To err is human, to purr feline. To err is human, two curs canine. To err is human, to moo bovine.

interests / alt.life.sucks / I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJ

SubjectAuthor
* I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJbosodeniro@gmail.com
`* I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJThomas Joseph
 `* I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJbosodeniro@gmail.com
  +* I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJbosodeniro@gmail.com
  |`* I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJThomas Joseph
  | `* I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJOllieNorthie@aol.com
  |  `- I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJThomas Joseph
  `* I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJThomas Joseph
   `* I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJbosodeniro@gmail.com
    `* I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJThomas Joseph
     `* I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJbosodeniro@gmail.com
      `- I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJThomas Joseph

1
I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJ

<c4eb1aab-d71d-4886-a581-3ca35072992bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=717&group=alt.life.sucks#717

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 10:23:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJ
From: bosoden...@gmail.com (bosodeniro@gmail.com)
 by: bosodeniro@gmail.com - Tue, 1 Jun 2021 17:23 UTC

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/the-most-difficult-actors-to-work-with/ss-AAKy5fx?ocid=msedgntp

Re: I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJ

<c229e54f-3595-4869-8f9b-a5c89483271an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=718&group=alt.life.sucks#718

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 11:13:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 1 Jun 2021 18:13 UTC

bosodeniro@gmail.com wrote:

> https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/the-most-difficult-actors-to-work-with/ss-AAKy5fx?ocid=msedgntp

Bozo, I despise the web format where everything seems to be a lead-in or commercial for something else. I clicked on your link and was taken to the 4 hardest celebrities to work with. I didn't look hard enough to remember if I recognized any of them. I had to scroll down through a bunch of other shit. I just resent the whole setup. Hard to believe people go for it.

Along these same lines, today out of sheer boredom brought on in part by no posts to respond to in this group, I turned to the web for other things and ran into an ad from a guy in a white doctor style coat selling something. I watched with a mix of impatience and masochistic delight for 4 straight minutes and the guy never said anything. It's like a 200 page prologue for a 2 page story - and the 2 pages are buried somewhere in the middle so you can't just zoom to the end to read them.

Anyway, once again I don't know what you wanted us to see here. Was it the 4 hardest celebs to work with or was it something else? I like stories about hard to work with celebrities. I like when they are really way out, the king pins threatening to walk if their demands are not met. I love the masochistic aspect of it - how much others working with them are willing to take before exploding themselves - the entire set full of nothing but uniquely disgruntled artists, each demanding things their way or they walk. And it's the way they say it, "Do this, do that - or I walk." I love when fellow workers put up with it, a mixture of reverence and fear for the production's top stars. Whoa, let me access that link again - see if I can ID those celebs by picture alone.

Ok, I finally found the correct arrow to click on and was taken to what seemed a never ending list of hard to work with celebs. Maybe they're all hard to work with. The only one of the original 4 I recognized by sight was Julia Roberts - another colossal nothing. I sort of recognized the guy next to her but couldn't figure it out. Then I found out it was Dustin Hoffman.. Hoffman is hard to work with, that is more than just speculation. I worked with Dustin twice - off Broadway, early years, long before he became a star. He was respected by everyone he worked with including me but he was a tyrant, very hard to work with. I remember one time our director - a great Broadway director few have heard of, Shel Goldstein - got heavy into it with Dustin, some kind of artistic dispute, and Shel told Dustin, "You do it my way or you walk", and Dustin replied, "Fine, I walk", turning to leave before Shel called him back. We needed him. He was what made our production fly. But we knew he was headed for the cinema. He had the ego for it.. A prima donna. We couldn't wait till our play's run was over so we could be done with Dustin. "Please Hollywood, take him", was the rallying cry of struggling actors both on Broadway and off. He was a tyrant but we knew he was destined for greatness - and the rest is history.

Re: I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJ

<755cfe17-f3d5-446e-b5ac-7d40527ced28n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=748&group=alt.life.sucks#748

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 03:31:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: bosoden...@gmail.com (bosodeniro@gmail.com)
 by: bosodeniro@gmail.com - Wed, 2 Jun 2021 10:31 UTC

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 11:13:45 AM UTC-7, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> Ok, I finally found the correct arrow to click on and was taken to what seemed a never ending list of hard to work with celebs. Maybe they're all hard to work with. The only one of the original 4 I recognized by sight was Julia Roberts - another colossal nothing. I sort of recognized the guy next to her but couldn't figure it out. Then I found out it was Dustin Hoffman. Hoffman is hard to work with, that is more than just speculation. I worked with Dustin twice - off Broadway, early years, long before he became a star.. He was respected by everyone he worked with including me but he was a tyrant, very hard to work with. I remember one time our director - a great Broadway director few have heard of, Shel Goldstein - got heavy into it with Dustin, some kind of artistic dispute, and Shel told Dustin, "You do it my way or you walk", and Dustin replied, "Fine, I walk", turning to leave before Shel called him back. We needed him. He was what made our production fly. But we knew he was headed for the cinema. He had the ego for it. A prima donna. We couldn't wait till our play's run was over so we could be done with Dustin. "Please Hollywood, take him", was the rallying cry of struggling actors both on Broadway and off. He was a tyrant but we knew he was destined for greatness - and the rest is history.

You do know I'm joking and never expected you to read it let alone discuss it. And it's hard to tell whether you're bull shiting or not about any personal history with somebody or not either. I gotta hand it to you though. your "typing" has a way of concealing or revealng all kinds of bull shit — I just can't tell if your bullshit is true or not. In any case, it does remind me of when I ran into him myself when I was hitchhiking in the army in Monterey during the Vietnam war. I think we got high and discussed trading places but didn't go much beyond that ;-)) .

Re: I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJ

<93cedd0c-693c-4fea-8737-c26c3dd08044n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=763&group=alt.life.sucks#763

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 12:12:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: bosoden...@gmail.com (bosodeniro@gmail.com)
 by: bosodeniro@gmail.com - Wed, 2 Jun 2021 19:12 UTC

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 3:31:59 AM UTC-7, bosodeniro@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> You do know I'm joking and never expected you to read it let alone discuss it. And it's hard to tell whether you're bull shiting or not about any personal history with somebody or not either. I gotta hand it to you though. your "typing" has a way of concealing or revealng all kinds of bull shit — I just can't tell if your bullshit is true or not. In any case, it does remind me of when I ran into him myself when I was hitchhiking in the army in Monterey during the Vietnam war. I think we got high and discussed trading places but didn't go much beyond that ;-)) .

I can tell this topic really resonates with you as does anything to do with celebrities and glory-seeking and can't keep your eyes from being drawn in, so here's another link to keep you occupied and away from children:

https://www.askdailyquiz.com/article/where-everybody-knows-your-name-the-ultimate-cheers-quiz?utm_source=push&utm_medium=pushnoitification&utm_campaign=cheers_push

Re: I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJ

<452b65f3-4cd0-4d83-9ba6-9a0d180b4e19n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=765&group=alt.life.sucks#765

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 12:21:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 2 Jun 2021 19:21 UTC

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 6:31:59 AM UTC-4, bosodeniro@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> You do know I'm joking and never expected you to read it let alone discuss it. And it's hard to tell whether you're bull shiting or not about any personal history with somebody or not either. I gotta hand it to you though. your "typing" has a way of concealing or revealng all kinds of bull shit — I just can't tell if your bullshit is true or not. In any case, it does remind me of when I ran into him myself when I was hitchhiking in the army in Monterey during the Vietnam war. I think we got high and discussed trading places but didn't go much beyond that ;-)) .

I think it's pretty obvious when I'm handing out fiction vs the truth. And I told you before, I do not lie. For instance, if you were to ask me if something I said is true or just a joke I'm going to give you the truth. I do not like misleading people. It is not my thing. You are talking about Hoffman, right? No, never met the man. I really did not recognize him in that photo. He looked familiar but I couldn't nail it. I had no idea your purpose for sending the link but I clicked on it and got what I got out of it so there's no big deal to any of it. Overall though, even though I am not a big reader either way, I really find reading stuff on the web is taxing. I mean all the time in place of paper - I don't go for it. But the convenience is great.

Re: I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJ

<3089d92a-8b2e-4946-acc3-4e11497e8b18n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=766&group=alt.life.sucks#766

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 12:28:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 2 Jun 2021 19:28 UTC

> I can tell this topic really resonates with you as does anything to do with celebrities and glory-seeking and can't keep your eyes from being drawn in, so here's another link to keep you occupied and away from children:

I would never take that quiz. Cheers was not one of my favorite shows but it was only half and hour and easy to take. Some of the characters were ok and the writing was hit and miss, mostly miss. Some of the characters were ok. Taxi, same thing. Writing was hit and miss, mostly miss, but it had some good characters. Without the DePalma and Reverend Jim character I don't think the show would have made it. But what do I know? I'm the guy who said "This show ain't going anywhere", the first time I saw Starchy and Hutch, then it went on to run for years. And by the way, I am not drawn in by everything to do with celebrities. If they are good in some way I will discuss the relative merit of their talents. If they suck they are dead to me, unless they die for real, at which time their death brings them and me back springing back to life.

Re: I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJ

<d63576bc-2e2a-43ff-bab5-d2e94589a3d3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=794&group=alt.life.sucks#794

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 14:08:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Thu, 3 Jun 2021 21:08 UTC

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 3:28:19 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I can tell this topic really resonates with you as does anything to do with celebrities and glory-seeking and can't keep your eyes from being drawn in, so here's another link to keep you occupied and away from children:
> I would never take that quiz. Cheers was not one of my favorite shows but it was only half and hour and easy to take. Some of the characters were ok and the writing was hit and miss, mostly miss. Some of the characters were ok. Taxi, same thing. Writing was hit and miss, mostly miss, but it had some good characters. Without the DePalma and Reverend Jim character I don't think the show would have made it. But what do I know? I'm the guy who said "This show ain't going anywhere", the first time I saw Starchy and Hutch, then it went on to run for years. And by the way, I am not drawn in by everything to do with celebrities. If they are good in some way I will discuss the relative merit of their talents. If they suck they are dead to me, unless they die for real, at which time their death brings them and me back springing back to life.

I was bad at picking winners and losers of TV shows. I often liked shows which did not last long. One trick for a show was a good time slot. Like that Friends crap being on before Seinfeld.

Re: I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJ

<c455890c-610e-4f1a-9a67-02bfb52ce71en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=804&group=alt.life.sucks#804

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 15:38:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Fri, 4 Jun 2021 22:38 UTC

> I was bad at picking winners and losers of TV shows. I often liked shows which did not last long. One trick for a show was a good time slot. Like that Friends crap being on before Seinfeld.

Believe it or not I never saw an episode of Seinfeld till it went into syndication. I am not sure if Friends always came on before Seinfeld because I wasn't into it at that time. I'm sure some idiots actually liked Friends. I was not one of them. It sucked. Bad. But in syndication, yes, for a long while there it did come on before Seinfeld on some channels. I couldn't get into it at all. I liked Seinfeld though. I didn't do it on purpose - not watch Seinfeld while it was airing in real time, although I probably hesitated because it was popular with other people. I watched the big finale everyone was talking about. Oh the suspense. But I was unfair with the finale because I could not relate to any of the characters having never seen it. But later one night I surfed into an episode and I liked what I saw. I have done this with other shows. Not on purpose, just didn't watch them when they were out. Good to have some older shit hanging around so you can watch it like it's new while others who have already seen it are moping around crying for new stuff.

Hold onto the old and make it new

Re: I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJ

<7ff05ede-7e0d-4022-88ee-cbab0f3e62ccn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=841&group=alt.life.sucks#841

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 04:57:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: bosoden...@gmail.com (bosodeniro@gmail.com)
 by: bosodeniro@gmail.com - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 11:57 UTC

TJ, Tommy, Joseph, how can you say what you just said above "I think it's pretty obvious when I'm handing out fiction vs the truth. And I told you before, I do not lie. For instance, if you were to ask me if something I said is true or just a joke I'm going to give you the truth. I do not like misleading people." and then in the next line say "It is not my thing. You are talking about Hoffman, right? No, never met the man."

Does that sound normal or like a discontinuity to you?

Re: I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJ

<7abdc8e0-c94a-47b3-b566-5dab0eddb38dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=844&group=alt.life.sucks#844

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 11:58:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 18:58 UTC

On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 7:57:56 AM UTC-4, bosodeniro@gmail.com wrote:
> TJ, Tommy, Joseph, how can you say what you just said above "I think it's pretty obvious when I'm handing out fiction vs the truth. And I told you before, I do not lie. For instance, if you were to ask me if something I said is true or just a joke I'm going to give you the truth. I do not like misleading people." and then in the next line say "It is not my thing. You are talking about Hoffman, right? No, never met the man."
>
> Does that sound normal or like a discontinuity to you?

Ah, the old Bozo ploy of asking a question to appeal to the egos of other people just to continue a conversation that was dead before it started. I had to google discontinuity just to make sure I had it right. I did. But I don't see it. And I don't think you do either. I think you go out of your way to find conflict. I said I don't lie. I don't see any discontinuity in saying "You talking about Hoffman, right? Never met the man." It's true. And I did not recognize him from that photo. Only after I saw his name did I say, "Oh yeah, Hoffman", because I saw the resemblance. But I don't get into many movies anymore. They took away TCM on my cable service - upped it to another tier. I have not been to a movie theater in 20 years. Before that I went a good 10 years before getting back into it once a week just for something to do, mainly the long walk there - an excuse to exercise. I will occasionally see a movie on TV that I've never seen before. I saw "No Country for Old Men" that way. And I liked it. What exactly is your problem Bozo?

Why are you picking on me?

Re: I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJ

<2af82749-0f37-4dcd-860b-24b3bf4e9614n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=891&group=alt.life.sucks#891

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 01:33:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: bosoden...@gmail.com (bosodeniro@gmail.com)
 by: bosodeniro@gmail.com - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 08:33 UTC

On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 11:58:55 AM UTC-7, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 7:57:56 AM UTC-4, bosod...@gmail.com wrote:
> > TJ, Tommy, Joseph, how can you say what you just said above "I think it's pretty obvious when I'm handing out fiction vs the truth. And I told you before, I do not lie. For instance, if you were to ask me if something I said is true or just a joke I'm going to give you the truth. I do not like misleading people." and then in the next line say "It is not my thing. You are talking about Hoffman, right? No, never met the man."
> >
> > Does that sound normal or like a discontinuity to you?
> Ah, the old Bozo ploy of asking a question to appeal to the egos of other people just to continue a conversation that was dead before it started. I had to google discontinuity just to make sure I had it right. I did. But I don't see it. And I don't think you do either. I think you go out of your way to find conflict. I said I don't lie. I don't see any discontinuity in saying "You talking about Hoffman, right? Never met the man." It's true. And I did not recognize him from that photo. Only after I saw his name did I say, "Oh yeah, Hoffman", because I saw the resemblance. But I don't get into many movies anymore. They took away TCM on my cable service - upped it to another tier. I have not been to a movie theater in 20 years. Before that I went a good 10 years before getting back into it once a week just for something to do, mainly the long walk there - an excuse to exercise. I will occasionally see a movie on TV that I've never seen before. I saw "No Country for Old Men" that way. And I liked it. What exactly is your problem Bozo?
>
> Why are you picking on me?

Oh I'm sorry TJ. My bad. You're perfectly okay. Nothing wrong with you.

Re: I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJ

<b4abe2e1-0f9b-4a9d-8ced-6500e53133f8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=897&group=alt.life.sucks#897

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 13:53:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 20:53 UTC

> Oh I'm sorry TJ. My bad. You're perfectly okay. Nothing wrong with you.

Thanks Doc. And to think most people told me psychiatrists don't know what they're talking about. Doc, you're the greatest.

interests / alt.life.sucks / I got a telepathic request to post this from ollie and TJ