Your heart is pure, and your mind clear, and your soul devout.

interests / rec.motorcycles / Re: Kawasaki 750 Turbo owners please read....

SubjectAuthor
* Kawasaki 750 Turbo owners please read....TheChev69
`* Kawasaki 750 Turbo owners please read....bob prohaska
 `* Kawasaki 750 Turbo owners please read....Mark Olson
  `- Kawasaki 750 Turbo owners please read....bob prohaska

1
Re: Kawasaki 750 Turbo owners please read....

<f99cff7d-d9c7-4eea-9b14-fed606eb7632n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6026&group=rec.motorcycles#6026

Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 11:12:03 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Kawasaki 750 Turbo owners please read....
From: jtool2...@live.com (TheChev69)
 by: TheChev69 - Tue, 28 Feb 2023 19:12 UTC

On Monday, May 11, 1992 at 7:15:22 PM UTC-5, Willie Sanchez wrote:
> [...]
> n. WON'T
> SCRATCH
> 65.H EAVY DUTY CYCLE RAMP $ 96.00
> This is lightweight aluminum that has been stamped in a "U" shape. 1300 pound c
> apacity.
> Has
> traction ridges and the shape helps hold the bike straight. THE BEST MONEY CAN
> BUY!
> 66.LOCKHART 750 TURBO T- SHIRTS $ 15.00
> These were last produced in 1986. Now being produced for "HORSEPOWER
> UNLIMITED"
> ONLY. Show evervone how ~roud vou are to own THE BEST BIKE EVER MADE!
> 67. HORSEPOWER UNLIMITED TURBO T - SH IRT $ 12.00
> THIS IS OUR OWN DESIGN. RED AND BLACK WITH TURBO LOGO!
> 6 8 . FA C T O R Y T U R B 0 7 5 0 EN G I N E P O S T E R $ 2 5 . O
> X-RAY VIEW of turbo and engine! Beautiful detail. LIMITED SUPPLY, CALL!
> WHEN THESE ARE GONE THEY ARE GONE!
> 6 9 . U S E D T U R B O S $ PER ORDER
> 7 0 . R E B U I L T T U R B O S $ PER ORDER
> 7 1 . E N G I N E B U I L D I N G $ PER ORDER
> 7 2 . N E W A N D U S E D S T O C K P A R T S $ PER ORDER
> 73 .WE WANT TO H EA R FROM YOU !
> PARTS BOUGHT, SOLD, TRADED! VOLUME DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE!
> GENERAL INFORMATION
> ALL PARTS ARE SH IPPED BY U.P.S.
> PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING.
> PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
> FREE TECHNICAL ADVICE. JUST CALL!
> PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS OF OUR ITEMS.
> KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED FOR OTHER TURBOS IN
> YOUR AREA. THESE BIKES MUST BE PRESERVED.
> GPz 750 TURBO CLUB FORMING!
> IF YOU KNOW OR SEE SOMEONE WITH A 750 TURBO, AND CAN GET THEIR
> NAME,
> ADDRESS, AND PHONE NUMBER FOR THE NATIONAL OWNERS DIRECTORY
> WHICH
> WE ARE COMPILING, PLEASE DO SO. ONCE COMPLETED YOU WILL KNOW
> WHERE
> TO FIND PEOPLE IN YOUR AREA WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DO ABOUT THESE
> GREAT FACTORY HOT-ROD MOTORCYCLES. THANK YOU
> MIKE CHESTNUT OWNER
> (310) 827-5~95 HORSEPOWER UNLIMITED
> 5 P E C I A L N O T E: I AM LOOKING FOR SOME OF THE FACTORY
> ACCESSORIES
> THAT WERE AVAILABLE WHEN THE BIKES WERE NEW. THEY INCLUDE A
> BIKE
> COVER, HELMET, POSTERS AND OTHERS IF ANYONE HAS ANY OF THESE
> ITEMS
> AND WOULD BE WILLING TO SELL THEM PLEASE CALL ME AS SOON AS
> POSSIBLE!
> I WILL PAY TOP DOLLAR OR WORK A KILLER TRADE FOR ANY OF THESE
> ITEMS.
> REMEMBER: TH ESE BIKES HAVE MORE PERFORMANCE
> S T Y L E A N D F U N T H A N M A N Y O F T H E N E W B I K E S .
> P L U S, T H EY A R E R A R E, A N D H O L D I N G T H E I R V A L U E .
> RIDE IN CONTROL WHEN YOU HAVE BOOSTED TH E
> PERFORMANCE, AND GET USED TO THE NEW POWER!
> HORSEPOWER UNLIMITED ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR
> RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGES OR INJ URY
> R F. 1. A T F. n T o T 1~ F 11 C F ~ F T 11 F ~ F P .~ 1~ T
I stumbled across this Group. Is it still active?

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Kawasaki 750 Turbo owners please read....

<tuantg$1245v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6511&group=rec.motorcycles#6511

From: bp...@www.zefox.net (bob prohaska)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 19:33:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: bob prohaska - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 19:33 UTC

TheChev69 <jtool2009@live.com> wrote:
> I stumbled across this Group. Is it still active?

Yes, still a few readers. The group has become flooded with
drug ads, so it'd be a good idea to put something eye-catching
in the subject if you want folks to notice your posts. For the
moment the word motorcycle will work.

bob prohaska

Re: Kawasaki 750 Turbo owners please read....

<tuar10$12pb7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6512&group=rec.motorcycles#6512

From: ols...@tiny.invalid (Mark Olson)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 20:26:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark Olson - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 20:26 UTC

bob prohaska <bp@www.zefox.net> wrote:
> TheChev69 <jtool2009@live.com> wrote:
>> I stumbled across this Group. Is it still active?
>
> Yes, still a few readers. The group has become flooded with
> drug ads, so it'd be a good idea to put something eye-catching
> in the subject if you want folks to notice your posts. For the
> moment the word motorcycle will work.
>
> bob prohaska

+1.

I'm still checking in here but the vast number of spam posts makes
it hard to wade through them all, looking for anything even vaguely
related to motorcycling.

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, Vespa Ciao

Re: Kawasaki 750 Turbo owners please read....

<tud9mi$1igma$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6589&group=rec.motorcycles#6589

From: bp...@www.zefox.net (bob prohaska)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 18:48:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: bob prohaska - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 18:48 UTC

Mark Olson <olsonm@tiny.invalid> wrote:

> I'm still checking in here but the vast number of spam posts makes
> it hard to wade through them all, looking for anything even vaguely
> related to motorcycling.

The only remedy I can think of is to add a widely-recognized keyphrase
or -word to the subject line. Far as I can tell the spam posts don't
generally use the word "motorcycle", so that seems a good start. It's
very easy to search, folks paying attention can agree on a new term if
it becomes necessary.

In principle a moderated group could be set up, but I can't think of
anybody who'd want to be the moderator 8-)

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska