Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 10:12:29 -0800 (PST)
Subject: If the United States is the most powerful military power in the
world, why couldn't it win the war in Afghanistan?
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 18:12 UTC

Alesha Harrison
·
Follow
Former 2 1/2 Years as a Part Time Model in CollegeDec 6
If the United States is the most powerful military power in the world, why couldn't it win the war in Afghanistan?
We could beat the Taliban to a pulp anytime we chose to. But in order to win the war we would literally have to set up colonial rule like the British and occupy the country, permanently. Because that was the Taliban’s one advantage. They were there yesterday, they’ll be there tomorrow, and the next day and the day after that. The western democracies simply didn’t want to keep pouring money and men into the country for the next 100 years

interests / soc.culture.china / If the United States is the most powerful military power in the world, why couldn't it win the war in Afghanistan?