The words fly away, the writings remain.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: OT extra phone listing

SubjectAuthor
* OT extra phone listinggfretwell
+* OT extra phone listingEd Pawlowski
`* OT extra phone listingangelica...@yahoo.com
 +* OT extra phone listingEd Pawlowski
 |+- OT extra phone listinggfretwell
 |+- OT extra phone listingClare Snyder
 |`- OT extra phone listingmicky
 `- OT extra phone listingmicky

1
Re: OT extra phone listing

<v4g0jg9af3vfskdv9er61u3j6jm7vbd9o9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6904&group=alt.home.repair#6904

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: OT extra phone listing
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 23:17:44 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 03:17 UTC

On Wed, 01 Sep 2021 17:49:11 -0400, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com>
wrote:

>Should I put an added entry for myself in 411.com, switchboard.com, etc.
>
>I know one advantage. There may be more and I don't know the
>disadvantages.
>
>I used to have a home phone listing without an address, but I've never
>had or wanted an unlisted number. I'm happy to have people find me,
>especially now that the statute of limitations has expired.
>
>I was listed under my legal name but I paid a dollar a month for a
>listing under the name people call. That is, Micky, in addition to
>Montesquieu.
>
>When phone books went away, I hoped the second listing would continue
>online but it hasn't.
>
>One can add a listing for free. But should I?
>
>What can go wrong?
>
>Will I get more spam calls? Or do they just dial sequentially? Or get
>numbers from other sources?
>
>Are there other reasons not to list myself again?
>
>Are there more reasons to put the listing in? Will I get more chances
>to win the Publishers Clearing House prize?
>

>This is labeled OT becuse it's not a cellphone, but I figured you guys
>are *the* authorities on all thing phone-related.

All listing does is give the phone scammer a name so they can sound
more legitimate. Nobody has my cell number and it is off most of the
time but when I turn it on I still get calls about the expired
warranty on my car and my credit card rates. Those have to be robo
dialers.

I do get crap now and then by people who insist on having my cell and
I just say I don't have one. If they get shitty after that I take my
money somewhere else. Sometimes I give them the landline tho. Try
texting that, bitch.
I am sort of surprised the land line company doesn't have a text to
speech app tho.

Re: OT extra phone listing

<pOXXI.10623$6U3.1804@fx43.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6912&group=alt.home.repair#6912

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 23:46:28 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 03:46 UTC

On 9/1/2021 11:17 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Sep 2021 17:49:11 -0400, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Should I put an added entry for myself in 411.com, switchboard.com, etc.
>>
>> I know one advantage. There may be more and I don't know the
>> disadvantages.
>>
>> I used to have a home phone listing without an address, but I've never
>> had or wanted an unlisted number. I'm happy to have people find me,
>> especially now that the statute of limitations has expired.
>>
>> I was listed under my legal name but I paid a dollar a month for a
>> listing under the name people call. That is, Micky, in addition to
>> Montesquieu.
>>
>> When phone books went away, I hoped the second listing would continue
>> online but it hasn't.
>>
>> One can add a listing for free. But should I?
>>
>> What can go wrong?
>>
>> Will I get more spam calls? Or do they just dial sequentially? Or get
>> numbers from other sources?
>>
>> Are there other reasons not to list myself again?
>>
>> Are there more reasons to put the listing in? Will I get more chances
>> to win the Publishers Clearing House prize?
>>

>> This is labeled OT becuse it's not a cellphone, but I figured you guys
>> are *the* authorities on all thing phone-related.
>
> All listing does is give the phone scammer a name so they can sound
> more legitimate. Nobody has my cell number and it is off most of the
> time but when I turn it on I still get calls about the expired
> warranty on my car and my credit card rates. Those have to be robo
> dialers.
>
> I do get crap now and then by people who insist on having my cell and
> I just say I don't have one. If they get shitty after that I take my
> money somewhere else. Sometimes I give them the landline tho. Try
> texting that, bitch.
> I am sort of surprised the land line company doesn't have a text to
> speech app tho.

My cell has the CT area code from when I got it 20 years ago. I get
calls for assorted CT things like solar panels and such. I give them
the phone for the police station of my former town. I also have a few
different names I give them too.

Seems a few have my home and cell number programed into their system and
they hang up on me now. Many will curse me out after I play with them
too.

Tonight was the vacation for Hilton Resorts. It was eight days and
seven nights. A list of places I could go. I asked if I could do the
eight days in Las Vegas and then the seven nights in Cancun.

Then the Amazon charge of $799. That is a legitimate charge. It is a
gift for you mother because she gave me a great BJ yesterday.

If I waste their time some poor sicker may not be called.

Re: OT extra phone listing

<alk0jgdn89pcu2j0q4hkhe2cjruopasq7u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6919&group=alt.home.repair#6919

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 00:39:26 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 04:39 UTC

On Wed, 1 Sep 2021 23:46:28 -0400, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 9/1/2021 11:17 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>> On Wed, 01 Sep 2021 17:49:11 -0400, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Should I put an added entry for myself in 411.com, switchboard.com, etc.
>>>
>>> I know one advantage. There may be more and I don't know the
>>> disadvantages.
>>>
>>> I used to have a home phone listing without an address, but I've never
>>> had or wanted an unlisted number. I'm happy to have people find me,
>>> especially now that the statute of limitations has expired.
>>>
>>> I was listed under my legal name but I paid a dollar a month for a
>>> listing under the name people call. That is, Micky, in addition to
>>> Montesquieu.
>>>
>>> When phone books went away, I hoped the second listing would continue
>>> online but it hasn't.
>>>
>>> One can add a listing for free. But should I?
>>>
>>> What can go wrong?
>>>
>>> Will I get more spam calls? Or do they just dial sequentially? Or get
>>> numbers from other sources?
>>>
>>> Are there other reasons not to list myself again?
>>>
>>> Are there more reasons to put the listing in? Will I get more chances
>>> to win the Publishers Clearing House prize?
>>>

>>> This is labeled OT becuse it's not a cellphone, but I figured you guys
>>> are *the* authorities on all thing phone-related.
>>
>> All listing does is give the phone scammer a name so they can sound
>> more legitimate. Nobody has my cell number and it is off most of the
>> time but when I turn it on I still get calls about the expired
>> warranty on my car and my credit card rates. Those have to be robo
>> dialers.
>>
>> I do get crap now and then by people who insist on having my cell and
>> I just say I don't have one. If they get shitty after that I take my
>> money somewhere else. Sometimes I give them the landline tho. Try
>> texting that, bitch.
>> I am sort of surprised the land line company doesn't have a text to
>> speech app tho.
>>

>My cell has the CT area code from when I got it 20 years ago. I get
>calls for assorted CT things like solar panels and such. I give them
>the phone for the police station of my former town. I also have a few
>different names I give them too.
>
>Seems a few have my home and cell number programed into their system and
>they hang up on me now. Many will curse me out after I play with them
>too.
>
>Tonight was the vacation for Hilton Resorts. It was eight days and
>seven nights. A list of places I could go. I asked if I could do the
>eight days in Las Vegas and then the seven nights in Cancun.
>
>Then the Amazon charge of $799. That is a legitimate charge. It is a
>gift for you mother because she gave me a great BJ yesterday.
>
>If I waste their time some poor sicker may not be called.

If you call my house you better say something I care about right away.
I seldom get far enough to know what they are selling. When I hear
that unmistakable click/thump when they pick up the call from the robo
dialer I hang up.
The only thing I will do if I am feeling whimsical and someone calls
me Gregory is the Lebowski gag.
"Nobody calls me Gregory, I'm the Dude ... yada yada"
They usually hang up right away but I got all the way to the end and
the guy on the phone said "OK Dude, the reason I called ..."
I listened to him a while and said No.

Re: OT extra phone listing

<28452a08-af17-48b8-a6a7-fa1427db3ddbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6961&group=alt.home.repair#6961

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 06:50:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: angelica...@yahoo.com (angelica...@yahoo.com)
 by: angelica...@yahoo.co - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 13:50 UTC

On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 11:17:25 PM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

> All listing does is give the phone scammer a name so they can sound
> more legitimate. Nobody has my cell number and it is off most of the
> time but when I turn it on I still get calls about the expired
> warranty on my car and my credit card rates. Those have to be robo
> dialers.

I've been getting calls about help in paying off my student loans. At
any rate, the ones that leave a voice mail often mention that. Always good
for a laugh.

I don't answer the phone if the Id shows something weird. Yesterday I
got a call allegedly from Honolulu. Sometimes they're trickier, and
spoof my exchange so it looks like they're local.

Cindy Hamilton

Re: OT extra phone listing

<Kg6YI.9124$rsCb.5467@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6993&group=alt.home.repair#6993

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 11:41:30 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 15:41 UTC

On 9/2/2021 9:50 AM, angelica...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 11:17:25 PM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
>
>> All listing does is give the phone scammer a name so they can sound
>> more legitimate. Nobody has my cell number and it is off most of the
>> time but when I turn it on I still get calls about the expired
>> warranty on my car and my credit card rates. Those have to be robo
>> dialers.
>
> I've been getting calls about help in paying off my student loans. At
> any rate, the ones that leave a voice mail often mention that. Always good
> for a laugh.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

They don't even question that I still owe for student loans even though
I graduated in 1967.

Re: OT extra phone listing

<b492jghcc4fk395163jra6tr9dke4ilm5g@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7031&group=alt.home.repair#7031

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 15:23:57 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 19:23 UTC

On Thu, 2 Sep 2021 11:41:30 -0400, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 9/2/2021 9:50 AM, angelica...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 11:17:25 PM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
>>
>>> All listing does is give the phone scammer a name so they can sound
>>> more legitimate. Nobody has my cell number and it is off most of the
>>> time but when I turn it on I still get calls about the expired
>>> warranty on my car and my credit card rates. Those have to be robo
>>> dialers.
>>
>> I've been getting calls about help in paying off my student loans. At
>> any rate, the ones that leave a voice mail often mention that. Always good
>> for a laugh.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>They don't even question that I still owe for student loans even though
>I graduated in 1967.

I never had a student loan. Back in my day we had to pay in advance
and there were no loans I ever heard of.

Re: OT extra phone listing

<hgi2jg5t48kurqn413bol18kb0hm9tebll@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7055&group=alt.home.repair#7055

From: cla...@snyder.on.ca (Clare Snyder)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 18:04:40 -0400
 by: Clare Snyder - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 22:04 UTC

On Thu, 2 Sep 2021 11:41:30 -0400, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 9/2/2021 9:50 AM, angelica...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 11:17:25 PM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
>>
>>> All listing does is give the phone scammer a name so they can sound
>>> more legitimate. Nobody has my cell number and it is off most of the
>>> time but when I turn it on I still get calls about the expired
>>> warranty on my car and my credit card rates. Those have to be robo
>>> dialers.
>>
>> I've been getting calls about help in paying off my student loans. At
>> any rate, the ones that leave a voice mail often mention that. Always good
>> for a laugh.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>They don't even question that I still owe for student loans even though
>I graduated in 1967.
And I never HAD a student loan because back then my Dad was self
employed and deemed able to finance my education - - - I ended up
paying my own way.

Re: OT extra phone listing

<m7j3jg9jgldljrmgnk34bl1ncorpdloba4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7102&group=alt.home.repair#7102

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 03:22:13 -0400
 by: micky - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 07:22 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 2 Sep 2021 06:50:33 -0700 (PDT),
"angelica...@yahoo.com" <angelicapaganelli@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 11:17:25 PM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
>
>> All listing does is give the phone scammer a name so they can sound
>> more legitimate. Nobody has my cell number and it is off most of the
>> time but when I turn it on I still get calls about the expired
>> warranty on my car and my credit card rates. Those have to be robo
>> dialers.
>
>I've been getting calls about help in paying off my student loans. At
>any rate, the ones that leave a voice mail often mention that. Always good
>for a laugh.
>
>I don't answer the phone if the Id shows something weird. Yesterday I
>got a call allegedly from Honolulu. Sometimes they're trickier, and
>spoof my exchange so it looks like they're local.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I get a lot of calls from my local exchange. But they're all spam.
Everyone I know who lives nearby doesn't have that exchange.

Re: OT extra phone listing

<j9j3jg9k48h0vqeglbn2v1n4ctk6aj5nh4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7103&group=alt.home.repair#7103

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 03:22:53 -0400
 by: micky - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 07:22 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 2 Sep 2021 11:41:30 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
<esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 9/2/2021 9:50 AM, angelica...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 11:17:25 PM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
>>
>>> All listing does is give the phone scammer a name so they can sound
>>> more legitimate. Nobody has my cell number and it is off most of the
>>> time but when I turn it on I still get calls about the expired
>>> warranty on my car and my credit card rates. Those have to be robo
>>> dialers.
>>
>> I've been getting calls about help in paying off my student loans. At
>> any rate, the ones that leave a voice mail often mention that. Always good
>> for a laugh.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>They don't even question that I still owe for student loans even though
>I graduated in 1967.

You're a slow pay.

Maybe you were in jail for 50 years.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: OT extra phone listing