From: m1...@m1.com (World-News2100)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: More of my philosophy about artificial intelligence and
neuroevolution and common sense and more..
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 12:35:06 -0400
 by: World-News2100 - Mon, 11 Oct 2021 16:35 UTC

Hello,

More of my philosophy about artificial intelligence and neuroevolution
and common sense and more..

I have just read the following article about neuroevolution
that is a meta-algorithm in artificial intelligence, an algorithm for
designing algorithms, i invite you to read about it here:

https://www.quantamagazine.org/computers-evolve-a-new-path-toward-human-intelligence-20191106/

So notice that it says the following

"In neuroevolution, you start by assigning random values to the weights
between layers. This randomness means the network won’t be very good at
its job. But from this sorry state, you then create a set of random
mutations — offspring neural networks with slightly different weights —
and evaluate their abilities. You keep the best ones, produce more
offspring, and repeat."

So i think that the problem with neuroevolution above is that the
"evaluate the abilities of the offspring neural networks" lacks common
sense.

So read the following interesting article that says that artificial
intelligence has also brought a kind of common sense to Computers, and
read about it here:

https://arxiv.org/abs/1906.05317

And read about it in the following article:

"Now, Choi and her collaborators have united these approaches. COMET
(short for “commonsense transformers”) extends GOFAI-style symbolic
reasoning with the latest advances in neural language modeling — a kind
of deep learning that aims to imbue computers with a statistical
“understanding” of written language. COMET works by reimagining
common-sense reasoning as a process of generating plausible (if
imperfect) responses to novel input, rather than making airtight
deductions by consulting a vast encyclopedia-like database."

Read more here:

https://www.quantamagazine.org/common-sense-comes-to-computers-20200430/

Also I invite you to look carefully at the following video of a jewish
AI(artificial intelligence) scientist about artificial intelligence(And
read about him here: https://rogantribe.com/who-is-lex-fridman/):

Exponential Progress of AI: Moore's Law, Bitter Lesson, and the Future
of Computation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me96OWd44q0

I think that the jewish AI(artificial intelligence) scientist that is
speaking on the video above and that is called Lex Fridman is making a
big mistake, since he focuses too much on improving Deep Learning in
artificial intelligence using exponential improvement of computation of
CPU hardware, but i think that it is a "big" mistake and you can easily
notice it by reading carefully my following thoughts and writing:

More of my philosophy about artificial intelligence and specialized
hardwares and more..

I think that specialized hardwares for deep learning in artificial
intelligence like GPUs and quantum computers are no more needed, since
you can use only a much less powerful CPU with more memory and do it
efficiently, since a PhD researcher called Nir Shavit that is a jewish
from Israel has just invented a very interesting software called neural
magic that does it efficiently, and i invite you to look at the
following very interesting video of Nir Shavit to know more about it:

The Software GPU: Making Inference Scale in the Real World by Nir
Shavit, PhD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGj2CJHXXKQ

And there is not only the jewish above called Nir Shavit that has
invented a very interesting thing, but there is also the following
muslim Iranian and Postdoctoral Associate that has also invented a very
interesting thing too for artificial intelligence, and here it is:

Why is MIT's new "liquid" AI a breakthrough innovation?

Read more here:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fintelligence-artificielle.developpez.com%2Factu%2F312174%2FPourquoi-la-nouvelle-IA-liquide-de-MIT-est-elle-une-innovation-revolutionnaire-Elle-apprend-continuellement-de-son-experience-du-monde%2F

And here is Ramin Hasani, Postdoctoral Associate (he is an Iranian):

https://www.csail.mit.edu/person/ramin-hasani

And here he is:

http://www.raminhasani.com/

He is the study’s lead author of the following new study:

New ‘Liquid’ AI Learns Continuously From Its Experience of the World

Read more here:

https://singularityhub.com/2021/01/31/new-liquid-ai-learns-as-it-experiences-the-world-in-real-time/

I think i am smart, and notice how i am talking about
how we have not to have a narrow view of what is smartness, and notice
how i am talking about the distributed smartness as rules etc. so i
think i can logically infer from my below thoughts the other way of
solving the greatly complex systems that is not by like "planning" the
whole system from a centralized government, but by emergence of a higher
level intelligence from distributing like the rules or.. into the small
parts of the system that will solve the greatly complex system, it looks
like the evolutionary design and planning, and it looks like the way of
the higher level smartness from an Ant colony, since in an Ant colony
there is no central government, but there is a distributed intelligence
that needs a kind of diversity of genetics of the members of the colony
and it needs like a distributed rules that the members have to follow
that will make emerge a higher level of intelligence. And of course it
looks like evolutionary algorithms in artificial intelligence, since the
advantage of evolutionary algorithms in artificial intelligence is that
they don't plan in advance but they search by like following some
distributed rules, and of course they need some "randomness" so that to
not get stuck in a local optimum, this is why i am talking below about
how to make our civilization that is a complex system much more
resilient by learning how to learn to humans with like a set
of rules like in an Ant colony by saying the following and notice
that the learning how to learn can be an efficient abstraction that
helps a lot:

More of my philosophy about how i am more happy and more..

I think that i am much more happy since i am understanding that being
happy is like a lifestyle that is based on some efficient rules that
permit the emergence of happiness, and i will talk about it more in my
new philosophy, so i think that we even need some important rules so
that to be a much more resilient civilization, since i think that there
is the way of learning people how to become an engineer, but this way of
doing is lacking very much, and there is also the way of learning people
how to learn that also permits to efficiently take advantage of this
sophisticated tool that we call internet, so i think that this way of
learning how to learn to people does make our civilization much more
resilient, since the way of "specialization" of our today civilization
is also a "weakness" that has to be solved much more efficiently by the
way of learning people how to learn on internet etc. and here is my
new proverb that talks about it:

"I think what is happening in the West and other parts of the world,
it is that individuals are becoming too stupid, since it is the way of
specialization that is required, since the individuals are specialized
in there jobs so that to enhance much more the efficiency and
productivity as a society or as group, but this specialization is a
weakness that is making individuals too stupid, but we can become smart
working as a group or as a society using the tools of internet etc."

And here is my thoughts about artificial intelligence and evolutionary
algorithms in artificial intelligence:

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.culture.morocco/c/P9OTDTiCZ44

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

interests / soc.culture.china / More of my philosophy about artificial intelligence and neuroevolution and common sense and more..