Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 10:30:23 -0800 (PST)
Subject: One reality that the US has to accept is that the US is no longer the
only superpower, and that China and the US now have roughly identical power.
We are already in a multi-polar world and the age of US global dominance
ended last year when the US sc
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 18:30 UTC

Joseph Wang
Studied at Ph.D Astronomy UT Austin, Physics MITNov 20
Are the USA and China really hostile to each other? Or is it the politics are acting like children playing and bragging about how powerful they are?
One thing about US/China tensions is that they have gotten really bad only in the last two or three years.

My explanation is that we just went through a massive geopolitical transition as massive as the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1989 and people are still trying psychologically to deal with the fact that we are living in a new world.

That includes me because the new world seems a bit crazy to me, and I am still trying to figure it out. But at least I realize that the old world is gone and the only direction is forward. That puts me ahead of a lot of people.

One reality that the US has to accept is that the US is no longer the only superpower, and that China and the US now have roughly identical power. We are already in a multi-polar world and the age of US global dominance ended last year when the US screwed up COVID response.

I think a lot of Americans are still in denial, but you cant ignore reality forever.