From: jte...@gmail.com (JTEM is my hero)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Subject: Anyone can see the problem
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 13:17:49 -0800 (PST)
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
d=1e100.net; s=20230601; t=1703884670; x=1704489470;
h=to:injection-date:from:subject:message-id:mime-version:user-agent
:nntp-posting-host:injection-info:date:newsgroups:path
:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=oDqfgXibbIL5PCPYdqaxH829XwkfBZMDhEhqYS/xH0A=;
b=gpvcAV6IUYNfmnXLlBA42iq4m1jNI+bAPwHUV1e3jai9tu0JO7CLNpeCHw1T4nB/eN
MdxsuOSX1bSZqUo5zw6eLpj7KJtforlZ1NnnkwPh7yPOnsVrbfnUD7jcDTXkBThT6JN0
MJcN+YL/7yTWsmo4+UH7z8o5NepagmWaCrDHzfwMEMXc3AAcUSgl7k//0Ma7DrPLsrbC
fwe3E5F8stjA57ccfu5TV7e50ceVjn8SfuULL6DkinKOleX0b6DsJmbqvcntBRJJ5SIh
/lOsGLfsRwLv7+YG0iKUFJw5oCv0kbktgsrYZooT+yUBctaNvpt8fXuUv58aoCsYS/sJ
o9uw==
 by: JTEM is my hero - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 21:17 UTC

Sometimes you have to look away, look at something
else in order to see it.

Take Lysenkoism. You see the idiocy. You look at
the communist world rejecting evolution,
denouncing it, upholding Lysenkoism in it's place,
and you see it. You see the idiocy. You see the
pseudo scientific nonsense for what it is. You
can't see it in the case of Darwin and his Pangenesis,
which is the same thing as Lysenkoism, just a few
details off. You have to look away, look at something
else to see what has been invisible to you.

Look at Biblical archaeology.

You can see it, staring at "Biblical" archaeology. You
can see the circular nonsense -- starting with their
conclusion, shoehorning everything into the bible as
tightly as they can. They mostly don't even fake their
evidence. They simply cherry pick it. Ignore what
doesn't fit. Interpret everything in terms of the bible.

That's paleo anthropology.

It begins with an answer (Out of Africa purity), this
pseudo science of paleo anthropology. It cherry
picks even where to look, then shoehorns anything
it finds into the answer it began with... just like
"Biblical" archaeology.

Besides the incredibly obvious Selection Bias, which
alone excludes it from any science, there's the
insistence of viewing everything in isolation.

And forget about Naledi. If you won't see it at this
point you're never going to see it. But let's look at the
very oldest erectus ever found, absolutely proving
that erectus evolved in Africa...

It's a juvenile, so regardless of what you think it looks
like right now, who knows what it looked like as an
adult.

It's found with other remains. They are NOT erectus.

It's too old. It's dating to habilis and sediba!

There's absolutely no model. It has to be viewed in
total isolation. It has to be. Because there's absolutely
no model to even get erectus to evolve there!

But there is this find, they need there to be a really old
African erectus so, to tell with facts! We've for
conclusions to support!

Look. We know where to dig for the Out of Asia model.
We know were the coastlines used to be. There is
existing dredging equipment. And I don't mean go &
dredge a continental shelf here, a submerged
continent there. I talking "Test Strips." Dredge a line,
miles long, sift it all like you were searching for
diamonds and identify where our ancestors were
living. AND THEN you can start some hyper expensive,
dangerous, difficult underwater archaeology....

But it's what needs to be done. It's what the job
necessitates. If it's too much to do, don't bother with
paleo archaeology. It's beyond your scope. And if
doing what is necessary to do the job & do it right is
okay with you; do it already!

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/737988506051313664

Re: Anyone can see the problem

<20231229181337.414f3af4@dev>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7287&group=talk.origins#7287

From: 388...@sugar.bug (SugarBug)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Subject: Re: Anyone can see the problem
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 18:14:43 -0600
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
 by: SugarBug - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 00:14 UTC

On Fri, 29 Dec 2023 13:17:49 -0800 (PST)
JTEM is my hero <jtem01@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sometimes you have to look away, look at something
> else in order to see it.
>
> Take Lysenkoism. You see the idiocy. You look at
> the communist world rejecting evolution,
> denouncing it, upholding Lysenkoism in it's place,
> and you see it. You see the idiocy. You see the
> pseudo scientific nonsense for what it is. You
> can't see it in the case of Darwin and his Pangenesis,
> which is the same thing as Lysenkoism, just a few
> details off. You have to look away, look at something
> else to see what has been invisible to you.

Darwinism is an ancient religion older than Christianity and Judaism.
It sure is religious nonsense. But trying to tell a Darwinist that,
whose identity is wrapped up in his own sense of superior rationale, is
like pulling teeth from a hungry lion.
> Look at Biblical archaeology.
>
> You can see it, staring at "Biblical" archaeology. You
> can see the circular nonsense -- starting with their
> conclusion, shoehorning everything into the bible as
> tightly as they can. They mostly don't even fake their
> evidence. They simply cherry pick it. Ignore what
> doesn't fit. Interpret everything in terms of the bible.

You seem oblivious to the fact that thousands of ancient bible
manuscripts and artifacts have been found throughout Europe, Africa,
Asia, Anatolia, the Near East, and Africa that all corroborate each
other. That *is* archaeology.

Now if you are referring to modern religious sectarians shoehorning
their literal interpretations into folk archaeology spin, then I
would agree they are guilty of that. But the many bible scholars and
archaeologists of the past few centuries have done incredible work
unearthing past mysteries because of the existence of the Bible.

<snip>

--
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ https://sybershock.com
▀▄ █ █ █ █ █ █▄▀ █▄▀ █ █ █ alt.sources.crypto

interests / talk.origins / Re: Anyone can see the problem