People are unconditionally guaranteed to be full of defects.

interests / soc.culture.china / US should stop eyeing too much on China’s hypersonic missiles and broaden its horizons: Global Times editorial

SubjectAuthor
* US should stop eyeing too much on China’s hypersonltlee1
+- Re: US should stop eyeing too much on China’s hypeltlee1
+- Re: US should stop eyeing too much on China’s hypeRusty Wyse
`* Re: US should stop eyeing too mukikiko
 +- Re: US should stop eyeing too much on China’s hypeRusty Wyse
 `* Re: US should stop eyeing too much on China’s hypersonic missiles and broaden itByker
  `- Re: US should stop eyeing too much on China’s hypeRusty Wyse

1
US should stop eyeing too much on China’s hypersonic missiles and broaden its horizons: Global Times editorial

<7d51aa6d-a895-45de-8475-1496e78cc15an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6106&group=soc.culture.china#6106

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 18:18:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: US_should_stop_eyeing_too_much_on_China’s_hyperson
ic_missiles_and_broaden_its_horizons:_Global_Times_editorial
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 01:18 UTC

"It is meaningless to discuss the credibility of the FT report. But it is important to note the unstoppable trend that China is narrowing the gap with the US in some key military technologies as China is continuously developing its economic and technological strength. China doesn't need to engage in an "arms race" with the US - it is capable of weakening the US' overall advantages over China by developing military power at its own pace.

In the long term, the comparison between the military powers of China and the US will be in the following paradigm:The US' overall military advantage will be maintained, while its air force and navy have higher quality and its global deployment and projection capabilities will be unmatched by China's. Meanwhile, China won't have any will to globally challenge the US' dominant position in military sphere, and the US shouldn't worry about losing its military hegemony.

However, China's military buildup will focus on the Taiwan Straits and the South China Sea. It is inevitable that China will take an upper hand over the US military strength in these areas thanks to the geographical proximity and the continuous increase of China's input. Chinese society has not only strong expectations for this, but also strong determination and corresponding ability to realize this reversal. The US' conventional military superiority around the world will not translate into a guarantee of superiority in these regions.

The US is very concerned about China's nuclear development. There is no doubt that China has no plans to build a nuclear force of the same size as that of the US. In other words, we have no intention of launching a "nuclear arms race" with the US. However, China will certainly improve the quality of its nuclear deterrence to ensure that the US completely eliminates the idea of nuclear blackmail against China at any critical moment and its idea of using nuclear forces to make up for the weakness that US' conventional forces cannot crush China. "

Clear message from the Globaltimes editorial: Please don't underestimate China's resolve and capability.

Re: US should stop eyeing too much on China’s hypersonic missiles and broaden its horizons: Global Times editorial

<54f4b847-2b44-40e0-a394-3b941f84d1f5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6110&group=soc.culture.china#6110

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 04:23:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_US_should_stop_eyeing_too_much_on_China’s_hype
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 11:23 UTC

On Sunday, October 17, 2021 at 8:18:08 PM UTC-5, ltlee1 wrote:
> "It is meaningless to discuss the credibility of the FT report. But it is important to note the unstoppable trend that China is narrowing the gap with the US in some key military technologies as China is continuously developing its economic and technological strength. China doesn't need to engage in an "arms race" with the US - it is capable of weakening the US' overall advantages over China by developing military power at its own pace.
>
> In the long term, the comparison between the military powers of China and the US will be in the following paradigm:The US' overall military advantage will be maintained, while its air force and navy have higher quality and its global deployment and projection capabilities will be unmatched by China's. Meanwhile, China won't have any will to globally challenge the US' dominant position in military sphere, and the US shouldn't worry about losing its military hegemony.
>
> However, China's military buildup will focus on the Taiwan Straits and the South China Sea. It is inevitable that China will take an upper hand over the US military strength in these areas thanks to the geographical proximity and the continuous increase of China's input. Chinese society has not only strong expectations for this, but also strong determination and corresponding ability to realize this reversal. The US' conventional military superiority around the world will not translate into a guarantee of superiority in these regions.
>
> The US is very concerned about China's nuclear development. There is no doubt that China has no plans to build a nuclear force of the same size as that of the US. In other words, we have no intention of launching a "nuclear arms race" with the US. However, China will certainly improve the quality of its nuclear deterrence to ensure that the US completely eliminates the idea of nuclear blackmail against China at any critical moment and its idea of using nuclear forces to make up for the weakness that US' conventional forces cannot crush China. "
>
> Clear message from the Globaltimes editorial: Please don't underestimate China's resolve and capability.

Globaltimes editorial is from the bad cop. The following from the good cop.

"It was a routine spacecraft experiment to test the technology of spacecraft reusability, China's
Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said on Monday, responding to the Western media
hyping of what they claimed China's launch of a "nuclear-capable hypersonic missile" in August.

Zhao made the remarks on Monday during a regular press conference. He was commenting
on a Financial Times report that said China launched such a missile which circled the globe
before speeding toward its target. The report said the test demonstrated "an advanced space
capability that caught US intelligence by surprise."

Many firms in the world have conducted similar experiments and the separating part of the
spacecraft was its accessory part, and it would burn and break up in the atmosphere and the
debris would fall into international waters, Zhao said.

China will work with other countries for the peaceful use of space for the benefit of mankind,
Zhao noted."

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202110/1236620.shtml

Re: US should stop eyeing too much on China’s hypersonic missiles and broaden its horizons: Global Times editorial

<79b33383-d1cb-4596-a460-52f8e03c2454n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6124&group=soc.culture.china#6124

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 10:09:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 17:09 UTC

On Sunday, October 17, 2021 at 6:18:08 PM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
> "It is meaningless to discuss the credibility of the FT report. But it is important to note the unstoppable trend that China is narrowing the gap with the US in some key military technologies as China is continuously developing its economic and technological strength. China doesn't need to engage in an "arms race" with the US - it is capable of weakening the US' overall advantages over China by developing military power at its own pace.
>
> In the long term, the comparison between the military powers of China and the US will be in the following paradigm:The US' overall military advantage will be maintained, while its air force and navy have higher quality and its global deployment and projection capabilities will be unmatched by China's. Meanwhile, China won't have any will to globally challenge the US' dominant position in military sphere, and the US shouldn't worry about losing its military hegemony.
>
> However, China's military buildup will focus on the Taiwan Straits and the South China Sea. It is inevitable that China will take an upper hand over the US military strength in these areas thanks to the geographical proximity and the continuous increase of China's input. Chinese society has not only strong expectations for this, but also strong determination and corresponding ability to realize this reversal. The US' conventional military superiority around the world will not translate into a guarantee of superiority in these regions.
>
> The US is very concerned about China's nuclear development. There is no doubt that China has no plans to build a nuclear force of the same size as that of the US. In other words, we have no intention of launching a "nuclear arms race" with the US. However, China will certainly improve the quality of its nuclear deterrence to ensure that the US completely eliminates the idea of nuclear blackmail against China at any critical moment and its idea of using nuclear forces to make up for the weakness that US' conventional forces cannot crush China. "
>
> Clear message from the Globaltimes editorial: Please don't underestimate China's resolve and capability.

I believe the Vietnam War, the Afghanistan War,... have much more indication of America's military might...
As I have said before...
Instead of getting America's military to train other nation's fighting men, let the Vietnamese, the Afghans to train them...

Re: US should stop eyeing too much on China’s hypersonic missiles and broaden its horizons: Global Times editorial

<skkal7$npr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6127&group=soc.culture.china#6127

From: kik...@turmail.com (kikiko)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re:_US_should_stop_eyeing_too_mu
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 01:24:53 +0800
 by: kikiko - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 17:24 UTC

This one is the media news editorial is the mouth piece of the Chinese
government. While the second one is from Zhao Lijian from the Chinese
foreign ministry.

"ltlee1" wrote in message
[...]

<8aecc1fa-e0ee-4b15-a5ef-7c976b6d77ffn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6129&group=soc.culture.china#6129

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 10:38:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 17:38 UTC

On Monday, October 18, 2021 at 10:24:58 AM UTC-7, kikiko wrote:
> This one is the media news editorial is the mouth piece of the Chinese
> government. While the second one is from Zhao Lijian from the Chinese
> foreign ministry.

Yes, PRC propaganda...
Mine is real-life observation...

> "ltlee1" wrote in message
> "It is meaningless to discuss the credibility of the FT report. But it is
> important to note the unstoppable trend that China is narrowing the gap with
> the US in some key military technologies as China is continuously developing
> its economic and technological strength. China doesn't need to engage in an
> "arms race" with the US - it is capable of weakening the US' overall
> advantages over China by developing military power at its own pace.
>
> In the long term, the comparison between the military powers of China and
> the US will be in the following paradigm:The US' overall military advantage
> will be maintained, while its air force and navy have higher quality and its
> global deployment and projection capabilities will be unmatched by China's.
> Meanwhile, China won't have any will to globally challenge the US' dominant
> position in military sphere, and the US shouldn't worry about losing its
> military hegemony.
>
> However, China's military buildup will focus on the Taiwan Straits and the
> South China Sea. It is inevitable that China will take an upper hand over
> the US military strength in these areas thanks to the geographical proximity
> and the continuous increase of China's input. Chinese society has not only
> strong expectations for this, but also strong determination and
> corresponding ability to realize this reversal. The US' conventional
> military superiority around the world will not translate into a guarantee of
> superiority in these regions.
>
> The US is very concerned about China's nuclear development. There is no
> doubt that China has no plans to build a nuclear force of the same size as
> that of the US. In other words, we have no intention of launching a "nuclear
> arms race" with the US. However, China will certainly improve the quality of
> its nuclear deterrence to ensure that the US completely eliminates the idea
> of nuclear blackmail against China at any critical moment and its idea of
> using nuclear forces to make up for the weakness that US' conventional
> forces cannot crush China. "
>
> Clear message from the Globaltimes editorial: Please don't underestimate
> China's resolve and capability.

Re: US should stop eyeing too much on China’s hypersonic missiles and broaden its horizons: Global Times editorial

<ZuKdnUWfTbI-SvD8nZ2dnUU7-TnNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6141&group=soc.culture.china#6141

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,sci.military.naval,soc.culture.asian
Subject: Re:_US_should_stop_eyeing_too_much_on_China’s_hypersonic_missiles_and_broaden_its_horizons:_Global_Times_editorial
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 15:22:56 -0500
 by: Byker - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 20:22 UTC

"kikiko" wrote in message news:skkal7$npr$1@dont-email.me...

> This one is the media news editorial is the mouth piece of the Chinese
> government. While the second one is from Zhao Lijian from the Chinese
> foreign ministry.

Keeping an eye on their ersatz "missile silos" is good enough...

Re: US should stop eyeing too much on China’s hypersonic missiles and broaden its horizons: Global Times editorial

<2512822a-15fe-474f-b733-352eb36a128bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6155&group=soc.culture.china#6155

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 18:32:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Tue, 19 Oct 2021 01:32 UTC

On Monday, October 18, 2021 at 1:23:05 PM UTC-7, Byker wrote:
> "kikiko" wrote in message news:skkal7$npr$1...@dont-email.me...
> >
> > This one is the media news editorial is the mouth piece of the Chinese
> > government. While the second one is from Zhao Lijian from the Chinese
> > foreign ministry.
> Keeping an eye on their ersatz "missile silos" is good enough...

Better to keep an eye on their "3,000 miles of tunnels inside China's mountains"...
if you can find it...