Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 10:00:52 -0800 (PST)
Subject: What do mainland Chinese people think of the democracy in Taiwan? I
was born during the Cultural Revolution in mainland China. When I became a
student, the Cultural Revolution was over. Deng Xiaoping promoted the policy
of reform and opening up and i
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 18:00 UTC

Truever Zhang
ยท
Follow
Living in Shenzhen,1 year lived in Taiwan Updated 2y
What do mainland Chinese people think of the democracy in Taiwan?
I was born during the Cultural Revolution in mainland China. When I became a student, the Cultural Revolution was over. Deng Xiaoping promoted the policy of reform and opening up and introduced Western culture.

At that time, China and the United States formed an alliance to jointly deal with the Soviet Union. This made the Chinese government have a good evaluation of the United States, and the people began to yearn for American-style life.

In the public opinion environment at the time, I and most of the young people in China became staunch supporters of Western-style democracy. I participated in two protesting protests in 1986 and 1989. In 1989, I also participated in Tiananmen Square. Demonstrations.

In 1996, Taiwan adopted a Western-style democracy system, which made me very excited, because before this, CCP has always claimed that Chinese culture is incompatible with Western-style democracy. Implementing a democratic system in a place with Chinese culture will lead to social unrest and The economy is stagnant. I don't believe in the propaganda of CCP. I think it is brainwashing. Taiwan's democratic system is about to succeed. This will make the CCP lose face and make the people of mainland China awaken. Then everyone will understand that Western-style democracy will make China better. China A new democratic revolution is about to erupt.

After 2000, mainland Chinese can visit Taiwan. After more and more people have been to Taiwan, they came back and told me that they do not want democracy like Taiwan. I think these people are ignorant, they are brainwashed by CCP.

Since 2007, I have had the opportunity to visit Taiwan. From then until 2017, I have been to Taiwan more than 10 times, where I lived for more than a year, and I experienced the democratic life of the people of Taiwan.

Now that I have undergone a complete transformation, I am beginning to support CCP.

Because Taiwan's democratic system has aroused my childhood nightmare, I think Taiwan's democratic system is very similar to the mainland's cultural revolution.

interests / soc.culture.china / What do mainland Chinese people think of the democracy in Taiwan? I was born during the Cultural Revolution in mainland China. When I became a student, the Cultural Revolution was over. Deng Xiaoping promoted the policy of reform and opening up and i