Art is either plagiarism or revolution. -- Paul Gauguin

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: Why is China not afraid of the US?

SubjectAuthor
* Why is China not afraid of the US?Rusty Wyse
`* Re: Why is China not afraid of the US?critter
 `* Re: Why is China not afraid of the US?A. Filip
  `- Re: Why is China not afraid of the US?Rusty Wyse

1
Why is China not afraid of the US?

<31b64028-3153-482a-8fbd-e7ad8dedd34cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7339&group=soc.culture.china#7339

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 10:39:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Why is China not afraid of the US?
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 18:39 UTC

Zaiji Jing
·
Follow
Lives in China (1998–present)Updated 1y
Why is China not afraid of the US?
We are afraid. Who isn’t?

If we are not afraid of the U.S why are we developing Hypersonic Missiles?

If we are not afraid why are we developing this Sci-fi aircraft?

If we are not afraid why are we developing the BeiDou Satellite System?

The same goes for CPU, Medicine, 5G, Military, Network security, Spaceship, etc.

I bet every Chinese person who was born before 2000 wouldn’t forget how the American Navy illegally detained a Chinese ship because they suspected the Ship of carrying a nonexistent Chemical weapon. We still can remember the U.S bombing the Chinese Embassy in Belgrade. And also, the Gulf War.. Every Chinese person saw how the United States destroyed a country just with missiles and aircraft. The power of America is so stressful, and it is still going. We know if America continues cutting relationship with China, China will be injured heavily.

BUT, Chinese people will never surrender. Just like our national anthem singing “Arise, ye refuse to be slaves.” Do you know there are 0.6 billion Chinese people who incomes are lower than 200 USD/month? Obama said if all Chinese live like American, the Earth can not afford. WTF? Doesn’t that sound like Thanos? Donald Trump said Chinese steals American jobs, but he never told you how many jobs were created by China-America cooperation. We just want to live a dignified life, but some America politicians will not allow it.

Even though we know America is more powerful than us, we have to face America with fear and confidence. China will continue to fight until America stops thinking on how to defeat China.

—————Update 1———————-

I never expected to receive so many replies. I really appreciate your comments, whether you agree or disagree with my opinion. I believe Quora is an open and clear platform for people to exchange their idea and knowledge, so I want to tell my story and my experience to show you what China really is. Communication is the best way to reduce bias, isn’t it?

Everybody knows how powerful America is. It is not only strong in military power but also leading every aspect, economic, technology, media… I still remember when I was a little boy, I asked my father about the gap between China and America. He told me the gap is like 30–40 years… if America stops developing we still need to develop 30 years to catch up. 30 years is a stunning number, especially to a kid who only existed in the world for 7 years. Therefore, the young me wrote the naive words in my diary — I hope someday China can surpass America.

My feeling may represent many Chinese who have the same age as me. But does it mean Chinese will invade or bully other countries when she surpasses America? My answer is definitely NO! Because Chinese culture is very unique. Buddism, Taoism and Confucianism play a vital role in Chinese culture. (1,500 years ago, the Great Tang Dynasty combine those three religions in one. There are many stories behind those three religions. I might talk about it in detail someday.)

“金刚怒目,菩萨低眉“ represents a part of Chinese culture. (I don't know how to translate the Chinese saying into English. If you have a better idea, leave a comment plz) The metaphor of this Chinese saying is if you hurt me, I will take it back. If you respect me, I will respect you more. That is a very typical rule in Chinese society.

Sounds like Don Corleone’s tune — “But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship”

500 years ago, Chinese mariner Zheng He led a fleet of 317 ships and 23,000 crewmen to explore the world (Check Ming Treasure voyages ). They reached as far as East Africa. Zheng his fleets were heavily militarized and carried a huge amount of treasures. Their goal was merely trading and showing off! Sometimes they destroyed pirates for local people by the way. During their seven epic voyages, colonization and slavery never happened! They brought benefits to locals, not harm!

Around Fifty years after the Ming Treasure voyages, a colonizer called Christopher Columbus arrived in North America…Then he killed and enslaved thousands of American Indians.

So, why should people be afraid of China’s rise? Cooperation and friendship totally work with Chinese. Back to the head, Chinese people used to be afraid of the U.S indeed. But that does not mean Chinese will yield. So why should we fight? Wouldn’t cooperation be a better choice?

Chinese people are not afraid to fight, but we always welcome friendship.

Re: Why is China not afraid of the US?

<son6tu$jre$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7346&group=soc.culture.china#7346

From: toi...@tr.com (critter)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Why is China not afraid of the US?
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 16:44:45 +0800
 by: critter - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 08:44 UTC

On 7/12/2021 2:39 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
> [...]
>
> Around Fifty years after the Ming Treasure voyages, a colonizer called Christopher Columbus arrived in North America…Then he killed and enslaved thousands of American Indians.
>
> So, why should people be afraid of China’s rise? Cooperation and friendship totally work with Chinese. Back to the head, Chinese people used to be afraid of the U.S indeed. But that does not mean Chinese will yield. So why should we fight? Wouldn’t cooperation be a better choice?
>
> Chinese people are not afraid to fight, but we always welcome friendship.

There is no need to be afraid when you are right to stand up against
bully like US who always beat down weak countries.

Re: Why is China not afraid of the US?

<anfi+rgvtj0605f-lc72@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7347&group=soc.culture.china#7347

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 08:53:37 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:qZqZh3Hup5VCNVcJchzu/84Ba2s=
 by: A. Filip - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 08:53 UTC

critter <tois@tr.com> wrote:
> On 7/12/2021 2:39 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
>> Zaiji Jing
>> ·
>> Follow
>> Lives in China (1998–present)Updated 1y
>> Why is China not afraid of the US?
>> We are afraid. Who isn’t?
>> If we are not afraid of the U.S why are we developing Hypersonic
>> Missiles?
>>
>> If we are not afraid why are we developing this Sci-fi aircraft?
>>
>> If we are not afraid why are we developing the BeiDou Satellite System?
>> […]
>
> There is no need to be afraid when you are right to stand up against
> bully like US who always beat down weak countries.

China has never ever bullied any weak country! :-)

If you prefer polite/diplomatic version: Some people/countries are slow
to catch up with significant+ changes in political realities.
Stupidity may be dangerous, very dangerous.

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| We don't believe in rheumatism and true love until after the first
| attack. (Marie Ebner von Eschenbach)

Re: Why is China not afraid of the US?

<070acba0-2ba1-438b-a4f3-2a69c396b4dan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7352&group=soc.culture.china#7352

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 10:07:07 -0800 (PST)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 18:07 UTC

On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 12:53:40 AM UTC-8, A. Filip wrote:
> critter <to...@tr.com> wrote:
> > On 7/12/2021 2:39 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
> >> Zaiji Jing
> >> ·
> >> Follow
> >> Lives in China (1998–present)Updated 1y
> >> Why is China not afraid of the US?
> >> We are afraid. Who isn’t?
> >> If we are not afraid of the U.S why are we developing Hypersonic
> >> Missiles?
> >>
> >> If we are not afraid why are we developing this Sci-fi aircraft?
> >>
> >> If we are not afraid why are we developing the BeiDou Satellite System?
> >> […]
> >
> > There is no need to be afraid when you are right to stand up against
> > bully like US who always beat down weak countries.
> China has never ever bullied any weak country! :-)
>
> If you prefer polite/diplomatic version: Some people/countries are slow
> to catch up with significant+ changes in political realities.
> Stupidity may be dangerous, very dangerous.

Kindness is also dangerous, very dangerous.