

They're handy inspection devices, especially if you hook it up to a tablet.

I wish I could remember which of the two we bought have the proper app.
Or maybe the other one has a 'reverse' switch that we just didn't notice.

Long ago when a co-worker went to the bathroom without logging out it
was possible to make his mouse work exactly backward. Fun to watch.

--
Cheers, Bev
There is no such thing as a foolproof device

Re: thought i was going deaf in one ear....

<slh3ni$rue$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=84&group=rec.motorcycles.dirt#84

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.dirt
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 08:24:34 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 15:24 UTC

On 10/29/2021 07:17 AM, Michael Sturdevant wrote:
> john says:
>
>> borescope for the ear, that sounds gross, i totally have to get one
> https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Otoscope-Remover-Android-Windows/dp/B07FMBG5HY/ref=asc_df_B07FMBG5HY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309836137809&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11178275305268925756&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9015286&hvtargid=pla-761196190312&psc=1

That little spoon on the end doesn't work worth shit. The ENT guy used
tweezers for the big chunks.