Convention is the ruler of all. -- Pindar

interests / alt.life.sucks / All gone

SubjectAuthor
* All goneThomas Joseph
+* All goneOllieNorthie@aol.com
|`* All goneThomas Joseph
| `* All goneOllieNorthie@aol.com
|  `- All goneThomas Joseph
`* All goneMiguel Tomar Nogueira
 `* All goneThomas Joseph
  `* All goneOllieNorthie@aol.com
   `* All goneThomas Joseph
    `* All goneOllieNorthie@aol.com
     `* All goneThomas Joseph
      `* All goneOllieNorthie@aol.com
       `* All goneThomas Joseph
        `* All goneOllieNorthie@aol.com
         `* All goneThomas Joseph
          `* All goneOllieNorthie@aol.com
           `* All goneThomas Joseph
            `* All goneOllieNorthie@aol.com
             `* All goneThomas Joseph
              `* All goneOllieNorthie@aol.com
               `* All goneThomas Joseph
                `* All goneOllieNorthie@aol.com
                 +- All goneThomas Joseph
                 +- All goneOllieNorthie@aol.com
                 +- All goneThomas Joseph
                 `- All goneOllieNorthie@aol.com

Pages:12
All gone

<851f266a-e051-4355-965a-db941350af2an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=719&group=alt.life.sucks#719

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 11:55:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: All gone
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 1 Jun 2021 18:55 UTC

Stories, poems, essays, posts, all text oriented bullshit I saved to computers and discs over the years - gone for good.

With nothing better to do I decided to access my my files with over 300 of my stories in it along with poems, photos, etc. The file has a variety of categories created by me. One is called “Other People’s Stuff” which includes posts and other contributions from guys like Ollie and Bozo and others I’ve met directly or otherwise over the years.

I opened the file and went to “Stories” to dig up a good fart story. I file my stuff not by title but by subject. Easier to find that way. A lot of my stories happened in the cab, so they go under “CAB” in the stories section. Nicely organized, I'm proud of it. I had all the stuff from my old Mac saved on two different thumb drives. When I got this computer I transferred the thumb drive stuff into it. It worked.

But today when I went to open a fart story I got a message saying “This computer does not support documents from older Mac versions”, or some such thing. Incredible. Same company, same name on the computer and the files are useless. Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t care much - I’m already over it, didn’t take long at all - but I had a lot of stuff in those files. My stuff - just sitting there like a bunch of unused stuff in someone’s garage. In the same way people who are addicted to owning a bunch of stuff could use a good fire to clean them out I suppose it was time for my old words to get gone. Gone before it was gone. Good. Not only am I no longer pissed, as I age I find it increasingly pleasant to discover as often as possible more and more things I really don't need. But I'm not ready to give up breathing just yet. I need that. I'm addicted to it.

One day I will look in the mirror and scream, “I don’t need you anymore”, before putting a gun to my head and muttering, “Nope, I haven't got the guts for this either.” Plus I have more to do before I die. God has plans for me. Something big, I can tell. Something important to everybody. Just you wait and see.

Re: All gone

<7d4d7e4a-50f1-42e8-90aa-6a3605a03980n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=720&group=alt.life.sucks#720

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:01:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: All gone
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Tue, 1 Jun 2021 20:01 UTC

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 2:55:29 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> Stories, poems, essays, posts, all text oriented bullshit I saved to computers and discs over the years - gone for good.
>
> With nothing better to do I decided to access my my files with over 300 of my stories in it along with poems, photos, etc. The file has a variety of categories created by me. One is called “Other People’s Stuff” which includes posts and other contributions from guys like Ollie and Bozo and others I’ve met directly or otherwise over the years.
>
> I opened the file and went to “Stories” to dig up a good fart story. I file my stuff not by title but by subject. Easier to find that way. A lot of my stories happened in the cab, so they go under “CAB” in the stories section. Nicely organized, I'm proud of it. I had all the stuff from my old Mac saved on two different thumb drives. When I got this computer I transferred the thumb drive stuff into it. It worked.
>
> But today when I went to open a fart story I got a message saying “This computer does not support documents from older Mac versions”, or some such thing. Incredible. Same company, same name on the computer and the files are useless. Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t care much - I’m already over it, didn’t take long at all - but I had a lot of stuff in those files. My stuff - just sitting there like a bunch of unused stuff in someone’s garage. In the same way people who are addicted to owning a bunch of stuff could use a good fire to clean them out I suppose it was time for my old words to get gone. Gone before it was gone. Good. Not only am I no longer pissed, as I age I find it increasingly pleasant to discover as often as possible more and more things I really don't need. But I'm not ready to give up breathing just yet. I need that. I'm addicted to it.
>
> One day I will look in the mirror and scream, “I don’t need you anymore”, before putting a gun to my head and muttering, “Nope, I haven't got the guts for this either.” Plus I have more to do before I die. God has plans for me. Something big, I can tell. Something important to everybody. Just you wait and see.

These are the reasons among others I hate Bill Gates and all those PC guys. They violate basic common sense of making things backward compatible. I wont go into it. I feel your pain and I hear your cries.

Re: All gone

<9cd40371-59ab-4264-8504-e4c7b218c3b5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=745&group=alt.life.sucks#745

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 14:59:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 1 Jun 2021 21:59 UTC

> These are the reasons among others I hate Bill Gates and all those PC guys. They violate basic common sense of making things backward compatible. I wont go into it. I feel your pain and I hear your cries.

There is no pain and there are no cries. I had a lot of stuff in those files I probably never would have saved on paper. Like most things that get lost or break down it is easily forgotten. If I really cared about it I would have made adjustments beforehand. Funny thing though, some of the stories open when I click on them, but most do not. Somewhere along the way the files went through some program that messed some things up. It's like cleaning out a real closet I suppose, some stuff needs to go anyway. I have two boxes in my closet with stuff I brought with me 4 years ago when I moved in. I don't use any of it. Anyway, I don't care much about the lost stories which were lost before they got lost.

Re: All gone

<26332011-836d-465e-bb3d-44d1587480b8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=750&group=alt.life.sucks#750

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 10:12:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Wed, 2 Jun 2021 17:12 UTC

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 5:59:36 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > These are the reasons among others I hate Bill Gates and all those PC guys. They violate basic common sense of making things backward compatible. I wont go into it. I feel your pain and I hear your cries.
> There is no pain and there are no cries. I had a lot of stuff in those files I probably never would have saved on paper. Like most things that get lost or break down it is easily forgotten. If I really cared about it I would have made adjustments beforehand. Funny thing though, some of the stories open when I click on them, but most do not. Somewhere along the way the files went through some program that messed some things up. It's like cleaning out a real closet I suppose, some stuff needs to go anyway. I have two boxes in my closet with stuff I brought with me 4 years ago when I moved in. I don't use any of it. Anyway, I don't care much about the lost stories which were lost before they got lost.

We got to let go of it. Of everything. It all ends up in the dump. Ether the dump of 0 and 1 or the dump of shit and garbage. All the same.

Re: All gone

<f8655d0f-a3f7-4fab-81dc-b43c23d387bdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=778&group=alt.life.sucks#778

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 14:17:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 2 Jun 2021 21:17 UTC

> We got to let go of it. Of everything. It all ends up in the dump. Ether the dump of 0 and 1 or the dump of shit and garbage. All the same.

We are walking garbage. Some of us are already beginning to smell. I don't mind death so much when I think about the consensus stink of it all, how all the bodies churn away into one earth encompassing mass of rot and stink - something joyous and cathartic about that.

Dig me a hole
And cover me inside
Not with soil or dirt
Not on this clean white shirt
Rather the bones and flesh
Of others who have died
Cover me with comfort
As the clouds of time collide

Re: All gone

<s9ak2g$1d12$1@neodome.net>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=780&group=alt.life.sucks#780

From: mnogue...@mail.telepac.pt (Miguel Tomar Nogueira)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 13:05:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Miguel Tomar Nogueir - Thu, 3 Jun 2021 13:05 UTC

Thomas Joseph <jazeev1234@gmail.com> writes:

> But today when I went to open a fart story I got a message saying
> “This computer does not support documents from older Mac versions”, or
> some such thing. Incredible. Same company, same name on the computer
> and the files are useless.

Talk to some coputer geek. I'm pretty sure there's a way to restore your
files.

Re: All gone

<f873d7bb-9334-4c28-850b-bb2e8cbf52c4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=828&group=alt.life.sucks#828

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 22:53:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 05:53 UTC

Miguel Tomar Nogueira wrote:

> Talk to some coputer geek. I'm pretty sure there's a way to restore your
> files.

> Talk to some coputer geek. I'm pretty sure there's a way to restore your
> files.

Wow, where did you come from? Actually Miguel, to be honest I am a lazy excuse-making son of a bitch and I never deny it. I don't know any computer geeks. Oh I know people who think they know stuff, but when the pressure is on they prove every time they don't know shit. I honestly don't care about the files. Sure, I might care to some degree. But losing stuff is ok sometimes. Proves it was never needed it in the first place. Like cleaning out the closet, getting rid of stuff you never use. A chore but a good feeling once it's done. Every so often you'll toss something and then maybe 20 years down the road you might wish you had it. But those moments are rare. So while I appreciate your advice I will not follow it because for me right now it's just TMA. (too much aggravation). Thanks.

Re: All gone

<a2812bf8-f929-4047-9b77-814fa9186c5fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=922&group=alt.life.sucks#922

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 12:18:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 19:18 UTC

On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 1:53:34 AM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> Miguel Tomar Nogueira wrote:
>
> > Talk to some coputer geek. I'm pretty sure there's a way to restore your
> > files.
>

> > Talk to some coputer geek. I'm pretty sure there's a way to restore your
> > files.
> Wow, where did you come from? Actually Miguel, to be honest I am a lazy excuse-making son of a bitch and I never deny it. I don't know any computer geeks. Oh I know people who think they know stuff, but when the pressure is on they prove every time they don't know shit. I honestly don't care about the files. Sure, I might care to some degree. But losing stuff is ok sometimes. Proves it was never needed it in the first place. Like cleaning out the closet, getting rid of stuff you never use. A chore but a good feeling once it's done. Every so often you'll toss something and then maybe 20 years down the road you might wish you had it. But those moments are rare. So while I appreciate your advice I will not follow it because for me right now it's just TMA. (too much aggravation). Thanks.

Many of our top computer scientist know about the group. They monitor it for trends. They know we are onto the future. They lay low. Miguel could not help himself and had to post about the computer problem. The last thing they want is for us to go silent because of a computer problem.

Re: All gone

<2ac25702-fb5c-4f97-9e55-39d2a1a83d0en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=932&group=alt.life.sucks#932

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 17:24:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 00:24 UTC

> Many of our top computer scientist know about the group. They monitor it for trends. They know we are onto the future. They lay low. Miguel could not help himself and had to post about the computer problem. The last thing they want is for us to go silent because of a computer problem.

I had a feeling Miguel was part of our loyal readership. Many are so dedicated to reading in general and spend so much time doing it that they forget how to speak. That is why many don't post even though, as you say, they are dying to do so.

I thought I was ahead of the pack when I first mentioned our readership and their main purpose which is to steal our ideas. My main purpose in posting is to feed their hunger. I want them to steal my ideas - the good ones only - and do something with them because I sure as hell know I won't. I was the first guy to mention our readership and their nefarious intentions. But I was way behind the times limiting my suspicions of thievery to movies and entertainment only. I really set the bar low for myself. I never thought scientists were part of our readership. You have opened my eyes. Now I am suspicious of anyone no matter what field they play in, knowing that our ideas are so far ahead of the times they can be used by many people for many different reasons. I thought the same about Miguel, that he was a lurker. I don't like that word, lurker - it has a negative tone to it. There is nothing negative about our readership. Anyway, I had suspicions about Miguel - his willingness to help me out - but never suspected it was to keep our machinery humming.

Re: All gone

<95e908ac-19e4-49df-ad53-859eaa8820een@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=949&group=alt.life.sucks#949

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 20:25:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 03:25 UTC

On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 8:24:26 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Many of our top computer scientist know about the group. They monitor it for trends. They know we are onto the future. They lay low. Miguel could not help himself and had to post about the computer problem. The last thing they want is for us to go silent because of a computer problem.
> I had a feeling Miguel was part of our loyal readership. Many are so dedicated to reading in general and spend so much time doing it that they forget how to speak. That is why many don't post even though, as you say, they are dying to do so.
>
> I thought I was ahead of the pack when I first mentioned our readership and their main purpose which is to steal our ideas. My main purpose in posting is to feed their hunger. I want them to steal my ideas - the good ones only - and do something with them because I sure as hell know I won't. I was the first guy to mention our readership and their nefarious intentions. But I was way behind the times limiting my suspicions of thievery to movies and entertainment only. I really set the bar low for myself. I never thought scientists were part of our readership. You have opened my eyes. Now I am suspicious of anyone no matter what field they play in, knowing that our ideas are so far ahead of the times they can be used by many people for many different reasons. I thought the same about Miguel, that he was a lurker. I don't like that word, lurker - it has a negative tone to it. There is nothing negative about our readership. Anyway, I had suspicions about Miguel - his willingness to help me out - but never suspected it was to keep our machinery humming.

They are our guardian angels. Watching but not interfering unless it is for our own good. We have the greatest readership in the world. In fact I bet aliens are reading us too. Wouldn't be surprised if we are not celebrated as Gods on some distant planet. Like Jerry Lewis was in France.

Re: All gone

<6d06de90-7cdb-4aac-98e3-829acc22eae6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=969&group=alt.life.sucks#969

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 11:27:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 18:27 UTC

> They are our guardian angels. Watching but not interfering unless it is for our own good. We have the greatest readership in the world. In fact I bet aliens are reading us too. Wouldn't be surprised if we are not celebrated as Gods on some distant planet. Like Jerry Lewis was in France.

Rejected by our own. Snubbed by the majority. But adored by the few, the proud - the silent readership. This is the way it goes with true artists. We suffer. We live lonely lives. We suffer for our art. We die for our craft. But we come back. We live forever because we are the artists.

Re: All gone

<8b095454-4147-4b03-814b-f0455af14473n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=982&group=alt.life.sucks#982

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!paganini.bofh.team!news.dns-netz.com!news.freedyn.net!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed9.news.xs4all.nl!fdc3.netnews.com!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc2.netnews.com!peer01.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 13:42:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 20:42 UTC

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 2:27:21 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> =
> > They are our guardian angels. Watching but not interfering unless it is for our own good. We have the greatest readership in the world. In fact I bet aliens are reading us too. Wouldn't be surprised if we are not celebrated as Gods on some distant planet. Like Jerry Lewis was in France.
> Rejected by our own. Snubbed by the majority. But adored by the few, the proud - the silent readership. This is the way it goes with true artists. We suffer. We live lonely lives. We suffer for our art. We die for our craft.. But we come back. We live forever because we are the artists.

The digital world is making it all possible. Sure bitcoin is a big deal but in the future copise of our posts will be used as currency to buy everything from toilet paper to lap dances with ape alien hybrids.

Re: All gone

<2d3d2af8-8d88-4a97-b798-28273364bd8fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1004&group=alt.life.sucks#1004

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 21:19:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 04:19 UTC

> The digital world is making it all possible. Sure bitcoin is a big deal but in the future copise of our posts will be used as currency to buy everything from toilet paper to lap dances with ape alien hybrids.

Man, this shit is getting too weird for me - apes and aliens, hybrid creatures, mad scientist shit - I'm not ready for it. This newsgroup is getting too way out for me. Let's tone it down a bit, get back into talking about farts and turds more, not so much the ape alien hybrid connection. The bit coin is another thing I have read about but do not understand, probably because I don't want to understand because I don't need to. Whatever it is, if it's currency somebody's going to get burned.

Right now thought I agree with you, we are probably the most popular yet secretive thing on the web.

Re: All gone

<0aa28f78-d3e5-4a55-b756-54327139026cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1012&group=alt.life.sucks#1012

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 13:21:26 -0700 (PDT)
References: <851f266a-e051-4355-965a-db941350af2an@googlegroups.com> <s9ak2g$1d12$1@neodome.net> <f873d7bb-9334-4c28-850b-bb2e8cbf52c4n@googlegroups.com> <a2812bf8-f929-4047-9b77-814fa9186c5fn@googlegroups.com> <2ac25702-fb5c-4f97-9e55-39d2a1a83d0en@googlegroups.com> <95e908ac-19e4-49df-ad53-859eaa8820een@googlegroups.com> <6d06de90-7cdb-4aac-98e3-829acc22eae6n@googlegroups.com> <8b095454-4147-4b03-814b-f0455af14473n@googlegroups.com> <2d3d2af8-8d88-4a97-b798-28273364bd8fn@googlegroups.com>
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 20:21 UTC

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 12:19:54 AM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > The digital world is making it all possible. Sure bitcoin is a big deal but in the future copise of our posts will be used as currency to buy everything from toilet paper to lap dances with ape alien hybrids.
> Man, this shit is getting too weird for me - apes and aliens, hybrid creatures, mad scientist shit - I'm not ready for it. This newsgroup is getting too way out for me. Let's tone it down a bit, get back into talking about farts and turds more, not so much the ape alien hybrid connection. The bit coin is another thing I have read about but do not understand, probably because I don't want to understand because I don't need to. Whatever it is, if it's currency somebody's going to get burned.
>
> Right now thought I agree with you, we are probably the most popular yet secretive thing on the web.

Lets get shit trending (LGST).

Re: All gone

<9e106a9a-cdd9-47d3-9f7c-bf32e3988612n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1031&group=alt.life.sucks#1031

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 14:25:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 21:25 UTC

> Lets get shit trending (LGST).

Gotta teach our followers all the proper abbreviation - to use as code. And also to change the system every week or so to keep the interpreters off our track. That's how you get caught, using the same code all the time. Are our followers loyal enough to learn a new code every other week? We shall see. This will be the true test of their discipleship.

Re: All gone

<e169d9ea-50ea-49f2-b4b9-4363a756f6b4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1049&group=alt.life.sucks#1049

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 10:37:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 17:37 UTC

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 5:25:04 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Lets get shit trending (LGST).
> Gotta teach our followers all the proper abbreviation - to use as code. And also to change the system every week or so to keep the interpreters off our track. That's how you get caught, using the same code all the time. Are our followers loyal enough to learn a new code every other week? We shall see. This will be the true test of their discipleship.

I am way behind the trends. Is groovy still a thing?

Re: All gone

<e302bc4f-a39a-469b-8083-1eee1ac425dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1065&group=alt.life.sucks#1065

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 14:55:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 21:55 UTC

> I am way behind the trends. Is groovy still a thing?

I don't know. This is too far out for me, man. My mind is blown. Did I tell you the first time I heard "Out of sight" was in Jamaica. I was 17 or so. I heard the expression a lot and thought they were saying, "Out of Psyche." When I finally learned sometime later that it's "Out of sight", not, "Out of psyche", it was almost like when a kid finds out there is no Santa Claus. At first it hurts, but only for a short time. You have learned something. You have also gained the right to tell other kids younger than yourself the same thing - "You mean you actually believe in that shit? Man, grow up, there ain't no Santa Claus" - coming only a day or two after learning it yourself.

Re: All gone

<e15e9724-660f-4d68-9103-bd6107f13ccan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1090&group=alt.life.sucks#1090

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 21:41:15 -0700 (PDT)
References: <851f266a-e051-4355-965a-db941350af2an@googlegroups.com> <s9ak2g$1d12$1@neodome.net> <f873d7bb-9334-4c28-850b-bb2e8cbf52c4n@googlegroups.com> <a2812bf8-f929-4047-9b77-814fa9186c5fn@googlegroups.com> <2ac25702-fb5c-4f97-9e55-39d2a1a83d0en@googlegroups.com> <95e908ac-19e4-49df-ad53-859eaa8820een@googlegroups.com> <6d06de90-7cdb-4aac-98e3-829acc22eae6n@googlegroups.com> <8b095454-4147-4b03-814b-f0455af14473n@googlegroups.com> <2d3d2af8-8d88-4a97-b798-28273364bd8fn@googlegroups.com> <0aa28f78-d3e5-4a55-b756-54327139026cn@googlegroups.com> <9e106a9a-cdd9-47d3-9f7c-bf32e3988612n@googlegroups.com> <e169d9ea-50ea-49f2-b4b9-4363a756f6b4n@googlegroups.com> <e302bc4f-a39a-469b-8083-1eee1ac425dbn@googlegroups.com>
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 04:41 UTC

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 5:55:13 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I am way behind the trends. Is groovy still a thing?
> I don't know. This is too far out for me, man. My mind is blown. Did I tell you the first time I heard "Out of sight" was in Jamaica. I was 17 or so.. I heard the expression a lot and thought they were saying, "Out of Psyche.." When I finally learned sometime later that it's "Out of sight", not, "Out of psyche", it was almost like when a kid finds out there is no Santa Claus. At first it hurts, but only for a short time. You have learned something. You have also gained the right to tell other kids younger than yourself the same thing - "You mean you actually believe in that shit? Man, grow up, there ain't no Santa Claus" - coming only a day or two after learning it yourself.

I did the same with homes. I thought it was Holmes like Sherlock. I was confused to why Mexicans were using his name.

Re: All gone

<d5ec9fe6-e060-4d10-b55d-996a1b701ec3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1102&group=alt.life.sucks#1102

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 13:02:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 20:02 UTC

> I did the same with homes. I thought it was Holmes like Sherlock. I was confused to why Mexicans were using his name.

This was a slick move by the Mexicans. Instead of relying on words to teach you a lesson - as we all have done for many centuries. They resorted to a more primal yet more advanced teaching method. They forced you to investigate the word. Just like Holmes himself would do. That is why they did it, to teach you without words to understand the true brilliance of Sherlock Holmes and that everyone, not just White Anglo hotshots - everyone knows who the Daddy of Deduction was. He was Holmes homie. He was Holmes.

Re: All gone

<027631b4-601d-4282-babb-37ba245f6677n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1116&group=alt.life.sucks#1116

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 16:28:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 23:28 UTC

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 4:02:34 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I did the same with homes. I thought it was Holmes like Sherlock. I was confused to why Mexicans were using his name.
> This was a slick move by the Mexicans. Instead of relying on words to teach you a lesson - as we all have done for many centuries. They resorted to a more primal yet more advanced teaching method. They forced you to investigate the word. Just like Holmes himself would do. That is why they did it, to teach you without words to understand the true brilliance of Sherlock Holmes and that everyone, not just White Anglo hotshots - everyone knows who the Daddy of Deduction was. He was Holmes homie. He was Holmes.

Imagine that I was right. They were invoking Sherlock as a way to say whats up. Like got any new clues. You figure it out yet? What is the answer man. That would have really blown my mind holms.

Re: All gone

<0c2b71dc-fb26-4e58-b39d-e6fb593f46d2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1134&group=alt.life.sucks#1134

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 18:11:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sun, 13 Jun 2021 01:11 UTC

> Imagine that I was right. They were invoking Sherlock as a way to say whats up. Like got any new clues. You figure it out yet? What is the answer man. That would have really blown my mind holms.

Your mistake was a good one. Better than getting it right the first time like most trendoids. You had to learn the hard way. And you did. You have deduced the truth in many things and are ready to rule the world.

Re: All gone

<39355a47-b24e-4663-940a-58551fc5eb47n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1153&group=alt.life.sucks#1153

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 19:47:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 02:47 UTC

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 9:11:13 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Imagine that I was right. They were invoking Sherlock as a way to say whats up. Like got any new clues. You figure it out yet? What is the answer man. That would have really blown my mind holms.
> Your mistake was a good one. Better than getting it right the first time like most trendoids. You had to learn the hard way. And you did. You have deduced the truth in many things and are ready to rule the world.

Yes it took some detective work on my part. But I knew better than to ask a actual homie. I watched movies about the hood. Slowly I saw a pattern to it. They often would be from the same neighborhood. For awhile I wonder why they didn't use 'howdy neighbor' like on the Andy Griffith show.

Re: All gone

<090b2c96-3efe-4c2d-bc00-7410aedf65b8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1173&group=alt.life.sucks#1173

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:46:15 -0700 (PDT)
<e15e9724-660f-4d68-9103-bd6107f13ccan@googlegroups.com> <d5ec9fe6-e060-4d10-b55d-996a1b701ec3n@googlegroups.com>
<027631b4-601d-4282-babb-37ba245f6677n@googlegroups.com> <0c2b71dc-fb26-4e58-b39d-e6fb593f46d2n@googlegroups.com>
<39355a47-b24e-4663-940a-58551fc5eb47n@googlegroups.com>
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 19:46 UTC

> Yes it took some detective work on my part. But I knew better than to ask a actual homie. I watched movies about the hood. Slowly I saw a pattern to it. They often would be from the same neighborhood. For awhile I wonder why they didn't use 'howdy neighbor' like on the Andy Griffith show.

You are learning. Now I'm sure I told you this story before, but because it relates to the topic at hand and I love it so much I'm going to tell it again.

I picked up a girl on the Vine stand one night. She had a British accent. Not the Cockney type either. Sounded aristocratic. Almost anyway. It was a short ride, down Vine to a side street. An apartment. It's dark out.. As we pull up and she's about to exit the cab I notice a group of chicanos standing around near her building. "I'll sit here till you're inside", I told her.

To which she responded in her upper crust British accent, "Oh don't worry - my homeboys will take care of me."

Re: All gone

<edcafae3-73b8-4e60-b50b-99059a14eaecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1177&group=alt.life.sucks#1177

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:23:04 -0700 (PDT)
<39355a47-b24e-4663-940a-58551fc5eb47n@googlegroups.com> <090b2c96-3efe-4c2d-bc00-7410aedf65b8n@googlegroups.com>
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 21:23 UTC

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 3:46:16 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Yes it took some detective work on my part. But I knew better than to ask a actual homie. I watched movies about the hood. Slowly I saw a pattern to it. They often would be from the same neighborhood. For awhile I wonder why they didn't use 'howdy neighbor' like on the Andy Griffith show.
> You are learning. Now I'm sure I told you this story before, but because it relates to the topic at hand and I love it so much I'm going to tell it again.
>
> I picked up a girl on the Vine stand one night. She had a British accent. Not the Cockney type either. Sounded aristocratic. Almost anyway. It was a short ride, down Vine to a side street. An apartment. It's dark out. As we pull up and she's about to exit the cab I notice a group of chicanos standing around near her building. "I'll sit here till you're inside", I told her.
>
> To which she responded in her upper crust British accent, "Oh don't worry - my homeboys will take care of me."

Wonder what she meant by that? Maybe she was a hooker. International type. Flying all over the world fucking for money. Or was it Petula Clark? Or maybe Twiggy. Or Princess Diana before she fucked Charlie. Well you let her go. She walked out of your life into one of homies.

Re: All gone

<f4893222-fe88-45af-a0f3-9f30ed467671n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1196&group=alt.life.sucks#1196

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 21:37:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 15 Jun 2021 04:37 UTC

> Wonder what she meant by that? Maybe she was a hooker. International type.. Flying all over the world fucking for money. Or was it Petula Clark? Or maybe Twiggy. Or Princess Diana before she fucked Charlie. Well you let her go. She walked out of your life into one of homies.

For me the story is a good one because it has a moral of sorts, like don't judge a book by its cover. Her British accent got me. A very limited outlook on my part. I'm seeing the homeboys as a potential problem, but to her they were just neighbors. But with that accent of hers it was funny, the way it came out - "Oh don't worry, my homeboys will take care of me."

Of all the stinking cabs in all the world she walks into mine. Well, no matter what happens we'll always have the Vine Street Homeboys ride.

interests / alt.life.sucks / All gone