"The way of the world is to praise dead saints and prosecute live ones." -- Nathaniel Howe

interests / soc.culture.china / Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concern

SubjectAuthor
* Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concernRusty Wyse
+* Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concernwog wacker
|`* Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concernltlee1
| `* Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concernwog wacker
|  +* Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concernltlee1
|  |`* Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concernRusty Wyse
|  | `* Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concernwog wacker
|  |  `- Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concernRusty Wyse
|  `- Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concernRusty Wyse
`- Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concernodear

1
Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concern

<cc4ac9a3-8902-457e-b436-46987af6bdffn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6711&group=soc.culture.china#6711

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 10:09:24 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concern
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Tue, 9 Nov 2021 18:09 UTC

Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concern

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/satellite-images-of-mockup-us-navy-ships-in-china-spark-concern/vi-AAQtMYC?ocid=msedgntp

Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concern

<57698d2f-efb8-4acd-ba87-b58092b0bd63n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6729&group=soc.culture.china#6729

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 00:43:56 -0800 (PST)
From: wogwac...@gmail.com (wog wacker)
 by: wog wacker - Wed, 10 Nov 2021 08:43 UTC

On Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 6:09:25 PM UTC, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:
> Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concern
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/satellite-images-of-mockup-us-navy-ships-in-china-spark-concern/vi-AAQtMYC?ocid=msedgntp

That's a fixed target. An actual carrier will be a moving and snaking about, more difficult to hit. Still, it makes the Americans scared shit. This shows how deep Sinophobia is running among the Americans.

Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concern

<26a0ea4e-e255-4394-884b-c88f2d0d19ffn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6771&group=soc.culture.china#6771

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 07:14:05 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 15:14 UTC

On Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 8:43:57 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 6:09:25 PM UTC, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concern
> >
> > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/satellite-images-of-mockup-us-navy-ships-in-china-spark-concern/vi-AAQtMYC?ocid=msedgntp
> That's a fixed target. An actual carrier will be a moving and snaking about, more difficult to hit. Still, it makes the Americans scared shit. This shows how deep Sinophobia is running among the Americans.
Actually, the site was set up to simulate carrier battle group movement while under missile attack.
"其实啊,这个试验设施,今年10月的珠海航展上就已经由航天科技集团公开展示了模型,当时列车长就给它起了个名字叫“旱地行舟”。
这个典故呢,当然说的就是1453年攻占君士坦丁堡的时候土耳其人用原木垫路,把战舰运进黑海的故事了。
当然今天的“旱地行舟”和15世纪肯定不是一回事,咱们根据现在已经公开的信息可以做一些分析。
首先,我们在沙漠里修建的这个轨道很有讲究,它的长度约为100公里,其中前面是一段直线段,在接近末段的地方突然有一个S型弯道,这个S弯的长度约为20公里。"
https://user.guancha.cn/main/content?id=630391
But the intriguing question is "Why Now."
The model of set up was on exhibition during the Zhuhai Exhibition weeks ago.
Yet no reporting until Biden's domestic weakness is becoming clear and the
administration had walked back from its commitment to defend Taiwan. Did the
US government "leak" the information to bolster China threat to keep its anti-China
posture?

Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concern

<smjhif$v74$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6775&group=soc.culture.china#6775

From: ode...@odear.com (odear)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 00:49:17 +0800
 by: odear - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 16:49 UTC

A plane is a master of the sea. A plane is a air control and even managing
the air and sea war too.

Therefore, massive number of nuclear drones will be needed to destroy no
only aircraft carrier and warships but also of US's first islands too.

"Rusty Wyse" wrote in message

Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concern

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/satellite-images-of-mockup-us-navy-ships-in-china-spark-concern/vi-AAQtMYC?ocid=msedgnt

Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concern

<878afb24-8e82-4752-ad2a-2fa31b5f7907n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6808&group=soc.culture.china#6808

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 00:43:06 -0800 (PST)
From: wogwac...@gmail.com (wog wacker)
 by: wog wacker - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 08:43 UTC

On Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 3:14:07 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 8:43:57 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> > On Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 6:09:25 PM UTC, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concern
> > >
> > > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/satellite-images-of-mockup-us-navy-ships-in-china-spark-concern/vi-AAQtMYC?ocid=msedgntp
> > That's a fixed target. An actual carrier will be a moving and snaking about, more difficult to hit. Still, it makes the Americans scared shit. This shows how deep Sinophobia is running among the Americans.
> Actually, the site was set up to simulate carrier battle group movement while under missile attack.
> "其实啊,这个试验设施,今年10月的珠海航展上就已经由航天科技集团公开展示了模型,当时列车长就给它起了个名字叫“旱地行舟”。
> 这个典故呢,当然说的就是1453年攻占君士坦丁堡的时候土耳其人用原木垫路,把战舰运进黑海的故事了。
> 当然今天的“旱地行舟”和15世纪肯定不是一回事,咱们根据现在已经公开的信息可以做一些分析。
> 首先,我们在沙漠里修建的这个轨道很有讲究,它的长度约为100公里,其中前面是一段直线段,在接近末段的地方突然有一个S型弯道,这个S弯的长度约为20公里。"
> https://user.guancha.cn/main/content?id=630391
>
> But the intriguing question is "Why Now."
> The model of set up was on exhibition during the Zhuhai Exhibition weeks ago.
> Yet no reporting until Biden's domestic weakness is becoming clear and the
> administration had walked back from its commitment to defend Taiwan. Did the
> US government "leak" the information to bolster China threat to keep its anti-China
> posture?
Simulate a carrier battle group? But there's only one carrier.
Unless the missile depends on visual image to home-in on the target, the physical form of the target is immaterial. Assuming the Beidou can track the changing co-ordinates of the target, using a big moving ship on sea would give a more realistic simulation.

Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concern

<ad07f883-b8af-439a-a331-04293edd7ef1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6809&group=soc.culture.china#6809

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 07:22:03 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 15:22 UTC

On Friday, November 12, 2021 at 8:43:08 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> On Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 3:14:07 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:

> > > That's a fixed target. An actual carrier will be a moving and snaking about, more difficult to hit. Still, it makes the Americans scared shit. This shows how deep Sinophobia is running among the Americans.
> > Actually, the site was set up to simulate carrier battle group movement while under missile attack.
> > "其实啊,这个试验设施,今年10月的珠海航展上就已经由航天科技集团公开展示了模型,当时列车长就给它起了个名字叫“旱地行舟”。
> > 这个典故呢,当然说的就是1453年攻占君士坦丁堡的时候土耳其人用原木垫路,把战舰运进黑海的故事了。
> > 当然今天的“旱地行舟”和15世纪肯定不是一回事,咱们根据现在已经公开的信息可以做一些分析。
> > 首先,我们在沙漠里修建的这个轨道很有讲究,它的长度约为100公里,其中前面是一段直线段,在接近末段的地方突然有一个S型弯道,这个S弯的长度约为20公里。"
> > https://user.guancha.cn/main/content?id=630391
> >
> > But the intriguing question is "Why Now."
> > The model of set up was on exhibition during the Zhuhai Exhibition weeks ago.
> > Yet no reporting until Biden's domestic weakness is becoming clear and the
> > administration had walked back from its commitment to defend Taiwan. Did the
> > US government "leak" the information to bolster China threat to keep its anti-China
> > posture?
> Simulate a carrier battle group? But there's only one carrier.
> Unless the missile depends on visual image to home-in on the target, the physical form of the target is immaterial. Assuming the Beidou can track the changing co-ordinates of the target, using a big moving ship on sea would give a more realistic simulation.
Of course you are right.
Please continue your thought. What next? And next...

Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concern

<585b34a3-708e-49d5-a39a-cb209a884938n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6813&group=soc.culture.china#6813

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 09:37:35 -0800 (PST)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 17:37 UTC

On Friday, November 12, 2021 at 12:43:08 AM UTC-8, wog wacker wrote:
> On Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 3:14:07 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:

> > > That's a fixed target. An actual carrier will be a moving and snaking about, more difficult to hit. Still, it makes the Americans scared shit. This shows how deep Sinophobia is running among the Americans.
> > Actually, the site was set up to simulate carrier battle group movement while under missile attack.
> > "其实啊,这个试验设施,今年10月的珠海航展上就已经由航天科技集团公开展示了模型,当时列车长就给它起了个名字叫“旱地行舟”。
> > 这个典故呢,当然说的就是1453年攻占君士坦丁堡的时候土耳其人用原木垫路,把战舰运进黑海的故事了。
> > 当然今天的“旱地行舟”和15世纪肯定不是一回事,咱们根据现在已经公开的信息可以做一些分析。
> > 首先,我们在沙漠里修建的这个轨道很有讲究,它的长度约为100公里,其中前面是一段直线段,在接近末段的地方突然有一个S型弯道,这个S弯的长度约为20公里。"
> > https://user.guancha.cn/main/content?id=630391
> >
> > But the intriguing question is "Why Now."
> > The model of set up was on exhibition during the Zhuhai Exhibition weeks ago.
> > Yet no reporting until Biden's domestic weakness is becoming clear and the
> > administration had walked back from its commitment to defend Taiwan. Did the
> > US government "leak" the information to bolster China threat to keep its anti-China
> > posture?
> Simulate a carrier battle group? But there's only one carrier.
One or many... It's the same shape. You see one, you see all!!!
> Unless the missile depends on visual image to home-in on the target,
Yes...
> the physical form of the target is immaterial.
How else would you tell whether its a aircraft carrier or a fishing boat?
> Assuming the Beidou can track the changing co-ordinates of the target,
Of course they can... otherwise, it's useless...
> using a big moving ship on sea would give a more realistic simulation.
No need for actual ships...
The shape of the ship will do it...
Computers and systems analysts are as good as human eyes...

Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concern

<8078579f-a0c6-49ff-8f0e-7e3070f8ad0bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6814&group=soc.culture.china#6814

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 09:39:12 -0800 (PST)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 17:39 UTC

On Friday, November 12, 2021 at 7:22:05 AM UTC-8, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Friday, November 12, 2021 at 8:43:08 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:

> > > Actually, the site was set up to simulate carrier battle group movement while under missile attack.
> > > "其实啊,这个试验设施,今年10月的珠海航展上就已经由航天科技集团公开展示了模型,当时列车长就给它起了个名字叫“旱地行舟”。
> > > 这个典故呢,当然说的就是1453年攻占君士坦丁堡的时候土耳其人用原木垫路,把战舰运进黑海的故事了。
> > > 当然今天的“旱地行舟”和15世纪肯定不是一回事,咱们根据现在已经公开的信息可以做一些分析。
> > > 首先,我们在沙漠里修建的这个轨道很有讲究,它的长度约为100公里,其中前面是一段直线段,在接近末段的地方突然有一个S型弯道,这个S弯的长度约为20公里。"
> > > https://user.guancha.cn/main/content?id=630391
> > >
> > > But the intriguing question is "Why Now."
> > > The model of set up was on exhibition during the Zhuhai Exhibition weeks ago.
> > > Yet no reporting until Biden's domestic weakness is becoming clear and the
> > > administration had walked back from its commitment to defend Taiwan. Did the
> > > US government "leak" the information to bolster China threat to keep its anti-China
> > > posture?
> > Simulate a carrier battle group? But there's only one carrier.
> > Unless the missile depends on visual image to home-in on the target, the physical form of the target is immaterial. Assuming the Beidou can track the changing co-ordinates of the target, using a big moving ship on sea would give a more realistic simulation.
> Of course you are right.
No, he is NOT right. He is a man without computer knowledge!!!!
> Please continue your thought. What next? And next...

Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concern

<eeb07369-ac8a-4389-b457-f7c56fef6cden@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6832&group=soc.culture.china#6832

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 20:50:05 -0800 (PST)
From: wogwac...@gmail.com (wog wacker)
 by: wog wacker - Sat, 13 Nov 2021 04:50 UTC

On Friday, November 12, 2021 at 5:39:13 PM UTC, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, November 12, 2021 at 7:22:05 AM UTC-8, ltlee1 wrote:

> > > Simulate a carrier battle group? But there's only one carrier.
> > > Unless the missile depends on visual image to home-in on the target, the physical form of the target is immaterial. Assuming the Beidou can track the changing co-ordinates of the target, using a big moving ship on sea would give a more realistic simulation.
> > Of course you are right.
> No, he is NOT right. He is a man without computer knowledge!!!!
> > Please continue your thought. What next? And next...
Cocky old hag.
Is rst88 and other rstxxx from poster who was posting under Resty Wyse? But your postings attract no rebuttal from SK.
Been seeing changes. Wakalukong seldom post.
Back to the technical.
A computer does not 'see' an image as humans do. It cannot 'see' at all. What we see as image on a screen consists of a 2D array of pixels. Say, it's a 1000x1000 pixels image. In the computer, that would be stored in 1M memory locations, with a bit-string to represent the pixel in each location. Moreover, the whole pixel arrays has to be refreshed at a certain rate before the human can view it as a steady image. That would not be the way a missile detect a target. A missile would use radar for target detection, homing-in based on the bounced back EM wave.

Re: Satellite images of mockup US Navy ships in China spark concern

<4a4e57ca-9df5-4137-9606-661ba5627a54n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6835&group=soc.culture.china#6835

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!paganini.bofh.team!news.dns-netz.com!news.freedyn.net!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed8.news.xs4all.nl!feeder5.feed.usenet.farm!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc2.netnews.com!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 00:50:32 -0800 (PST)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sat, 13 Nov 2021 08:50 UTC

On Friday, November 12, 2021 at 8:50:07 PM UTC-8, wog wacker wrote:
> On Friday, November 12, 2021 at 5:39:13 PM UTC, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Of course you are right.
> > No, he is NOT right. He is a man without computer knowledge!!!!
> > > Please continue your thought. What next? And next...
> Cocky old hag.
> Is rst88 and other rstxxx from poster who was posting under Resty Wyse?

The computer!!! My only friend I have!!! My only connection to the outside world!!!

> But your postings attract no rebuttal from SK.

SK??? The janitor??? He makes up stories to post...

> Been seeing changes. Wakalukong seldom post.

You gotta be a lonely ole' man to post on this place...
as I am...