From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: rec.humor
Subject: Tired Old Dog
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 18:10:19 -0400
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Tue, 30 May 2023 22:10 UTC

An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard. I could tell from his
collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of. He
calmly came over to me and I gave him a few pats on his head. Then he
followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the
corner and fell asleep.

An hour later he went to the door and I let him out.

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed
his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour. This continued off
and on for several weeks.

Curious, I pinned this note to his collar, "I would like to find out who the
owner of this wonderful, sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost
every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap."

The next day he arrived for his nap with a different note pinned to his
collar. "He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3. He's
trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?"