From: HenHa...@gmail.com (HenHanna)
Newsgroups: rec.puzzles
Subject: What's the name of this font? another nice, plump font (typeface) ?
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 13:57:53 -0800
 by: HenHanna - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 21:57 UTC

What's the name of this font?
https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fop612ru0d1fc1.png

What's another nice, plump font (typeface) like it?

Is this Cooper
Black?https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Garfield_logo.JPG

it looks plumper than the regular Cooper Black.

Re: What's the name of this font? another nice, plump font (typeface) ?

<upuif8$142mt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=779&group=rec.puzzles#779

From: carlgn...@microprizes.com (Carl G.)
Newsgroups: rec.puzzles
?
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 16:21:59 -0800
 by: Carl G. - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 00:21 UTC

On 2/6/2024 1:57 PM, HenHanna wrote:
> What's the name of this font?
> https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fop612ru0d1fc1.png
>

> What's another nice, plump font (typeface) like it?
>

> Is this Cooper
> Black?https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Garfield_logo.JPG
>
> it looks plumper than the regular Cooper Black.

There tens of thousands of fonts/names, and only some standardization of
terminology ("sans-serif" fonts are without thin lines at the end of the
major strokes, "bold" means thicker stokes, "outline" means no filled
interior, etc.).

I would call the first font a "fat font" (they look fat), a "balloon
font" (they look inflated), or a "cooper font" (because of the barrel
shape).

The Garfield logo does looks like a type of cooper font with negative
kerning (space removed between characters to get them to overlap). The
Garfield logo was probably specially designed by an artist.

Search the Internet and you should find several other examples of "fat
fonts". If you want the overlapping letter look, see if you can put in
negative kerning.

ObPuzzle:

Since "serifs" look like wings, is the word related to "seraphs" (angels)?

--
Carl G.

www.avg.com

Re: What's the name of this font? another nice, plump font (typeface) ?

<uq0ikj$1hpar$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=781&group=rec.puzzles#781

From: HenHa...@gmail.com (HenHanna)
Newsgroups: rec.puzzles
?
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 10:37:05 -0800
 by: HenHanna - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 18:37 UTC

On 2/6/2024 4:21 PM, Carl G. wrote:
> On 2/6/2024 1:57 PM, HenHanna wrote:
>> What's the name of this font?
>> https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fop612ru0d1fc1.png
>>

>> What's another nice, plump font (typeface) like it?
>>

>> Is this Cooper
>> Black?https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Garfield_logo.JPG
>>
>> it looks plumper than the regular Cooper Black.
>>

> There tens of thousands of fonts/names, and only some standardization of
> terminology ("sans-serif" fonts are without thin lines at the end of the
> major strokes, "bold" means thicker stokes, "outline" means no filled
> interior, etc.).
>
> I would call the first font a "fat font" (they look fat), a "balloon
> font" (they look inflated), or a "cooper font" (because of the barrel
> shape).
>
> The Garfield logo does looks like a type of cooper font with negative
> kerning (space removed between characters to get them to overlap).  The
> Garfield logo was probably specially designed by an artist.
>
> Search the Internet and you should find several other examples of "fat
> fonts".  If you want the overlapping letter look, see if you can put in
> negative kerning.
>
> ObPuzzle:
>
> Since "serifs" look like wings, is the word related to "seraphs" (angels)?

that reminds me... ss (sans serif).... Do some ppl jokingly talk about
[sans sens] to mean Non-Sense ???

ObPuzzle: What is the next letter in this sequence? ----- ( G, D, S, B,
H, S, __ )

Ob(new)Puzzle:

If you like your Physics and you like your Chemistry,
You will find this puzzle, as easy as can be.
Firstly, from a glass of milk, take what is good for bones.
Second take the metal used to glaze pottery with pretty tones.
Thirdly you might eat me to get your innards on a slide;
Last I am a diode in a "crystal-set" just look inside.
Now put us all together, and thus what can be seen?
A great big head? ; A large white moth? ; A vegetable that's green?
What am I?

"crystal-set" ------- talking about a Radio ???

Re: What's the name of this font? another nice, plump font (typeface) ?

<uq0sou$1jllc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=783&group=rec.puzzles#783

From: carlgn...@microprizes.com (Carl G.)
Newsgroups: rec.puzzles
?
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 13:30:05 -0800
 by: Carl G. - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 21:30 UTC

On 2/7/2024 10:37 AM, HenHanna wrote:
> Ob(new)Puzzle:
>
> If you like your Physics and you like your Chemistry,
> You will find this puzzle, as easy as can be.
> Firstly, from a glass of milk, take what is good for bones.
> Second take the metal used to glaze pottery with pretty tones.
> Thirdly you might eat me to get your innards on a slide;
> Last I am a diode in a "crystal-set" just look inside.
> Now put us all together, and thus what can be seen?
> A great big head? ; A large white moth? ; A vegetable that's green?
> What am I?

Spoiler
..
..
..
..
..
Spoiler
..
..
..
..
..
Spoiler
..
..
..
..
..
Spoiler
..
..
..
..
..
Spoiler
..
..
..
..
..

CAlcium is good for the bones,
Boron can make pretty tones,
BArium a digestive tract hones,
GErmanium selects frequency zones,
and a CABBAGE solves the unknowns.
--
Carl G.

www.avg.com

Re: What's the name of this font? another nice, plump font (typeface) ?

<uq0t1f$1jlpb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=784&group=rec.puzzles#784

From: carlgn...@microprizes.com (Carl G.)