Newsgroups: rec.puzzles
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 23:49:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Effective February 22, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support
new Usenet content.
From: stephen....@gmail.com (Stephen Perry)
 by: Stephen Perry - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 07:49 UTC

On Saturday, December 30, 2023 at 9:15:24 PM UTC-5, henh...@gmail.com wrote:
> How are most ppl using Google-Groups dealing with this?

> ( in Dec., i had to start using a new GUI for Gmail )

crying, screaming, gnashing of teeth. you know, the usual responses to change.

swp

Google Groupsspaggheddon Cometh | List of Free Usenet Services

<20231231060423.016f060b@dev>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=756&group=rec.puzzles#756

From: 388...@sugar.bug (SugarBug)
Newsgroups: rec.puzzles
Subject: Google Groupsspaggheddon Cometh | List of Free Usenet Services
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 06:06:17 -0600
 by: SugarBug - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 12:06 UTC

On Sat, 30 Dec 2023 23:49:37 -0800 (PST)
Stephen Perry <stephen.w.perry@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, December 30, 2023 at 9:15:24 PM UTC-5, henh...@gmail..com
> wrote:
> > How are most ppl using Google-Groups dealing with this?

> > ( in Dec., i had to start using a new GUI for Gmail )
>
> crying, screaming, gnashing of teeth. you know, the usual responses
> to change.

Google /groupsspaggheddon/ cometh. There shall be zoomer weeping,
Karen wailing, and boomer gnashing of dentures.

List of free Usenet servers: <https://sybershock.com/#usenet>.

Share this link with other soon-to-be google groups refugees.

Join the Usenet elect elite before unplugment day of the horde.

--
1_|1_|4_|4_ 3883@sugar.bug
3_|8_|8_|3_ https://sybershock.com

Re: Google Groupsspaggheddon Cometh | List of Free Usenet Services

<umrqg7$1o63b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=757&group=rec.puzzles#757

From: richard....@gmail.invalid (Richard Harnden)
Newsgroups: rec.puzzles
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 13:31:50 +0000
 by: Richard Harnden - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 13:31 UTC

On 31/12/2023 12:06, SugarBug wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Dec 2023 23:49:37 -0800 (PST)
> Stephen Perry <stephen.w.perry@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, December 30, 2023 at 9:15:24 PM UTC-5, henh...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>>> How are most ppl using Google-Groups dealing with this?

Google Groups is, and always was, probably the worst way to read usenet.
And they broke their search functionallity years ago.

Instead of doing anything about all the spam originating from google
groups, they have decided to throw their toys out of the pram. They
won't be missed.

>>> ( in Dec., i had to start using a new GUI for Gmail )
>>
>> crying, screaming, gnashing of teeth. you know, the usual responses
>> to change.
>

> Google /groupsspaggheddon/ cometh. There shall be zoomer weeping,
> Karen wailing, and boomer gnashing of dentures.
>
> List of free Usenet servers: <https://sybershock.com/#usenet>.

Nice list.

You will need to register (eternal-september and i2pn2 are excellent)
And a client (eg, https://www.thunderbird.net/en-GB/)

If you really want web access, then:
https://www.novabbs.com/interests/thread.php?group=rec.puzzles