Make it myself? But I'm a physical organic chemist!

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing threats to Taiwan Observer editorial

SubjectAuthor
* The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing threaltlee1
`* Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing tRusty Wyse
 `* Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinp.kitaro..
  `* Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing tRusty Wyse
   +* Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing tbmoore
   |`* Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing tRusty Wyse
   | `* Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing tbmoore
   |  `* Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing tRusty Wyse
   |   `* Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing tbmoore
   |    `- Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing tRusty Wyse
   `* Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinpchotto matte kudasai
    `- Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing tltlee1

1
The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing threats to Taiwan Observer editorial

<54915555-5e63-4251-9291-8ace77360f89n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5850&group=soc.culture.china#5850

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 04:31:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The_Observer_view_on_Xi_Jinping’s_increasing_threa
ts_to_Taiwan_Observer_editorial
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 10 Oct 2021 11:31 UTC

"Chinese president Xi Jinping’s menacing declaration that reunification with Taiwan is a “historical task [that] must be fulfilled and definitely will be fulfilled” came at the end of a fraught week. Provocative sorties by Chinese combat aircraft inside the island’s air defence zone are at record levels. Defiant statements by Taiwan’s leaders “to do whatever it takes” to repel invasion have acquired a new intensity. The US and regional countries are uneasy. Is war coming?

Most analysts think not, not yet at least. Unlike previous verbal broadsides, Xi’s speech in the Great Hall of the People avoided an overt threat of force to defeat those he calls “independence separatists”. The People’s Liberation Army navy is building amphibious assaults ships and landing craft needed for an invasion. Chiu Kuo-cheng, Taiwan’s defence minister, predicts Beijing will be ready to attack by 2025."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/oct/10/the-observer-view-on-xi-jinping-increasing-threats-to-taiwan

With the PRC and the ROC still the two sides of an unfinished civil war, each side is by default a threat to the other side. The PRC wants to put an end to the civil war peacefully. Violently if absolutely necessary. To the extent that the ROC does not want to give up, war is indeed in the card.

Does the world want to see China Civil War 2.0?
Will China Civil War 2.0 benefit the world?
If not, the two sides must negotiate.

It is funny is that a lot of comments warning the PRC of war risk but no one wants to suggest a negotiated outcome.

Not mentioning China's history and not suggesting negotiation in opinion piece such as the current one would make the author and the readers a sense of holier-than-thou. But it would have zero effect on the inevitability of re-unification.

Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing threats to Taiwan Observer editorial

<68fd2b6b-1cb9-4523-9e65-0f8411027badn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5853&group=soc.culture.china#5853

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 08:46:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_The_Observer_view_on_Xi_Jinping’s_increasing_t
hreats_to_Taiwan_Observer_editorial
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sun, 10 Oct 2021 15:46 UTC

On Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 4:31:31 AM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
> "Chinese president Xi Jinping’s menacing declaration that reunification with Taiwan is a “historical task [that] must be fulfilled and definitely will be fulfilled” came at the end of a fraught week.

It will come. You can depend on it.

Provocative sorties by Chinese combat aircraft inside the island’s air defence zone are at record levels. Defiant statements by Taiwan’s leaders “to do whatever it takes” to repel invasion have acquired a new intensity.

What is Taiwan's population? 30 million? against China's 1.4 billion?
Taiwan has no chance... China can out-produce any country in weapons...

> The US and regional countries are uneasy. Is war coming?

Yes,...

> Most analysts think not, not yet at least. Unlike previous verbal broadsides, Xi’s speech in the Great Hall of the People avoided an overt threat of force to defeat those he calls “independence separatists”. The People’s Liberation Army navy is building amphibious assaults ships and landing craft needed for an invasion. Chiu Kuo-cheng, Taiwan’s defence minister, predicts Beijing will be ready to attack by 2025."

No need to attack. China doesn't want to kill other Chinese...
All China has to do is to hold all Taiwanese living in China hostage...

> https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/oct/10/the-observer-view-on-xi-jinping-increasing-threats-to-taiwan
>
> With the PRC and the ROC still the two sides of an unfinished civil war,

The civil war ended long ago...
only the memory of it remains...

>...each side is by default a threat to the other side.

Naaa...
Taiwan is no threat to China... Taiwan is a side-show only the U.S. cares....

The PRC wants to put an end to the civil war peacefully. Violently if absolutely necessary. To the extent that the ROC does not want to give up, war is indeed in the card.

Naaa
There will be no war....
Taiwan can not even touch China... The U.S. can not help...

> Does the world want to see China Civil War 2.0?
> Will China Civil War 2.0 benefit the world?
> If not, the two sides must negotiate.

No need to negotiate... Taiwan will gradually disappear... and become part of China...

> It is funny is that a lot of comments warning the PRC of war risk but no one wants to suggest a negotiated outcome.

No war, no negotiation... Taiwan will gradually disappear... and become part of China...

> Not mentioning China's history and not suggesting negotiation in opinion piece such as the current one would make the author and the readers a sense of holier-than-thou. But it would have zero effect on the inevitability of re-unification.

Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing threats to Taiwan Observer editorial

<sk39gl$qid$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5921&group=soc.culture.china#5921

From: toi...@tr.com (.kitaro..)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re:_The_Observer_view_on_Xi_Jinp
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 14:21:10 +0800
 by: .kitaro.. - Tue, 12 Oct 2021 06:21 UTC

No negotiation, can disappear?

It has gone on for years, with no negotiation, and yet ever more dangerously
away from reunification.

Just look at it now, each time a change in government, something by the new
leader will play a game to change its status quo.

This is in order to have more time to build up its military needs, They will
hide and delay any process of reunification with China.

Hence, negotiation is a must now, to conclude with a signing of
reunification order.

Make no mistake, this should include real action on Taiwan.

"Rusty Wyse" wrote in message

> Does the world want to see China Civil War 2.0?
> Will China Civil War 2.0 benefit the world?
> If not, the two sides must negotiate.

No need to negotiate... Taiwan will gradually disappear... and become part
of China...

> It is funny is that a lot of comments warning the PRC of war risk but no
> one wants to suggest a negotiated outcome.

No war, no negotiation... Taiwan will gradually disappear... and become
part of China...

> Not mentioning China's history and not suggesting negotiation in opinion
> piece such as the current one would make the author and the readers a
> sense of holier-than-thou. But it would have zero effect on the
> inevitability of re-unification.

Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing threats to Taiwan Observer editorial

<a9b839a7-8a79-41f1-bc2b-153cbce6d360n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5933&group=soc.culture.china#5933

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 09:36:23 -0700 (PDT)
hreats_to_Taiwan_Observer_editorial
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Tue, 12 Oct 2021 16:36 UTC

On Monday, October 11, 2021 at 11:21:11 PM UTC-7, .kitaro.. wrote:
> No negotiation, can disappear?
>
> It has gone on for years, with no negotiation, and yet ever more dangerously
> away from reunification.
>
> Just look at it now, each time a change in government, something by the new
> leader will play a game to change its status quo.
>
> This is in order to have more time to build up its military needs, They will
> hide and delay any process of reunification with China.
>
> Hence, negotiation is a must now, to conclude with a signing of
> reunification order.
>
> Make no mistake, this should include real action on Taiwan.

Taiwan is a side-show only the U.S. cares!!! because the U.S. wanted to stir up as much trouble/problem for China as possible. Japan is a puppy dog of the U.S. following Uncle Sam every step... Other nations don't give a shit about Taiwan. If China really wanted Taiwan back, all China needed to do is hold all Taiwanese living in China hostage...

China doesn't care about Taiwan except other nations make a fuss about it.... China didn't care about Taiwan until Chiang Kai Shek made it his refuge....

> "Rusty Wyse" wrote in message
> > Does the world want to see China Civil War 2.0?
> > Will China Civil War 2.0 benefit the world?
> > If not, the two sides must negotiate.
>
> No need to negotiate... Taiwan will gradually disappear... and become part
> of China...
>

> > It is funny is that a lot of comments warning the PRC of war risk but no
> > one wants to suggest a negotiated outcome.
>
> No war, no negotiation... Taiwan will gradually disappear... and become
> part of China...
>

> > Not mentioning China's history and not suggesting negotiation in opinion
> > piece such as the current one would make the author and the readers a
> > sense of holier-than-thou. But it would have zero effect on the
> > inevitability of re-unification.

Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing threats to Taiwan Observer editorial

<c789c549-9801-44c8-8502-25c0bccfd449n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5952&group=soc.culture.china#5952

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 16:17:24 -0700 (PDT)
hreats_to_Taiwan_Observer_editorial
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Tue, 12 Oct 2021 23:17 UTC

On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 9:36:25 AM UTC-7, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, October 11, 2021 at 11:21:11 PM UTC-7, .kitaro.. wrote:
> > No negotiation, can disappear?
> >
> > It has gone on for years, with no negotiation, and yet ever more dangerously
> > away from reunification.
> >
> > Just look at it now, each time a change in government, something by the new
> > leader will play a game to change its status quo.
> >
> > This is in order to have more time to build up its military needs, They will
> > hide and delay any process of reunification with China.
> >
> > Hence, negotiation is a must now, to conclude with a signing of
> > reunification order.
> >
> > Make no mistake, this should include real action on Taiwan.
> Taiwan is a side-show only the U.S. cares!!! because the U.S. wanted to stir up as much trouble/problem for China as possible. Japan is a puppy dog of the U.S. following Uncle Sam every step... Other nations don't give a shit about Taiwan. If China really wanted Taiwan back, all China needed to do is hold all Taiwanese living in China hostage...

China wants the land. Holding Taiwanese in China hostage will not achieve that. They would have to attack.

Of course other nations care about Taiwan. Wrong again, Yale.

> China doesn't care about Taiwan except other nations make a fuss about it.... China didn't care about Taiwan until Chiang Kai Shek made it his refuge....

You just said "Other nations don't give a shit about Taiwan". Now you say "other nations make a fuss about it". But to you there's no contradiction.

But hey, if you find being an idiot fun, that's nice.

> > "Rusty Wyse" wrote in message
> > > Does the world want to see China Civil War 2.0?
> > > Will China Civil War 2.0 benefit the world?
> > > If not, the two sides must negotiate.
> >
> > No need to negotiate... Taiwan will gradually disappear... and become part
> > of China...
> >

> > > It is funny is that a lot of comments warning the PRC of war risk but no
> > > one wants to suggest a negotiated outcome.
> >
> > No war, no negotiation... Taiwan will gradually disappear... and become
> > part of China...
> >

> > > Not mentioning China's history and not suggesting negotiation in opinion
> > > piece such as the current one would make the author and the readers a
> > > sense of holier-than-thou. But it would have zero effect on the
> > > inevitability of re-unification.

Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing threats to Taiwan Observer editorial

<96686b46-85f1-47bd-bf68-de39d49e401fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5954&group=soc.culture.china#5954

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 08:17:56 -0700 (PDT)
hreats_to_Taiwan_Observer_editorial
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 15:17 UTC

On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 4:17:26 PM UTC-7, bmoore wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 9:36:25 AM UTC-7, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Monday, October 11, 2021 at 11:21:11 PM UTC-7, .kitaro.. wrote:
> > > No negotiation, can disappear?
> > >
> > > It has gone on for years, with no negotiation, and yet ever more dangerously
> > > away from reunification.
> > >
> > > Just look at it now, each time a change in government, something by the new
> > > leader will play a game to change its status quo.
> > >
> > > This is in order to have more time to build up its military needs, They will
> > > hide and delay any process of reunification with China.
> > >
> > > Hence, negotiation is a must now, to conclude with a signing of
> > > reunification order.
> > >
> > > Make no mistake, this should include real action on Taiwan.
> > Taiwan is a side-show only the U.S. cares!!! because the U.S. wanted to stir up as much trouble/problem for China as possible. Japan is a puppy dog of the U.S. following Uncle Sam every step... Other nations don't give a shit about Taiwan. If China really wanted Taiwan back, all China needed to do is hold all Taiwanese living in China hostage...
> China wants the land. Holding Taiwanese in China hostage will not achieve that. They would have to attack.
>
> Of course other nations care about Taiwan. Wrong again, Yale.
> > China doesn't care about Taiwan except other nations make a fuss about it... China didn't care about Taiwan until Chiang Kai Shek made it his refuge...
> You just said "Other nations don't give a shit about Taiwan". Now you say "other nations make a fuss about it". But to you there's no contradiction.
>
> But hey, if you find being an idiot fun, that's nice.

More of bless (brain-less) bullshit...
of course no more bmore... before he's really b-less...
Without Taiwan, you'll bjobless...

> > > "Rusty Wyse" wrote in message
> > >
> > > No need to negotiate... Taiwan will gradually disappear... and become part
> > > of China...

> > > No war, no negotiation... Taiwan will gradually disappear... and become
> > > part of China...

Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing threats to Taiwan Observer editorial

<ee05dec9-f965-4246-9a15-1ac0abbef919n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5957&group=soc.culture.china#5957

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 08:36:14 -0700 (PDT)
hreats_to_Taiwan_Observer_editorial
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 15:36 UTC

On Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 8:17:58 AM UTC-7, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 4:17:26 PM UTC-7, bmoore wrote:

> > > Taiwan is a side-show only the U.S. cares!!! because the U.S. wanted to stir up as much trouble/problem for China as possible. Japan is a puppy dog of the U.S. following Uncle Sam every step... Other nations don't give a shit about Taiwan. If China really wanted Taiwan back, all China needed to do is hold all Taiwanese living in China hostage...
> > China wants the land. Holding Taiwanese in China hostage will not achieve that. They would have to attack.
> >
> > Of course other nations care about Taiwan. Wrong again, Yale.
> > > China doesn't care about Taiwan except other nations make a fuss about it... China didn't care about Taiwan until Chiang Kai Shek made it his refuge...
> > You just said "Other nations don't give a shit about Taiwan". Now you say "other nations make a fuss about it". But to you there's no contradiction.
> >
> > But hey, if you find being an idiot fun, that's nice.
> More of bless (brain-less) bullshit...
> of course no more bmore... before he's really b-less...
> Without Taiwan, you'll bjobless...

I haven't worked for Taiwan for years.

But you'll always be an idiot.

Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing threats to Taiwan Observer editorial

<6af4366c-f2a5-4538-b6f3-ad9ec13fd43fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5963&group=soc.culture.china#5963

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 08:51:39 -0700 (PDT)
hreats_to_Taiwan_Observer_editorial
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 15:51 UTC

On Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 8:36:16 AM UTC-7, bmoore wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 8:17:58 AM UTC-7, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > China wants the land. Holding Taiwanese in China hostage will not achieve that. They would have to attack.
> > >
> > > Of course other nations care about Taiwan. Wrong again, Yale.
> > > You just said "Other nations don't give a shit about Taiwan". Now you say "other nations make a fuss about it". But to you there's no contradiction.
> > >
> > > But hey, if you find being an idiot fun, that's nice.
> > More of bless (brain-less) bullshit...
> > of course no more bmore... before he's really b-less...
> > Without Taiwan, you'll bjobless...
> I haven't worked for Taiwan for years.

Well, as I have said...
You are really jobless...

> But you'll always be an idiot.

Yeah!!!
id
io
t Yeah!!!

Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing threats to Taiwan Observer editorial

<b8cd7148-e8f7-42c3-b27e-7b65741cd240n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5965&group=soc.culture.china#5965

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 09:12:06 -0700 (PDT)
hreats_to_Taiwan_Observer_editorial
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 16:12 UTC

On Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 8:51:41 AM UTC-7, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 8:36:16 AM UTC-7, bmoore wrote:

> > > More of bless (brain-less) bullshit...
> > > of course no more bmore... before he's really b-less...
> > > Without Taiwan, you'll bjobless...
> > I haven't worked for Taiwan for years.
> Well, as I have said...
> You are really jobless...

Whatever you say, Yale.

> > But you'll always be an idiot.
> Yeah!!!
> id
> io
> Yeah!!!

Wow.

Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing threats to Taiwan Observer editorial

<91bebb4a-76dc-4522-b24c-d0ffc92e5d74n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5967&group=soc.culture.china#5967

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 09:23:29 -0700 (PDT)
hreats_to_Taiwan_Observer_editorial
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 16:23 UTC

On Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 9:12:08 AM UTC-7, bmoore wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 8:51:41 AM UTC-7, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > I haven't worked for Taiwan for years.
> > Well, as I have said...
> > You are really jobless...
> Whatever you say, Yale.

Well, at least it's not b-less... brainless...

> > > But you'll always be an idiot.
> > Yeah!!!
> > id
> > io
> > Yeah!!!
> Wow.

You mean it's b-less??? brainless!!!
Where is Taiwan, b-less????

Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing threats to Taiwan Observer editorial

<skaq1h$t36$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5997&group=soc.culture.china#5997

From: chotto m...@gmail.com (chotto matte kudasai)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 10:46:14 +0800
 by: chotto matte kudasai - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 02:46 UTC

Whether one side show by US is not going to change the determination to
recover and reunify Taiwan back to China.

Make no mistaken if US continues to attempt to interfere and stay its
soldiers in Taiwan they will be putting themselves dangerously into the pit
of fire.

"Rusty Wyse" wrote in message

On Monday, October 11, 2021 at 11:21:11 PM UTC-7, .kitaro.. wrote:
> No negotiation, can disappear?
>
> It has gone on for years, with no negotiation, and yet ever more
> dangerously
> away from reunification.
>
> Just look at it now, each time a change in government, something by the
> new
> leader will play a game to change its status quo.
>
> This is in order to have more time to build up its military needs, They
> will
> hide and delay any process of reunification with China.
>
> Hence, negotiation is a must now, to conclude with a signing of
> reunification order.
>
> Make no mistake, this should include real action on Taiwan.

Taiwan is a side-show only the U.S. cares!!! because the U.S. wanted to stir
up as much trouble/problem for China as possible. Japan is a puppy dog of
the U.S. following Uncle Sam every step... Other nations don't give a shit
about Taiwan. If China really wanted Taiwan back, all China needed to do is
hold all Taiwanese living in China hostage...

China doesn't care about Taiwan except other nations make a fuss about it...
China didn't care about Taiwan until Chiang Kai Shek made it his refuge...

> "Rusty Wyse" wrote in message
> > Does the world want to see China Civil War 2.0?
> > Will China Civil War 2.0 benefit the world?
> > If not, the two sides must negotiate.
>
> No need to negotiate... Taiwan will gradually disappear... and become part
> of China...
>

> > It is funny is that a lot of comments warning the PRC of war risk but no
> > one wants to suggest a negotiated outcome.
>
> No war, no negotiation... Taiwan will gradually disappear... and become
> part of China...
>

> > Not mentioning China's history and not suggesting negotiation in opinion
> > piece such as the current one would make the author and the readers a
> > sense of holier-than-thou. But it would have zero effect on the
> > inevitability of re-unification.

Re: The Observer view on Xi Jinping’s increasing threats to Taiwan Observer editorial

<da005472-95b5-4f44-a378-7fa84fe82876n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6034&group=soc.culture.china#6034

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 19:30:15 -0700 (PDT)
hreats_to_Taiwan_Observer_editorial
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 16 Oct 2021 02:30 UTC

On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 9:46:12 PM UTC-5, matte kudasai@gmail.com chotto matte kudasai wrote:
> Whether one side show by US is not going to change the determination to
> recover and reunify Taiwan back to China.
>
> Make no mistaken if US continues to attempt to interfere and stay its
> soldiers in Taiwan they will be putting themselves dangerously into the pit
> of fire.

And doing so by hiding the truth from the American people. The media portrays Taiwan as an
independent country. The US as well as most of the world accept China as the representative
of One China and this China includes Taiwan.

It keeps talking about Chinese aggression. But in the end it knows that there would not Chinese
aggression unless the US as well as the world change their position and officially recognize
Taiwan as an independent country. At that point, China would have no choice but to attack
Taiwan right away.