When you don't know what you are doing, do it neatly.

interests / soc.culture.china / Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats

SubjectAuthor
* Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airlinltlee1
`* Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Stratekawaga
 +* Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? AiRusty Wyse
 |`* Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable?A. Filip
 | +* Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Ailtlee1
 | |`* Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable?A. Filip
 | | `- Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Ailtlee1
 | `- Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? AiRusty Wyse
 `* Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Aifrodo sam0
  `* Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airline Capacity Falls by 800,00ltlee1
   +- Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Ailtlee1
   +* Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Aifrodo sam0
   |`- Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Ailtlee1
   `* Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainablebobo
    `- Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Ailtlee1

1
Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats

<f46ba7a9-bca1-4597-8acb-70e6f794c1f6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6219&group=soc.culture.china#6219

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 04:57:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Is_China’s_Zero-Covid_Strategy_Sustainable?_Airlin
e_Capacity_Falls_by_800,000_Seats
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Fri, 22 Oct 2021 11:57 UTC

https://allopenbook.com/2021/10/21/is-chinas-zero-covid-strategy-sustainable-airline-capacity-falls-by-800000-seats/

The article uses airline capacity falls by 80000 seats as a proxy for the price of China's Zero-Covert policy. But it does not to attempt to answer the question it raises concerning policy sustainability.

IMO, the answer depends on whether developed nations especially the US can reduce the toll of COVID-19. China is likely to continue holding the Zero-Covid fort as long the US citizens are dying by the thousands on a weekly basis. And
the people will agree with the government and continue to endure the many inconveniences and economic hardship engendered by the strategy.

Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats

<sl72r5$70h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6302&group=soc.culture.china#6302

From: duc...@yahoo.com (kawaga)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re:_Is_China’s_Zero-Covid_Strate
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 04:08:04 +0800
 by: kawaga - Mon, 25 Oct 2021 20:08 UTC

China holds well in containing the virus from occurring time to time. They
were able to hold down within the area of occurrence from transmission to
other cities and provinces.

China is not like other nations where their economies can swing up and down.
China is the probably the no 1 economy in the world has to maintain the
momentum of growth with it.

Seriously, China should keep to its strict containment measures whenever
Covid outbreaks happened from time to time.

This is the right way of containment as the country has many economic
centres to drive employments and productions.

China should not follow those countries who think the endemic option is the
best option when thousands more were infected everyday.

A good example is the marvellous infection rate and death rate that shot up
very high in Singapore.

Immediately US stopped travels to as it rated Singapore down to level 4 as
dangerous infection. Let's not make the stupid endemic game play like them.

China is doing well when comes to ways of containment of infection spread in
city spread's management of infection control.

If China failed in its infection control, US will be waiting to laugh at
China for any increased in death rate.

Thus far, well done, China for the strict containment measures done. It's
worth it. The economy is churning up again and again.

"ltlee1" wrote in message

https://allopenbook.com/2021/10/21/is-chinas-zero-covid-strategy-sustainable-airline-capacity-falls-by-800000-seats/

The article uses airline capacity falls by 80000 seats as a proxy for the
price of China's Zero-Covert policy. But it does not to attempt to answer
the question it raises concerning policy sustainability.

IMO, the answer depends on whether developed nations especially the US can
reduce the toll of COVID-19. China is likely to continue holding the
Zero-Covid fort as long the US citizens are dying by the thousands on a
weekly basis. And
the people will agree with the government and continue to endure the many
inconveniences and economic hardship engendered by the strategy.

Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats

<59e32b1b-a47c-4811-87f2-491ecbd2b4fbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6310&group=soc.culture.china#6310

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 10:06:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Is_China’s_Zero-Covid_Strategy_Sustainable?_Ai
rline_Capacity_Falls_by_800,000_Seats
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Tue, 26 Oct 2021 17:06 UTC

On Monday, October 25, 2021 at 1:08:08 PM UTC-7, kawaga wrote:
> China holds well in containing the virus from occurring time to time. They
> were able to hold down within the area of occurrence from transmission to
> other cities and provinces.
>
> China is not like other nations where their economies can swing up and down.
> China is the probably the no 1 economy in the world has to maintain the
> momentum of growth with it.
>
> Seriously, China should keep to its strict containment measures whenever
> Covid outbreaks happened from time to time.
>
> This is the right way of containment as the country has many economic
> centres to drive employments and productions.
>
> China should not follow those countries who think the endemic option is the
> best option when thousands more were infected everyday.
>
> A good example is the marvellous infection rate and death rate that shot up
> very high in Singapore.
>
> Immediately US stopped travels to as it rated Singapore down to level 4 as
> dangerous infection. Let's not make the stupid endemic game play like them.
>
> China is doing well when comes to ways of containment of infection spread in
> city spread's management of infection control.
>
> If China failed in its infection control, US will be waiting to laugh at
> China for any increased in death rate.
>
> Thus far, well done, China for the strict containment measures done. It's
> worth it. The economy is churning up again and again.

Ahhhh!!! the power of dictatorship!!!! Only China can do it.

> "ltlee1" wrote in message
> https://allopenbook.com/2021/10/21/is-chinas-zero-covid-strategy-sustainable-airline-capacity-falls-by-800000-seats/
>
> The article uses airline capacity falls by 80000 seats as a proxy for the
> price of China's Zero-Covert policy. But it does not to attempt to answer
> the question it raises concerning policy sustainability.
>
> IMO, the answer depends on whether developed nations especially the US can
> reduce the toll of COVID-19. China is likely to continue holding the
> Zero-Covid fort as long the US citizens are dying by the thousands on a
> weekly basis. And
> the people will agree with the government and continue to endure the many
> inconveniences and economic hardship engendered by the strategy.

Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats

<45c83645-819f-4f3c-b39b-f52c9fa28cefn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6413&group=soc.culture.china#6413

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 06:59:37 -0700 (PDT)
rline_Capacity_Falls_by_800,000_Seats
From: frodos...@gmail.com (frodo sam0)
 by: frodo sam0 - Sat, 30 Oct 2021 13:59 UTC

On Monday, October 25, 2021 at 8:08:08 PM UTC, kawaga wrote:
> China holds well in containing the virus from occurring time to time. They
> were able to hold down within the area of occurrence from transmission to
> other cities and provinces.
>
> China is not like other nations where their economies can swing up and down.
> China is the probably the no 1 economy in the world has to maintain the
> momentum of growth with it.
>
> Seriously, China should keep to its strict containment measures whenever
> Covid outbreaks happened from time to time.
>
> This is the right way of containment as the country has many economic
> centres to drive employments and productions.
>
> China should not follow those countries who think the endemic option is the
> best option when thousands more were infected everyday.
>
> A good example is the marvellous infection rate and death rate that shot up
> very high in Singapore.
>
> Immediately US stopped travels to as it rated Singapore down to level 4 as
> dangerous infection. Let's not make the stupid endemic game play like them.
>
> China is doing well when comes to ways of containment of infection spread in
> city spread's management of infection control.
>
> If China failed in its infection control, US will be waiting to laugh at
> China for any increased in death rate.
>
> Thus far, well done, China for the strict containment measures done. It's
> worth it. The economy is churning up again and again.
>

> "ltlee1" wrote in message
> https://allopenbook.com/2021/10/21/is-chinas-zero-covid-strategy-sustainable-airline-capacity-falls-by-800000-seats/
>
> The article uses airline capacity falls by 80000 seats as a proxy for the
> price of China's Zero-Covert policy. But it does not to attempt to answer
> the question it raises concerning policy sustainability.
>
> IMO, the answer depends on whether developed nations especially the US can
> reduce the toll of COVID-19. China is likely to continue holding the
> Zero-Covid fort as long the US citizens are dying by the thousands on a
> weekly basis. And
> the people will agree with the government and continue to endure the many
> inconveniences and economic hardship engendered by the strategy.

kawaga has raised some good points.

Zero tolerance is the way to go. Living with the virus is a stupid idea. How can you live with something which can kill you?

Countries in the West cannot achieve zero tolerance because of weak governments and people who are indoctrinated to believe that their individual freedom and rights are above everything else. Instead of zero tolerance, these countries will have to tolerate wave after wave of the pandemic.

China, on the other hand, has been able to calm every ripple before it grows into a wave. Because of this, its industry is still humming and its economy still growing. It is now the only big engine of the world's economy.

Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats

<anfi+kiru3amslf-lau6@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6414&group=soc.culture.china#6414

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable?
Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 14:19:56 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:7M3KyhSvoAzH31t/fpMaBceNqn8=
 by: A. Filip - Sat, 30 Oct 2021 14:19 UTC

Rusty Wyse <rst888wxyz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, October 25, 2021 at 1:08:08 PM UTC-7, kawaga wrote:
>> […]
>> Thus far, well done, China for the strict containment measures done. It's
>> worth it. The economy is churning up again and again.
>
> Ahhhh!!! the power of dictatorship!!!! Only China can do it.
> […]

Would US do it in case of "half Ebola deadly" infection?
Full version: PRC can do it "easily" for disease merely "Covid-19 deadly".

Words that may be interpreted as support for dictatorship are not wise IMHO.

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| I always say beauty is only sin deep.
| (Saki, "Reginald's Choir Treat")

Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats

<7a45b8e6-15f6-4746-ae50-77267b2f1da1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6415&group=soc.culture.china#6415

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 07:49:25 -0700 (PDT)
rline_Capacity_Falls_by_800,000_Seats
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 30 Oct 2021 14:49 UTC

On Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 9:19:59 AM UTC-5, A. Filip wrote:
> Rusty Wyse <rst88...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Monday, October 25, 2021 at 1:08:08 PM UTC-7, kawaga wrote:
> >> […]
> >> Thus far, well done, China for the strict containment measures done. It's
> >> worth it. The economy is churning up again and again.
> >
> > Ahhhh!!! the power of dictatorship!!!! Only China can do it.
> > […]
>
> Would US do it in case of "half Ebola deadly" infection?

> Full version: PRC can do it "easily" for disease merely "Covid-19 deadly"..
>
> Words that may be interpreted as support for dictatorship are not wise IMHO.
Is China really a dictatorship per the Chinese people?

A good way to demonize is something like this:

Person A: Country [x] is a dictatorship ...
Person B: Supporting and/or praising dictatorship is not wise.

> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | I always say beauty is only sin deep.
> | (Saki, "Reginald's Choir Treat")

Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats

<anfi+dkuc3fa42f-lau6@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6416&group=soc.culture.china#6416

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 15:14:49 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:8ld364yu9paqkB+a8zl0dq8rUOY=
 by: A. Filip - Sat, 30 Oct 2021 15:14 UTC

ltlee1 <ltlee1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 9:19:59 AM UTC-5, A. Filip wrote:
>> Rusty Wyse <rst88...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Ahhhh!!! the power of dictatorship!!!! Only China can do it.
>> > […]
>>
>> Would US do it in case of "half Ebola deadly" infection?
>
>> Full version: PRC can do it "easily" for disease merely "Covid-19 deadly".
>>
>> Words that may be interpreted as support for dictatorship are not wise IMHO.
> Is China really a dictatorship per the Chinese people?
>
> A good way to demonize is something like this:
>
> Person A: Country [x] is a dictatorship ...
> Person B: Supporting and/or praising dictatorship is not wise.

PRC is dictatorship by my standards. It is not the worst one.
My opinion counts "not so much" unless Chinese themselves are
"sufficiently dissatisfied".

So what?
-- A lawyer of Bill Clinton

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| Things will get better despite our efforts to improve them.
| (Will Rogers)

Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats

<1501d352-3ceb-4c9e-b58b-cad92a9895edn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6419&group=soc.culture.china#6419

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 09:37:32 -0700 (PDT)
rline_Capacity_Falls_by_800,000_Seats
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 30 Oct 2021 16:37 UTC

On Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 10:15:38 AM UTC-5, A. Filip wrote:
> ltlee1 wrote:

> >> Would US do it in case of "half Ebola deadly" infection?
> >
> >> Full version: PRC can do it "easily" for disease merely "Covid-19 deadly".
> >>
> >> Words that may be interpreted as support for dictatorship are not wise IMHO.
> > Is China really a dictatorship per the Chinese people?
> >
> > A good way to demonize is something like this:
> >
> > Person A: Country [x] is a dictatorship ...
> > Person B: Supporting and/or praising dictatorship is not wise.
> PRC is dictatorship by my standards. It is not the worst one.
> My opinion counts "not so much" unless Chinese themselves are
> "sufficiently dissatisfied".

Internet discussion allows people from different locales and different
cultural background to discussion many issues. But discussion is
only meaningful if supported by objectivity and logic.

> So what?
> -- A lawyer of Bill Clinton
> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | Things will get better despite our efforts to improve them.
> | (Will Rogers)

Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats

<2a953342-5bb5-45e7-8884-b5e8bf0143ccn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6421&group=soc.culture.china#6421

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 09:42:00 -0700 (PDT)
rline_Capacity_Falls_by_800,000_Seats
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sat, 30 Oct 2021 16:42 UTC

On Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 7:19:59 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
> Rusty Wyse <rst88...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Monday, October 25, 2021 at 1:08:08 PM UTC-7, kawaga wrote:
> >> […]
> >> Thus far, well done, China for the strict containment measures done. It's
> >> worth it. The economy is churning up again and again.
> >
> > Ahhhh!!! the power of dictatorship!!!! Only China can do it.
> > […]
>
> Would US do it in case of "half Ebola deadly" infection?
> Full version: PRC can do it "easily" for disease merely "Covid-19 deadly"..
>
> Words that may be interpreted as support for dictatorship are not wise IMHO.

Let's face it, even the U.S. is saying China is doing an excellent job!!!!
China's freeways are full of cars...
China's bullet trains are full of riders...
China is building new airports, seaports,...
And we still say China is a dictatorship. People cannot say anything against the government...
Whoever the people are controlling China, they certainly are doing an excellent job.
And who do we get for our "free elections"?? old man Biden, sex-craze/power-craze Donald Trump,...

> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | I always say beauty is only sin deep.
> | (Saki, "Reginald's Choir Treat")

Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats

<8fa88ffa-f540-4f7b-875e-524aa0b656fbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6422&group=soc.culture.china#6422

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 09:51:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Is_China’s_Zero-Covid_Strategy_Sustainable?_Airline_Capacity_Falls_by_800,000_Seats
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 30 Oct 2021 16:51 UTC

On Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 8:59:39 AM UTC-5, frodo sam0 wrote:
> On Monday, October 25, 2021 at 8:08:08 PM UTC, kawaga wrote:
> > China holds well in containing the virus from occurring time to time. They
> > were able to hold down within the area of occurrence from transmission to
> > other cities and provinces.
> >
> > China is not like other nations where their economies can swing up and down.
> > China is the probably the no 1 economy in the world has to maintain the
> > momentum of growth with it.
> >
> > Seriously, China should keep to its strict containment measures whenever
> > Covid outbreaks happened from time to time.
> >
> > This is the right way of containment as the country has many economic
> > centres to drive employments and productions.
> >
> > China should not follow those countries who think the endemic option is the
> > best option when thousands more were infected everyday.
> >
> > A good example is the marvellous infection rate and death rate that shot up
> > very high in Singapore.
> >
> > Immediately US stopped travels to as it rated Singapore down to level 4 as
> > dangerous infection. Let's not make the stupid endemic game play like them.
> >
> > China is doing well when comes to ways of containment of infection spread in
> > city spread's management of infection control.
> >
> > If China failed in its infection control, US will be waiting to laugh at
> > China for any increased in death rate.
> >
> > Thus far, well done, China for the strict containment measures done. It's
> > worth it. The economy is churning up again and again.
> >

> > "ltlee1" wrote in message
> > https://allopenbook.com/2021/10/21/is-chinas-zero-covid-strategy-sustainable-airline-capacity-falls-by-800000-seats/
> >
> > The article uses airline capacity falls by 80000 seats as a proxy for the
> > price of China's Zero-Covert policy. But it does not to attempt to answer
> > the question it raises concerning policy sustainability.
> >
> > IMO, the answer depends on whether developed nations especially the US can
> > reduce the toll of COVID-19. China is likely to continue holding the
> > Zero-Covid fort as long the US citizens are dying by the thousands on a
> > weekly basis. And
> > the people will agree with the government and continue to endure the many
> > inconveniences and economic hardship engendered by the strategy.
> kawaga has raised some good points.
>
> Zero tolerance is the way to go. Living with the virus is a stupid idea. How can you live with something which can kill you?

Zero tolerance has its cost in term of inconvenience, at least partial lost of
freedom, and economic cost. A matter of balancing cost and benefit.

> Countries in the West cannot achieve zero tolerance because of weak governments and people who are indoctrinated to believe that their individual freedom and rights are above everything else. Instead of zero tolerance, these countries will have to tolerate wave after wave of the pandemic.
>
> China, on the other hand, has been able to calm every ripple before it grows into a wave. Because of this, its industry is still humming and its economy still growing. It is now the only big engine of the world's economy.

Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats

<bca80329-9d1b-4374-adf4-b5ca1e3c5706n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6524&group=soc.culture.china#6524

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 04:36:49 -0700 (PDT)
rline_Capacity_Falls_by_800,000_Seats
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 11:36 UTC

On Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 4:51:12 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> [...]
> > kawaga has raised some good points.
> >
> > Zero tolerance is the way to go. Living with the virus is a stupid idea.. How can you live with something which can kill you?
> Zero tolerance has its cost in term of inconvenience, at least partial lost of
> freedom, and economic cost. A matter of balancing cost and benefit.
> >
> > Countries in the West cannot achieve zero tolerance because of weak governments and people who are indoctrinated to believe that their individual freedom and rights are above everything else. Instead of zero tolerance, these countries will have to tolerate wave after wave of the pandemic.
> >
> > China, on the other hand, has been able to calm every ripple before it grows into a wave. Because of this, its industry is still humming and its economy still growing. It is now the only big engine of the world's economy.

At this stage of microbiology technology, zero tolerance is a blunt tool.
Chinese local governments do received complaints and they have to apologize..
to the people.
部分市民反映被限制进京管控措施“误伤”,北京市致歉
https://www.guancha.cn/politics/2021_11_02_613243.shtml

But then given the situation of the US which is technologically speaking more
advanced, it is exceedingly difficult for China to determine the balance point.
As is, no one could really suggest better solution. In contrast, non-zero tolerance
is in reality not any kind of policy. Rather, it is by default. The attitude is that some
citizens have to die, so let them die.

Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats

<0bd01b7a-c9f6-4ec5-9b15-1f60dc2cd502n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6590&group=soc.culture.china#6590

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 01:56:40 -0700 (PDT)
rline_Capacity_Falls_by_800,000_Seats
From: frodos...@gmail.com (frodo sam0)
 by: frodo sam0 - Thu, 4 Nov 2021 08:56 UTC

> [...]
> > kawaga has raised some good points.
> >
> > Zero tolerance is the way to go. Living with the virus is a stupid idea.. How can you live with something which can kill you?
> Zero tolerance has its cost in term of inconvenience, at least partial lost of
> freedom, and economic cost. A matter of balancing cost and benefit.
> >
> > Countries in the West cannot achieve zero tolerance because of weak governments and people who are indoctrinated to believe that their individual freedom and rights are above everything else. Instead of zero tolerance, these countries will have to tolerate wave after wave of the pandemic.
> >
> > China, on the other hand, has been able to calm every ripple before it grows into a wave. Because of this, its industry is still humming and its economy still growing. It is now the only big engine of the world's economy.

The West is talking about living with the virus only because it cannot control the virus. And that's because it cannot control its people.
Zero-tolerance causes inconvenience to the people and it bears a cost. Both are less than the alternative of living with the virus.

Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats

<sm14is$97e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6597&group=soc.culture.china#6597

From: bob...@zooz.com.it (bobo)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
?_Airline_Capacity_Falls_by_800,000_Seats
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 01:17:30 +0800
 by: bobo - Thu, 4 Nov 2021 17:17 UTC

After some time, people will get use to zero tolerances,

On 31/10/2021 12:51 am, ltlee1 wrote:

> Zero tolerance has its cost in term of inconvenience, at least partial lost of
> freedom, and economic cost. A matter of balancing cost and benefit.

Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats

<b82a251d-df6b-4088-9c80-1c1a08f454fen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6601&group=soc.culture.china#6601

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 11:49:25 -0700 (PDT)
rline_Capacity_Falls_by_800,000_Seats
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 4 Nov 2021 18:49 UTC

On Thursday, November 4, 2021 at 8:56:41 AM UTC, frodo sam0 wrote:
> On Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 4:51:12 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:

> > > kawaga has raised some good points.
> > >
> > > Zero tolerance is the way to go. Living with the virus is a stupid idea. How can you live with something which can kill you?
> > Zero tolerance has its cost in term of inconvenience, at least partial lost of
> > freedom, and economic cost. A matter of balancing cost and benefit.
> > >
> > > Countries in the West cannot achieve zero tolerance because of weak governments and people who are indoctrinated to believe that their individual freedom and rights are above everything else. Instead of zero tolerance, these countries will have to tolerate wave after wave of the pandemic.
> > >
> > > China, on the other hand, has been able to calm every ripple before it grows into a wave. Because of this, its industry is still humming and its economy still growing. It is now the only big engine of the world's economy.
> The West is talking about living with the virus only because it cannot control the virus. And that's because it cannot control its people.
> Zero-tolerance causes inconvenience to the people and it bears a cost. Both are less than the alternative of living with the virus.

You are certainly correct. Many in the West, including the US, cannot control the virus. The virus is relative new. There would be a lot
trial and error before human and Covid19 could adapted to each other. In the US, the additional problem is that many citizens do not
trust their government and they do not necessarily take all steps to protect themselves and their communities. With many positive cases,
tracing and isolation would be exceedingly difficult under the best circumstance. Living with the virus is by default.

Re: Is China’s Zero-Covid Strategy Sustainable? Airline Capacity Falls by 800,000 Seats

<7f7babb8-9295-4b85-8c3b-27557da8414fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6602&group=soc.culture.china#6602

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 11:55:34 -0700 (PDT)
rline_Capacity_Falls_by_800,000_Seats
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 4 Nov 2021 18:55 UTC

On Thursday, November 4, 2021 at 5:17:19 PM UTC, bobo wrote:
> After some time, people will get use to zero tolerances,

But successful zero tolerances in China is a black mark on other
government which advertise itself as the democracy and human rights power.

Letting many citizens die by the hundreds of thousands is neither the democratic
desires of the people nor upholding human rights. After all, it is "life, liberty, and
the pursuit of happiness." Life the starting point.