To err is human, but when the eraser wears out before the pencil, you're overdoing it a little.

interests / alt.life.sucks / Re: The True Birth of the Blues

SubjectAuthor
* The True Birth of the BluesThomas Joseph
`* The True Birth of the BluesOllieNorthie@aol.com
 `* The True Birth of the BluesJudith Latham
  +* The True Birth of the BluesOllieNorthie@aol.com
  |`* The True Birth of the BluesThomas Joseph
  | `* The True Birth of the BluesOllieNorthie@aol.com
  |  `* The True Birth of the BluesThomas Joseph
  |   `* The True Birth of the BluesOllieNorthie@aol.com
  |    `* The True Birth of the BluesThomas Joseph
  |     `* The True Birth of the BluesOllieNorthie@aol.com
  |      `* The True Birth of the BluesThomas Joseph
  |       `- The True Birth of the BluesOllieNorthie@aol.com
  `- The True Birth of the BluesThomas Joseph

1
The True Birth of the Blues

<22ee321e-39e1-46d7-a9bc-5688bc22329bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5681&group=alt.life.sucks#5681

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 19:55:25 -0800 (PST)
Subject: The True Birth of the Blues
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 03:55 UTC

This is not about the Blues. I just used that as an example of something that people argue about all the time. Who was the first to sing the blues? Where did the Blues really originate? Etc.

No, this is about something a bit more modern.

A few years ago I was walking down the Blvd when I happened upon an ugly sidewalk stomping outside a biker bar. I was in the cab. I got out and pretended he was my customer. I also warned the stompers that the cops were coming down a side street. It was a lie, but it worked. As the stompee lay on the ground, thinking, hoping, that the kick he just felt was the last of the many his face had already endured, the door to the bar would open with a random biker taking a random kick at the half dead stompee's face. The small crowd that had gathered earlier was returning. Every time the stompee seemed on the verge of getting up and stumbling off (before managing to step in to put him in my cab to drive him off to safety), another stomper would emerge from the bar, sending one kick after another into the down and outer's face. As this happened others in the crowd seemed drawn in. "Me too, me too", they shouted, getting in line to take their shot.

Point is, only now looking back do I realize that this was the true birth of the #MeToo movement. See what I mean about history not always being right? #MeToo was not a female thing as declared today. Not entirely anyway. There were more men than women taking shots at the down and outer's head, although there were more women in the crowd cheering it on with testeronic gusto.

Re: The True Birth of the Blues

<81089348-2465-4f5d-b8ea-5a06b01ad8can@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5712&group=alt.life.sucks#5712

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 17:21:43 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: The True Birth of the Blues
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 01:21 UTC

On Monday, November 29, 2021 at 10:55:26 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> This is not about the Blues. I just used that as an example of something that people argue about all the time. Who was the first to sing the blues? Where did the Blues really originate? Etc.
>
> No, this is about something a bit more modern.
>
> A few years ago I was walking down the Blvd when I happened upon an ugly sidewalk stomping outside a biker bar. I was in the cab. I got out and pretended he was my customer. I also warned the stompers that the cops were coming down a side street. It was a lie, but it worked. As the stompee lay on the ground, thinking, hoping, that the kick he just felt was the last of the many his face had already endured, the door to the bar would open with a random biker taking a random kick at the half dead stompee's face. The small crowd that had gathered earlier was returning. Every time the stompee seemed on the verge of getting up and stumbling off (before managing to step in to put him in my cab to drive him off to safety), another stomper would emerge from the bar, sending one kick after another into the down and outer's face. As this happened others in the crowd seemed drawn in. "Me too, me too", they shouted, getting in line to take their shot.
>
> Point is, only now looking back do I realize that this was the true birth of the #MeToo movement. See what I mean about history not always being right? #MeToo was not a female thing as declared today. Not entirely anyway. There were more men than women taking shots at the down and outer's head, although there were more women in the crowd cheering it on with testeronic gusto.

I do not consider a woman complaining 10 years after being fucked by a guy who made them famous in his movies a metoo. I know it is a bold statement I am making but I am a bold and in your face kinda guy.

Re: The True Birth of the Blues

<so6r9u$9op$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5714&group=alt.life.sucks#5714

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 22:48:05 -0500
 by: Judith Latham - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 03:48 UTC

On 11/30/2021 8:21 PM, OllieNorthie@aol.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 29, 2021 at 10:55:26 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
>> This is not about the Blues. I just used that as an example of something that people argue about all the time. Who was the first to sing the blues? Where did the Blues really originate? Etc.
>>
>> No, this is about something a bit more modern.
>>
>> A few years ago I was walking down the Blvd when I happened upon an ugly sidewalk stomping outside a biker bar. I was in the cab. I got out and pretended he was my customer. I also warned the stompers that the cops were coming down a side street. It was a lie, but it worked. As the stompee lay on the ground, thinking, hoping, that the kick he just felt was the last of the many his face had already endured, the door to the bar would open with a random biker taking a random kick at the half dead stompee's face. The small crowd that had gathered earlier was returning. Every time the stompee seemed on the verge of getting up and stumbling off (before managing to step in to put him in my cab to drive him off to safety), another stomper would emerge from the bar, sending one kick after another into the down and outer's face. As this happened others in the crowd seemed drawn in. "Me too, me too", they shouted, getting in line to take their shot.
>>
>> Point is, only now looking back do I realize that this was the true birth of the #MeToo movement. See what I mean about history not always being right? #MeToo was not a female thing as declared today. Not entirely anyway. There were more men than women taking shots at the down and outer's head, although there were more women in the crowd cheering it on with testeronic gusto.
>

> I do not consider a woman complaining 10 years after being fucked by a guy who made them famous in his movies a metoo. I know it is a bold statement I am making but I am a bold and in your face kinda guy.

Obviously you've never been the target of sexual harassment. When I was
just 17 years old and was only tipping the scales at 340 lbs, many men
put the move on me. The fact that I was visibly an Orthodox Jewish girl
only added to their gall. The most offensive acts were committed by
those colored boys from the projects. Grabbing my ass, which I admit is
a bit oversized, was routine play for them. I still remember it as if it
happened yesterday.

Re: The True Birth of the Blues

<1042af1a-ae1c-42fd-9b38-8ce1d6137627n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5864&group=alt.life.sucks#5864

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 08:59:38 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 16:59 UTC

On Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at 10:48:16 PM UTC-5, Judith Latham wrote:
> On 11/30/2021 8:21 PM, OllieN...@aol.com wrote:
> > On Monday, November 29, 2021 at 10:55:26 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> This is not about the Blues. I just used that as an example of something that people argue about all the time. Who was the first to sing the blues? Where did the Blues really originate? Etc.
> >>
> >> No, this is about something a bit more modern.
> >>
> >> A few years ago I was walking down the Blvd when I happened upon an ugly sidewalk stomping outside a biker bar. I was in the cab. I got out and pretended he was my customer. I also warned the stompers that the cops were coming down a side street. It was a lie, but it worked. As the stompee lay on the ground, thinking, hoping, that the kick he just felt was the last of the many his face had already endured, the door to the bar would open with a random biker taking a random kick at the half dead stompee's face. The small crowd that had gathered earlier was returning. Every time the stompee seemed on the verge of getting up and stumbling off (before managing to step in to put him in my cab to drive him off to safety), another stomper would emerge from the bar, sending one kick after another into the down and outer's face. As this happened others in the crowd seemed drawn in. "Me too, me too", they shouted, getting in line to take their shot.
> >>
> >> Point is, only now looking back do I realize that this was the true birth of the #MeToo movement. See what I mean about history not always being right? #MeToo was not a female thing as declared today. Not entirely anyway.. There were more men than women taking shots at the down and outer's head, although there were more women in the crowd cheering it on with testeronic gusto.
> >

> > I do not consider a woman complaining 10 years after being fucked by a guy who made them famous in his movies a metoo. I know it is a bold statement I am making but I am a bold and in your face kinda guy.
> >
> Obviously you've never been the target of sexual harassment. When I was
> just 17 years old and was only tipping the scales at 340 lbs, many men
> put the move on me. The fact that I was visibly an Orthodox Jewish girl
> only added to their gall. The most offensive acts were committed by
> those colored boys from the projects. Grabbing my ass, which I admit is
> a bit oversized, was routine play for them. I still remember it as if it
> happened yesterday.

stop bragging

Re: The True Birth of the Blues

<0e8991be-b3fb-45c5-8672-7ba48830ebe3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5896&group=alt.life.sucks#5896

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 16:26:52 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 00:26 UTC

Obviously you've never been the target of sexual harassment. When I was
just 17 years old and was only tipping the scales at 340 lbs, many men
put the move on me. The fact that I was visibly an Orthodox Jewish girl
only added to their gall. The most offensive acts were committed by
those colored boys from the projects. Grabbing my ass, which I admit is
a bit oversized, was routine play for them. I still remember it as if it
happened yesterday.

I have been the object of all kinds of abuse including right now at this very moment having it assumed on me that I can't know abuse because I'm a male. It wouldn’t matter anyway, my suffering could never compare to yours, because you are a woman, and an overweight Jew on top of it.

Therefore I concede, you have suffered more abuse than I.  But what counts in the end is what we have done with our abuse.  Rather than moping around all day crying about the past, I accept every bit of it, the negative and the positive with equal delight and thankfulness knowing it could always have been worse.

I am teaching a course in AA (Abuse Acceptance), and am already within only one week of starting the school with hundreds of prospective students lining up with applications in hand as others coming from near and far take their place in line behind them, all chanting in unison, "Me too, me too", (“I want to go to Abuse Acceptance School too.”), with armed guards keeping the peace and making sure there's no one jumping the line and there’s no other inappropriate behavior going down.

Re: The True Birth of the Blues

<27b31991-0653-4860-ad5c-cd19c6797083n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5897&group=alt.life.sucks#5897

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 16:43:11 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 00:43 UTC

> Stop bragging.

I agree, she's bragging. We now discover through Mz Latham that 340 pounds is the magic number, at least for her.

Come on Judith, that's only 100 pounds you've got to lose, and everyone knows "the more you got the easier it is to lose it." That's another Gandhi quote, but felt it applied more here than at the end of my post. Richard Simmons is on hiatus. He could already be dead for all we know. Judith needs our help. 100 pounds is nothing. We can shave that off in no time. I don't mean literally shave as a man would his face. I'm not talking about literally shaving 100 pounds of flesh from Judith's frame. Mild exercise, a good eating plan, and a genuine reason for losing the weight other than mere image. Vanity makes me sick. It's health we should be concerned with. Judith is right, 340 is the cutoff point for most women. Sure, anything over 200 pounds on a female is apt to look bad, but there are ever-developing shades of bad, and anything over 340 is where 'real bad' begins. That is just the beginning. They can go as high or even higher than 1,000 pounds. Then it's time for Richard Simmons and his craned pickup truck to come extract Judith from her bed, jaws of life style. Good luck Judith, look me up when you get down to 140 pounds. A facelift and an attitude adjustment wouldn't hurt either. If we're going to meet up - and Lord knows that is all I want out of life - you are going to have to meet my standards in the same way I oh so thoughtfully am prepared to meet yours.

Re: The True Birth of the Blues

<ecbc657e-e8ac-432a-b2d5-2a46b9ddb574n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5911&group=alt.life.sucks#5911

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 15:55:33 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 23:55 UTC

On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 7:43:12 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Stop bragging.
>

> I agree, she's bragging. We now discover through Mz Latham that 340 pounds is the magic number, at least for her.
>
> Come on Judith, that's only 100 pounds you've got to lose, and everyone knows "the more you got the easier it is to lose it." That's another Gandhi quote, but felt it applied more here than at the end of my post. Richard Simmons is on hiatus. He could already be dead for all we know. Judith needs our help. 100 pounds is nothing. We can shave that off in no time. I don't mean literally shave as a man would his face. I'm not talking about literally shaving 100 pounds of flesh from Judith's frame. Mild exercise, a good eating plan, and a genuine reason for losing the weight other than mere image. Vanity makes me sick. It's health we should be concerned with. Judith is right, 340 is the cutoff point for most women. Sure, anything over 200 pounds on a female is apt to look bad, but there are ever-developing shades of bad, and anything over 340 is where 'real bad' begins. That is just the beginning. They can go as high or even higher than 1,000 pounds. Then it's time for Richard Simmons and his craned pickup truck to come extract Judith from her bed, jaws of life style. Good luck Judith, look me up when you get down to 140 pounds. A facelift and an attitude adjustment wouldn't hurt either. If we're going to meet up - and Lord knows that is all I want out of life - you are going to have to meet my standards in the same way I oh so thoughtfully am prepared to meet yours.

Ny sex drive just cratered. Haven't been horny for days now. Maybe all the snot build up is causing erectile failure. Well I am not too concerned. No women begging for it so I am cool.

Re: The True Birth of the Blues

<20c850f2-8387-4da4-bda7-c346906d1a97n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5912&group=alt.life.sucks#5912

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 16:04:33 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 00:04 UTC

> Ny sex drive just cratered. Haven't been horny for days now. Maybe all the snot build up is causing erectile failure. Well I am not too concerned. No women begging for it so I am cool.

I am 74. My erectile issues began around age 57. I had to chain smoke cigarets to maintain a decent hard on. But I had to quit smoking, it was getting to me. So I lost my hard on and a bigger shot at lung cancer at the same time. Funny thing, impotent by all accounts, I tend to get hornier now than when the dorkus was in full bloom. Maybe it's part of that 'grass is always greener' motif where just knowing I'm not really going to need the cock now anyway I feel less pressure and less fear, able to achieve a mental hard on that doesn't quite deliver to the lower extremities. Maybe if I had the dick surgically implanted a bit closer to the brain things would be different. Take the nose and put it where the cock used to be, then put the cock where the nose used to be. Constant messages from the sex-riddled brain with less distance to travel will reach the cock with full impact as the big bone grows stiff and hard in full blown Pinnochio motif.

Re: The True Birth of the Blues

<5ae44bbd-842b-4eec-8d34-c4c4de78dd03n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6077&group=alt.life.sucks#6077

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 10:31:54 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 18:31 UTC

On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 7:04:34 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Ny sex drive just cratered. Haven't been horny for days now. Maybe all the snot build up is causing erectile failure. Well I am not too concerned. No women begging for it so I am cool.
> I am 74. My erectile issues began around age 57. I had to chain smoke cigarets to maintain a decent hard on. But I had to quit smoking, it was getting to me. So I lost my hard on and a bigger shot at lung cancer at the same time. Funny thing, impotent by all accounts, I tend to get hornier now than when the dorkus was in full bloom. Maybe it's part of that 'grass is always greener' motif where just knowing I'm not really going to need the cock now anyway I feel less pressure and less fear, able to achieve a mental hard on that doesn't quite deliver to the lower extremities. Maybe if I had the dick surgically implanted a bit closer to the brain things would be different. Take the nose and put it where the cock used to be, then put the cock where the nose used to be. Constant messages from the sex-riddled brain with less distance to travel will reach the cock with full impact as the big bone grows stiff and hard in full blown Pinnochio motif.

I been over sexed in my opinion of myself. Spent way too much time looking at porn. Chasing women I can't catch. Avoiding the ones I could get. What a whirly whig of sexual overtness.

Re: The True Birth of the Blues

<085b4407-6f21-424a-a5b6-027a5dc6ee21n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6088&group=alt.life.sucks#6088

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 17:40:39 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 01:40 UTC

> I been over sexed in my opinion of myself. Spent way too much time looking at porn. Chasing women I can't catch. Avoiding the ones I could get. What a whirly whig of sexual overtness.

Would you be willing to change it all Twilight Zone style? I doubt it. Look man, it's over. You've had your time. It was great even if it wasn't. And it wasn't even if it was. It was just a moment in time and you happened to be there. Big deal. I never chased women I couldn't catch. Too much of a punk to handle the rejection. Plus, as a masochist, I automatically liked the type that didn't like me - the type that wasn't my type. Disco dancers, the dress up crowd, a lot of surface shit - and I went for it. I had some decent ones who came on to me - and that's who I went with, the ones who came on to me. I came on to them too but would not chase. I knew I could always jerk off. Yeah, Woody Allen gets all the credit with his stupid, "I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member, but it's just another version of what you said, that you avoided the ones you could get. I did the same. I like being denied. But only up to a point. Anyway, it's over. Even jerking off is a chore now. If it isn't I'll make it one.

Re: The True Birth of the Blues

<d0f71238-07b6-4e8d-9def-54f29972386dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6103&group=alt.life.sucks#6103

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 20:25:23 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 04:25 UTC

On Sunday, December 5, 2021 at 8:40:40 PM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I been over sexed in my opinion of myself. Spent way too much time looking at porn. Chasing women I can't catch. Avoiding the ones I could get. What a whirly whig of sexual overtness.
> Would you be willing to change it all Twilight Zone style? I doubt it. Look man, it's over. You've had your time. It was great even if it wasn't. And it wasn't even if it was. It was just a moment in time and you happened to be there. Big deal. I never chased women I couldn't catch. Too much of a punk to handle the rejection. Plus, as a masochist, I automatically liked the type that didn't like me - the type that wasn't my type. Disco dancers, the dress up crowd, a lot of surface shit - and I went for it. I had some decent ones who came on to me - and that's who I went with, the ones who came on to me. I came on to them too but would not chase. I knew I could always jerk off. Yeah, Woody Allen gets all the credit with his stupid, "I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member, but it's just another version of what you said, that you avoided the ones you could get. I did the same. I like being denied. But only up to a point. Anyway, it's over. Even jerking off is a chore now. If it isn't I'll make it one.

I thought WC Fields said that? Well I say it all the time and people who also say it make up a club I wont join.

Re: The True Birth of the Blues

<4526a69c-7b14-45df-8db1-5f81e27f65c3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6121&group=alt.life.sucks#6121

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 21:43:49 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 05:43 UTC

> I thought WC Fields said that? Well I say it all the time and people who also say it make up a club I wont join.

I don't think anyone made it up, it's just a natural thought that passes through the brain of most intelligent people now and then, like for example wondering why the really good looking woman you're seeing wants anything to do with you in the first place. Just about all quotes that have no real authors are attributed automatically to mostly either Woody Allen or Groucho Marx.

Re: The True Birth of the Blues

<10fe5984-f4f2-4a28-b2d2-65642e92c371n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6125&group=alt.life.sucks#6125

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 18:37:55 -0800 (PST)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 02:37 UTC

On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 12:43:49 AM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I thought WC Fields said that? Well I say it all the time and people who also say it make up a club I wont join.
> I don't think anyone made it up, it's just a natural thought that passes through the brain of most intelligent people now and then, like for example wondering why the really good looking woman you're seeing wants anything to do with you in the first place. Just about all quotes that have no real authors are attributed automatically to mostly either Woody Allen or Groucho Marx.

Gouch Marx was Gandhi. Now please correct those qoutes/